Nurseries and Baby Gear

Deals on double strollers?

I was so excited to pick up a single Baby Jogger of some sort, since things seemed to be MUCH cheaper as the newer models came out.  However, I cannot find any models of double jogger/hiking strollers that seem to go on sale.  Perhaps newer models of these don't come out as often?  So first, do you have any suggestions about this?  I can't even find a decent deal on Ebaby.

Second, what do you think is a good price on these used?  After a year of looking, I can honestly say that high end single strollers are less expensive on Amazon for a 2012 model at some parts of the year than they ever are offered on craigslist in my area.  I suspect this is because if you buy a 2012 stroller in 2012 for $430, then discount by half, you still think it is worth $215, and hope you can squeeze out $275, but they are now going for that much online.  However, since double strollers don't seem to go on sale, I guess used might be okay...  What do you think, Bumbleride Indie Twin for $475?

Also, I am sort of afraid to meet random people who know I have $500 in a urban area.  Tips?

Re: Deals on double strollers?

• Here's a Bob that is $415 ... no clue how it compares
    www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004DC9TEY/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1396059934&sr=1-5&pi=SL75

Another Bob (Ironman) for $447...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004DC9TF8/ref=mp_s_a_1_59?qid=1396060333&sr=1-59&pi=SL75

I know with my regular stroller, I am shocked how much the price fell 3 to 4 months after purchase & then a year later (both times I bought strollers!) and was disappointed in it's lack of resale value when they were selling the same stroller for slightly more than half of what I had paid. Have you checked to see if any of the stroller manufacturers have an ebay store? Sometimes times it is the same price or higher, other times there might be a deal to be found (DH has found this true for elevtronic purchases). I would be very hesitant to buy off of Craigslist as well. I know that my mom's group has an buy/sell email list and there have been a few double strollers that come up. Would go through that if I needed one. Good luck!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I find that Albee Baby and PishPosh Baby are the cheapest right now. I literally buy everything I own on Amazon, but the stroller prices for the doubles don't compare to Albee (for Baby Jogger).

I bought the 2013 City Mini Double GT on Albee baby and it was (and still is) $389. I snatched that up before it's sold out. That is the cheapest for the stroller by far.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • LittleAppleLittleApple member
    edited March 2014
    The City Mini doubles are on sale right now, they are the older year models.  You can get a City Mini double for $314

You can get the GT model for $384

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • ^^^^
    It's not a jogger but as far as great and easy to use stroller the city mini is wonderful. I love my single and just bought the $314 one from Albeebaby last week. That is a great price for that stroller. 

image image   image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

BFP#1 9/25/10 DD born 6/9/11
    BFP#2 8/1/13 MC 8/31/13
    BFP#3 11/2/13 EDD 7/15/14 Stick baby Stick
    1st u/s 11/26/13 at 7w, measuring right on track and a heartbeat of 139bpm
    NT Scan 1/6/14 at 12w 6d, normal healthy squirmy baby measuring right on track heartbeat of 147bpm
    1st 2nd tri Scan 2/3/14 at 16w 6d, very healthy baby BOY!
    A/S 3/4/14 still a very healthy BOY, measuring right on track!
    DS born 7/9/14

All always welcome

• I want the city select...and passed on a great deal a few months back. I'm still kicking myself.
  • slensic said:
    ^^^^
    It's not a jogger but as far as great and easy to use stroller the city mini is wonderful. I love my single and just bought the $314 one from Albeebaby last week. That is a great price for that stroller. 
    Yeah I'm aware it's not a jogger :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • lks18lks18 member

The City Mini doubles are on sale right now, they are the older year models.  You can get a City Mini double for $314

Thanks for the tip, I just bought the black 2013 gt double for $389. I already have a used double snap n go to use with their infant car seats so I feel I have my bases covered for getting these twins out and about.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The City Mini doubles are on sale right now, they are the older year models.  You can get a City Mini double for $314

This is the cheapest I've seen!

We ended up buying ours from Babies R Us, used the 15% off completion coupon + 15% off credit card offer and it was $419 after tax. Not too bad.

• I was just in my local BRU yesterday and they are having their clearance event.  They had the city mini double stroller on clearance for around $380 and then an additional 30% off.  So definitely check your local BRU.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"