July 2014 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Brain

So I went into work today thinking everything is good and that I have everything together. Went OUT to lunch and on the way back in my coworker asks me why I have two different shoes on!!!! One is black and one gray. To make matters worse one is a slipper!!!! Anyone else having issues like this?

Re: Pregnancy Brain

• Options
    you know i thought i would and everyone is like you can still see your feet!!! I guess i was just rushed this morning and .... That kinda day i guess. But now Im tied to my desk and dont want to leave in fear people are going to notice lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's too funny!!

I have had some awful pregnancy brain. Left the propane going on the grill all evening once. Forgot the dogs in the rain at least three or four times. I got out of the shower with conditioner still in my hair. God, the list could go on... So embarassing!

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Options
    We all get it. A better question would be how aware of it are we.

I tried to butter my coffee yesterday and put the sugar jar in the fridge (thankfully caught it before anyone else saw!).

My car keys are now under care of my husband because of all the places he finds them (including the fridge, the bathroom cupboard, inside the car (several times), the laundry hamper, my sock drawer...

I tried to feed the cat cereal the other day, went out TWICE in my slippers in the same day, have a check to deposit which could well be anywhere at this point and that's just the ones I've noticed.

• Options
    I forget to eat lunch almost daily, DH usually calls me up and reminds me to feed myself.

I have moments of not remembering how to put clothes on.

I drove around town for about twenty minutes a couple times now because I forgot where I was going. Luckily DS loves to ride in the car and he just thought we were out for a cruise; DH was not informed of that.

I have attempted to make dinner without the oven on a few times, about the time DH asks if dinner is about I done I walk in to find the oven off.

I'm completely aware of my pregnancy brain, but there's not much I can do other than laugh at myself.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Picture!!!  Hahaha- this is too funny!  I can totally relate though.  Last week I drove 45 min the other direction to my old house that I haven't lived in for months!  Didn't even catch it when I paid the toll (which I haven't had to do since I moved!)
  • Options
    BP607BP607 member
    I have forgotten where DS was, I couldn't remember taking him to daycare, then I remembered he was home with my H.

Go to the grocery store with a list and don't even buy everything on it.

Tried to put yogurt in the cupboard.

The list could go on!
  • Options

I tried to butter my coffee yesterday and put the sugar jar in the fridge (thankfully caught it before anyone else saw!).

My car keys are now under care of my husband because of all the places he finds them (including the fridge, the bathroom cupboard, inside the car (several times), the laundry hamper, my sock drawer...

I tried to feed the cat cereal the other day, went out TWICE in my slippers in the same day, have a check to deposit which could well be anywhere at this point and that's just the ones I've noticed.

I feel you on the car keys. I was late for work the other day because I locked them in the night before. Fun fact though, save the money a locksmith would cost because the police will come open it for free! Also last week I left my headlights on and killed my battery...twice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image          image

• Options

I feel you on the car keys. I was late for work the other day because I locked them in the night before. Fun fact though, save the money a locksmith would cost because the police will come open it for free! Also last week I left my headlights on and killed my battery...twice.
    Luckily I haven't locked the keys in the car, but there is no way in hell the Chicago police would come help with that! I've heard that they don't even respond right away to burglaries in homes if the offenders aren't there anymore.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

BFP#2 7/3/13.  U/S at 6w4d showed 1 heartbeat at 127 bmp and 2 empty sacs.  MMC discovered at 10w4d.  D&C 8/27/13.  Pathology showed normal boy.  Missing our babies every day.
    BFP#3 10/29/13!  Beta#1 at 4w5d - 2141, beta#2 at 5w1d - 7651!  U/S 11/21/13 showed baby measuring 2 days ahead with a heartbeat of 127 bmp!
  • Options

Luckily I have a smart-key so my car unlocks if the key is near it. It's impossible to lock the keys inside but probably easy to steal it.
  • Options
    This morning a friend told me where she was by the name of the stadium she was watching her kids game at which almost sounds like city, but it's the same school stadium my kid played football at last fall. I replied, "Wow! That sounds far away. Where is that?" Felt dumb when she responded, "the highschool..."

Have put all the detergent and clothes in the laundry and forgot to press start several times. This one is starting to annoy me!!

I usually forget things if I don't write them down but now I really forget til a day later. Like saying I'd volunteer. Sent a midnight email apologizing that I'd completely forgot.

