October 2014 Moms
Options

Who will be in the delivery room?

Who are the people that you want with you when you deliver your baby(ies)? 

I only want my mom and DH there, just like the first time. I just couldn't take any larger of a group nor would I feel comfortable with other people seeing me give birth. 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Me: 38 DH: 36
Married 8/27/2011
BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

Re: Who will be in the delivery room?

• Options
    Just my SO. 
    O14 May Siggy Challenge: Cinco de Mayo
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My mom was there for the other two, so her and my SO. No one else needs to see my vag besides the docs and nurses and students apart from
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Three people are allowed at our hospital for vaginal delivery so Dh, my mom, and probably his mom.
  • Options
    Only DH will be in the delivery room (well, other than necessary medical personel of course).  That's what we did with the last two as well.  We didn't have anyone (other than my mom who was watching DS#1) come visit us in the hospital either.  All visits had to wait until we were at home and comfortable.  Even DS#1 didn't come to the hospital last time.  My mom came to bring me some real food while DH got some needed rest since the cafeteria was already closed.
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    Id like tpnhave just my dh and my mom. But I think his mom is gonna wanna be in on the action too. So we'll see how I feel. I may kick them all out except for dh. But my mom is super helpful consisting she's an RN. There's so much to think about. Haha
    April Siggy Challenge: Favorite Flower- Dahlia

image   image
    Married July 2012
    TTC Since March of 2013
    First BFP: 1-26-14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Justabean3Justabean3 member
    edited April 2014
    My mom will go in the OR. Dh didn't survive round 1 so my mom went in during round 2.. So much calmer and smoother for the doctors than when your DH isn't passing out
  • Options
    FI and my only sister. She's done all natural all 3 times. Plus she's my person.
  • Options
    Probably just DH. I'd be ok with my mom too, but then my dad would get bored in the waiting room, ha.

Pregnancy Ticker
    DH and I have been married 3+ years. This is our first PG, and we are thrilled! 
    Can't wait to meet our baby BOY, Mateo in October!!
  • Options
    Just DH. He's the only person I want with me in the delivery room

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    As much as my sister and mom can bug the crap out of me sometimes in a way that only your family can, they were exceedingly helpful with my labor with my daughter.  On the other hand, I really don't want family staying with us after delivery again because it was hard on us to try to adjust to being at home with visitors.  If I can get them to stay at a hotel, it would be nice if they're able to be there for delivery, along with my H.  Otherwise, just DH and a doula so I can hopefully have a VBAC.

• Options
    Definitely just DH.  The first time we also had a doula, but she's moved away, so I think we'll just do without this time. I have no desire to have anyone else there.  I'm not terribly modest, but see this as my and DH's "moment" and don't want any distractions from that.  I felt like a doula was different because she just sort of melted into the background once baby arrived, but I don't see my mom going anywhere! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Just DH and OB + whatever nurse(s) are around.  I'm actually looking forward to doing this overseas so that I don't even have to deal with other family members who might want to come in.  I'm happy it gets to be a moment for just us.

Native NYC-ers living in Switzerland - First time parents - 36 + 37

TTC: 8 Months / BFP: 2/8/2014 / EDD: 10/20/2014  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    archi35 said:
    Just DH and OB + whatever nurse(s) are around.  I'm actually looking forward to doing this overseas so that I don't even have to deal with other family members who might want to come in.  I'm happy it gets to be a moment for just us.
    We didn't even let my mom come to Ukraine until after DD was born.  My worst nightmare was my mom sitting on my couch watching me, waiting for me to go into labor.  She came two weeks after the birth and it was perfect. 

• Options
    archi35 said:
    We didn't even let my mom come to Ukraine until after DD was born.  My worst nightmare was my mom sitting on my couch watching me, waiting for me to go into labor.  She came two weeks after the birth and it was perfect. 
    I hear that - we're on the same plan! :)

Native NYC-ers living in Switzerland - First time parents - 36 + 37

TTC: 8 Months / BFP: 2/8/2014 / EDD: 10/20/2014  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Just DH- but we will again ask our oldest if she wants to be in there. She was 8 when DS was born, and because she is adopted, we really wanted her to feel included. She decided against it. She is 10 now and we will see if she wants to be there this time.
  • Options
    DH only. I am pretty adamant about it but my cousin is my back up if DH can't do it.
    If for some reason I change everything I ever believed about how I would feel with my mom there, I will ask her. But I think it would add a ton of stress!

