Multiples

How accurate were your growth scans...

Just had my last growth scan this morning at 35 weeks. Last one was 4 weeks ago. Both babies were up almost 2 lbs! That seems like a lot. And A is measuring 6lbs and change (I can't remember and it'll be a day or two before I see the report) and baby B was 5lbs 7 ounces (was 3 lbs 9 ounces at last scan). That seems huge. My DD was born at 40w3d at 6lbs 6 ounces. Despite 2 GD test I of course assume I have had it and the tests (done at 12/13 weeks and 28 weeks) were wrong. I don't know why the concern over them being big is causing me anxiety, other than I just don't get how I could have twins that weigh more than my full term singleton. And the thought of them gaining 1+ lbs in the next 3 weeks (c/s scheduled for 4/29 due to both being breech) scares me. No wonder I've gotten so huge (and gained more weight than planned). 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How accurate were your growth scans...

• My growth scan at 35 weeks was very accurate. My girls were born 36.3 weeks. The scan and their birthweight was practically identical.

Ella - 10/19/10
    Julia and Aubrey - 4/3/14

• Mine was off by about 10oz for the twins vs off by 2lbs with DD. My boys almost weighed as much as their sister, 6oz and 14oz less than her, and she was a full term baby weighing nearly 7lbs.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine was way off.  At 35w they said 7lbs 5 oz and 5 lbs 15 oz.  When they were born 5 weeks later at 40w0d they were 6lbs 13oz and 6lbs 9oz. 

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

• My growth scans were very accurate....my girls were born at 32w5d and were almost 5 lbs each, so it could happen!

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I had a growth scan the day I delivered and they were projected to be 6lbs 7oz and 6lbs 8oz....they were born at 6lbs and 6lbs 14oz so pretty accurate within a half pound either way :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I had an ultrasound at 31 weeks, the babies were shown to be 4 1/4 lbs, 3 3/4 lbs and 3 1/4 lbs. They were born 24 hours later at 3.12, 3.15 and 3.7.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • My boys were both a good 10oz smaller than their growth scans measured them at. I don't remember the exact numbers on the last scan, but they were both estimated to be over 6lbs each and came out at 5lbs 8oz and 5lbs 15oz. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Ours were quite accurate - the one I had the day prior to delivery (@29w) estimated the girls' weights within a few ounces of their birth weight.
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Just had a scan on Friday at 37w (yeah they are still in there) A was 8lbs and B was 7.1lbs. I will let you know tomorrow what their birth weight is.

Tmrw??? Yay! That is so exciting!!!
  • Yay @KatieGummow! Can't wait to hear your update tomorrow, good luck!

I think our 35 week scan was pretty close. The 35 week estimates were 6 1 and 5 15. I also remember being shocked at the huge increase over only a few weeks. The girls were born weighing 6 9 and 7 1, so I think it was close-ish.

• @BabyCarryingVessel and @whitehousem‌, thanks ladies! So excited. Can't wait to update you :)
    image    image    image    image

• Yay @KatieGummow - so exciting. Best of luck tomorrow. 

Thanks everyone for the input. I guess given that my DD was on the smaller size I assumed, given it's twins these guys would be even smaller than her. I just worry that something was missed...with my c/s date looming (21 days) I'm getting more anxious that there will be something wrong that we didn't know about and really everything is causing anxiety these days. Will I go into labor spontaneously, will I make it to my date, will they flip, etc. For some reason the sizes totally threw me for a loop today. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I read that twins go into a growth spurt a couple weeks before the singleton does because they are generally born earlier, so that could contribute to the differences in weight between the pregnancies.

• @kategummow, can we get a live feed?!?  ;)  Keep us posted!  Can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

BFP: 12/2/13, EDD: 8/17/13

imageimage

Follow MacKenzie and Madison's Journey at randidooley.wordpress.com

• lol...not at all.  Had a growth scan at 34 weeks and a few days.  Showed that both babies were over 6lbs.  Had the babies at 35w5d.  They weighed 5.5 and 4.14.

I have no idea where they get their numbers sometimes.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • My last appt with DD, they said she would be 8.5 lbs. She was 7lbs 13oz. They said DS would be 6.5 and he was 7lbs 12oz.
    It's why I'm not really concerned today when at my 29 week scan they told me Baby A was 3lbs and B was 2 lbs 6 oz. I'm thinking its probably closer than that.
  • Mine said they were well over 5 lbs at the 35 week US and I gave birth 2 weeks and 2 days later and they were 4.15 and 5.2, so, either they shrank or the scan was off. 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • My 35 week scan was 2 days before my water broke and it was pretty accurate within about 4 oz for each baby.
    Type 1 Diabetic, Hashimotos, RA. Its twins!!!!  EDD 1/6/2014 Di/di b/g twins.
  • SV917SV917 member
    My ultrasound was way off. MFM completely missed a diagnosis of IUGR. At 33w3d they estimated my daughter at 4 pounds, 2 ounces and she was born over a month later at 37w6d weighing 3 pounds, 3 ounces.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My scans were a bit off. At my scan 1 week before I delivered, I was told that both babies were well over 6 lbs and that baby A was bigger. So, it was to my surprise when baby A was smaller and was under 6 lbs (baby A was 5 lbs 12 oz and baby B was 6 lbs 10 oz). I wouldn't worry too much since the time you carry them is more important than their final weights, which I'm sure you know. My first born was 7 lbs 9 oz, so the twins were smaller. I will say I had similar skepticism b/c my twins' ultrasound estimated weights seemed to increase so quickly. 
  • So on a Friday A meausured 8 lbs and B 7.1lbs.

5 days later they were born and weighed 7.13lbs and 5.13lbs. So one baby was pretty close and one was over a pound off :)

• The last growth scan I had the babies measured 5lb 5 oz & 5lb 11oz. They were born about 3 weeks later & measured 4lb 9oz & 6lb 1oz.
    Was not expecting baby A to be so small, but they were both healthy & they are doing great. Will be 6 weeks on Sat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"