Definitely looking forward to not having to deal with this part of pregnancy when baby comes! I still think a lot is due to stress and being tired, it's been a long week with one car doing pick ups and drop offs for four, but pregnancy is definitely not helping matters.
  • Options
    I have pregnancy brain, mostly mumbling and forgetting my train of thought and just generally forgetful.
  • Options
    Im just glad that my clients dont talk to each other to compare notes. I feel like I say something dumb and have to back track often. Its so frustrating when I know I am not usually a complete idiot and its this pregnancy brain thats making me sound like a lunatic.
    First Baby and a complete surprise.
    Hubby has decided to be team green so we are driving friends and family crazy!
  • Options
    I walked 3 steps from the microwave to the sink and could not remember why I was there. It took a couple of minutes to figure out I'd gone for a cloth to wipe a spill in the microwave.

I also took me 2 trips upstairs to look at my husband's calender today to be able to tell my MiL what time he was working.

Also panicked because my car was missing - husband had taken it to work like he does EVERY Saturday.
  • Options
    My ability to create any kind of logical order-of-operations has gone completely out the window.  Trying to clean the house today took like 3 times longer because I was just doing things totally out of order and making things harder for myself   :((

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• Options
    I was watching Vegas Vacation and my dh walked in and said, Oh Vegas Vacation I love this movie! I turned to him and said No, this is where they go to Vegas. He just shook his head at me.
    hi

• Options
    cln05 said:
    This topic has made my day. I thought my pregnancy brain was abnormally bad, nope. My stories are right up there with yours. So thank you for this relief not feeling completely insane. Also, i want to fight anyone who wants to argue that it's not a "real thing".
    Any good stories?
  • Options
    I keep putting my glasses down and forgetting where I put them. Obviously, I can't see without them so looking for them is very tricky!

At the store today, I stared at the bread or the longest time because I couldn't figure out why I was there. I was so relieved when I remembered I was there because we needed bread! But couldn't remember what kind. Husband was off work so had the option to come with me but instead, let me loose on my own - it was not the best decision!
  • Options
    The other day, I went to check DD's lunch in the oven to see if it was done yet.  Opened the oven and it wasn't even in there.  It was still sitting on the counter!  

Also guilty of going to the store and not getting all the things on the list.

And I just have trouble speaking!  Words don't come out right, or I use wrong words.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Last night I was sewing a shirt and I sewed a sleeve on inside out. Not toooo big of a deal, it was black. Finished the shirt, turned it inside right and I'd sewn the other damn sleeve on inside out, too! I'm always forgetting to press the start button on the dryer. Annoying! Couldn't figure out why hubs was getting up late. Was he sick? Was work cancelled? No, derp, it's Saturday.
    My iPad apologizes for it's lack of formatting.

image   image

• Options
    cln05cln05 member
    Well I put my apple in the microwave and rang the doorbell to get into my own house, with keys in hand.

Stuff like that.
  • Options
    In the space of about 20 minutes:
    Asked the OH if I locked the car. He said yes.
    Got back to the car, went to open it and was surprised when it opened straight away because I'd locked it.

Derp. Got keyless entry so walking away from the car with the key locks it. Being near the car unlocks it. The door doesn't even have a place to put a key.

• Options
    TG07TG07 member
    I've worked in the same building for over 2 years now and three times this pregnancy I've walked into the mens bathroom on accident. So strange!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Finally had a super embarrassing  pregnancy brain moment.
    Went to the grocery store and loaded my groceries in the trunk of my car. Sat my purse down in the trunk.... then closed the trunk. Guess where my keys were?! Oh, it gets better. I called a locksmith and was told I would have to wait 20 mins for them to get there. About 5 mins later it dawned on me that I had to unlock my driver-side door to pop the trunk.... and it was still unlocked. I had to call the locksmith back to cancel, which was embarrassing... but at least I didn't have to pay $40.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That's awesome with the different shoes ;) some days I feel so dingy I scare myself ! I forget words and my hubby has to remind me what I was saying ..... But were making a human and I'm sure that's just taking our brain power ;) I was dingy before and it's just horrible now. Getting worried because a few friends have said the pregnancy brain stays after pregnancy!! We shall see
  • Options
    I spent about 5 hours trying to send a fax and could not figure out why I couldn't get it to go through... Then I realized the whole time I had been trying to fax it to myself....
  • Options
    darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited April 2014
    @Desimajors - it get a little better after but I don't think you ever go back to being 100% as sharp as before.