• Options
    My husband. My mom was there last time but she lives across the country so I doubt she can be there this time.
  • Options
    Only DH and the hospital staff!
    ~Miss K born 1/8/2011~Miss I born 1/3/2013~2 angels~
    Baby #3 is on the way!  EDD 10/29/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just DH. With my first I also had my mom but now she's going to be watching the kids.
  • Options
    Just my husband. Thankfully no other family lives here.
  • Options
    Just my husband.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just my husband and hospital staff. I definitely don't want my mom there! She tends to add extra stress in stressful situations, and that's the last thing I will need.
    Me: 30 H: 30, Married Since 10/2010, TTC #1 in 12/2013, BFP 2/13/2014, Baby M 10/16/14
    It's a girl!
  • Options
    DH and my doula
    imageimage
  • Options
    Just DH. I feel like its a special moment for us.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    As of now, I think it will be DH, our doula and midwife.
  • Options
    Just my husband, please and thank you.  (Oh, and trained medical professionals.)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Just my partner. I plan on another drug-free birth and I prefer the intimacy of just us in a time of such intensity. Well, us and the midwife and any other relevant healthcare professionals. ;)
    Me: 31  ~  Copilot: 37  ~  Our son: 3/25/11 ~ Our daughter: 10/5/14
  • Options
    I think just DH.

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    Last time, it was DH and my sister., as the hospital had a 2 person limit. This time, DH will be overseas, so he will likely be replaced by my mom who missed the process last time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Just DH! I'm glad this is my third time and everyone kind of knows the drill. 

When I was pregnant with DS1 I only wanted DH and when I went to tell my mom my plan (thinking she'd be a little sad she wouldn't be in there) she totally agreed. She said only my dad was there for her births and she thinks it's a special time for the parents. Whew! That made it easy. I know DH's mom wanted to be in there and that was not happening but it was easier to tell her since my own mom wouldn't be there  either. 
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    Only DH, just like last time (and of course, the hospital staff).  I could not imagine having extra people around while I'm going through that.  @HappyCianci used the word "intensity" -- good description.  DD's birth was very intense, not to mention messy and exhausting.  Kind of a private thing between me and DH.  Anyone else would just irritate me.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • Options
    Just DH and the hospital staff. Last time there was a random med school student- he was cool. No one else though. My mom would stress me out--- so would MIL.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    Just my husband like last time. My mom is welcome to come, but she only lasted about two hours with DD birth. She's not very good in hospitals lol.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Just DH. And medical staff.
  • Options
    Just DH for me, too.  And I also hope to avoid anyone else sitting in the waiting room.  We'll let our parents know when I'm in labor (or when my c/s will be, depending on how it goes), but ask that they not come until we call them, I think.  I also plan to limit who comes to visit in the hospital.  I absolutely hated how my hospital room felt like it had a revolving door last time, and there would be all these fools standing around my bed.  Ugh, I want no one but our parents to visit until we're home.

With DD, my c/s was scheduled for 5:30 in the afternoon, and based on what the nurses told us was "typical" recovery time, we told our parents they could probably come around 8.  My post surgery recovery was far from typical, and we didn't get to our room until something like 10:30 or 11 at night.  I felt completely miserable, and then we had to have all of our parents come tromping through to hold DD and take pictures because they had been sitting in the waiting room for almost 3 hours.  No thanks.
  • Options
    With DS, I had DH and my mom, with these twins I will have DH and a doula hopefully (my mom will be watching DS)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I had my mom and DH there for my csection.Ill prob see if I can do the same this time around. But well see the date gets closer.
  • Options
    Emerald27 said:
    DH and my doula
    Same.  I guess that means I should start looking for a doula...

Toddler Turtle - November 2011
    Baby Turtle - November 2014

• Options
    Only DH. My mom is too much work and his is a sociopath. She wouldn't come even if we asked her too. She didn't even come to the hospital when DD2 was born. And that's her "only real grandchild."

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"