Edit: forgot the % sign, duh!
  • Options
    PinksundropsPinksundrops member
    edited April 2014
    Edit: Ugh TB deleted half my comment and I'm too tired to type it back up. Going back to bed and will have to do so later. Pretty sure pregnancy brain just played a sick joke on me ;)
  • Options
    Pretty sure I left the house today not only forgetting to lock the front door, but forgetting to CLOSE the front door.  Been trying to call DH to tell him, but he's sleeping through my calls.  At least he's there and will shut the door eventually   8-}

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• Options
    I think DH is picking up on pregnancy brain. He just started to ask me a question, trailed off, and when I asked him "Did I what?" He just said "Fair question...." Never did remember what he was going to ask.
    image          image

• Options
    I have a push start car/keyless start.  I honest to god forgot how to start my car.  I was convinced the battery was dead because it wasn't turning on. I called AAA to come jump start my car. 5 mins later I realized that your foot has to be on the BRAKE not the gas to start the car. I called them back and they laughed with sympathy.
  • Options
    So glad to hear I am not alone! Yesterday I grabbed and heated up a co-workers lunch because I thought it was mine. To be fair, we both had similar tupperware containers and with rice on the bottom. However, the worst part was my reaction--rather that realize I had someone else's lunch, I thought I grabbed the wrong container out of my fridge in the morning. And I actually said out loud: "And I don't think my lunch is any good because I don't even remember cooking this! It must be super old." Then, thank goodness, my co-worker says "maybe you grabbed someone else's lunch." I felt like such a dope. Luckily, everyone had a good laugh, and the person who's lunch I grabbed was super psyched to find their food already hot and waiting for her when she came into the teacher's lounge.
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    There could be a whole pregnant brain thread for stuff we've left in the fridge/stuff that should be in the fridge that we put somewhere else.

My MiL is in her 60s and usually sharp as a tack but sometimes has lapses too - blames it on being in sympathy with me! She left the icecream in the fridge so it was soup by the time someone found it.

This morning, all I had to do was make me a coffee (we have a magic machine, you just put the cup near it and it gives you coffee) and make MiniMe a coffee (she has de-caff so I have to use the kettle and put loads of milk in). I manged to get all of it right - decaff for her, more milk in hers, the right amount of sugar in both, no burns from the kettle - put the jar of decaff away and thought no more of it until MiL asked why it was in the fridge. So was the milk but we've yet to find the sugar...

Twice now, I've set off to get a shoe container (I want either a shoe rack or a hanging thing for the closet so I can put paired shoes away neatly). One attempt, I got in the car and had no idea why I was there so just sat in the driveway. The other attempt, I got to the end of the driveway before I forgot where I was going.
    I've been thinking about getting a shoe container all day so far but can't go because husband took my car to work. You can bet that tomorrow, when I have my car and have to drive by the store anyway, I will not remember to go in and get it.
  • Options
    I did the ice cream in the fridge thing back in December. Right before a trip so we came home to gross soupy ice cream.

But today was something special. I saw in our kitchen cabinet one of those large jar-like containers with the little spout for lemonade or tea, and decided to make some sweet tea. Boiled the water...and poured it directly in the glass container, forgetting that you can't expose glass to sudden extreme temperatures. It cracked all the way around the bottom and would have fallen apart if not for the spout holding it together. Sooooo no tea tonight :-/
    image          image

• Options
    Turns out I'd put the sugar away in the cupboard with the coffee mugs.

Remembered what I was trying to get at the store (shoe rack) and shouted "shoe rack!". Unfortunately the family member present was not the same one I'd told I couldn't remember what I wanted from the store so that got me a funny look.

Made quesadillas for lunch. Sat down quietly to eat, played some solitaire, smelled burning and ran back to the stove only to find I'd left the final one in the pan and burned it to a crisp.

Woke up this morning and flew into a panic because the husband was gone. He works mornings and leaves before dawn, has done for a while.

Shouted at the cat to get off a shelf, several times.  Got annoyed when he ignored me.  It helps if you call the cat's name instead of the kid's when you want the cat to respond.
  • Options
    DH must have told me 5 times last week not to use the oven without taking out the pans of cookies he had made. Did I remember? Of course not. So when I preheated it for lasagna and smoke started coming out of the stove top, I looked and there were the two pans with wax paper about to catch on fire! Got them out in time, but more importantly the cookies had already been eaten so none were ruined.
    image          image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"