Baby Showers
Options

Is 8 months too late?

My mom is looking into venues and they are almost all booked up. One venue has a date open. I will be just officially 8 months pregnant. I am a FTM, do you think this is too late? How are most mom's feeling at 8 months?

Re: Is 8 months too late?

• Options
    I recently hosted one and the MTB was 8 months, maybe a little over (it was 3/1, she was due 4/1).  She was fine.  It was really laid back, so she came and ate food, ate cake, and opened presents.  I don't recall wanting to be on my feet much at that point, so I suspect that you'll mostly want to be sitting down, but as long as that works with what you're mom's planning, I think you'll be fine. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    I'm hosting my sisters shower this coming weekend and she'll be just shy of 8 months at that point. I don't think it's too late but she does already have the nursery furniture and some clothes and things ready just in case.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm having mine this weekend at 34 weeks. I'm just now starting to get uncomfortable but I'll be fine. I get food so.... That's awesome.
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Even if you're feeling like an overdone baked potato, showers don't typically require much of the guest of honor. I had mine earlier at 30 weeks, but I'm on bed rest for preterm labor and still managed to stay upright in my chair, open presents, eat the cake, and not go into early labor in the middle of the party. I didn't get to mingle, and it was still pretty exhausting, but I survived and so will most moms to be at 8 months :)
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Options

My experience with someone who had a later shower was that she had the baby about 2 weeks after, and she didn't send out thank you's because she was 'too busy with the baby'.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    MandJS said:
    vk2204 said:

My experience with someone who had a later shower was that she had the baby about 2 weeks after, and she didn't send out thank you's because she was 'too busy with the baby'.

That's still not acceptable.

I had my shower after my daughter was born. I still managed to get thank you notes out.
    Exactly...this is why you do thank you cards ASAP, especially for a baby shower.  I attended a baby shower for a girl who had preemies (they were in the hospital at the time).  Never got a thank you and I still remember that.  I would understand if it takes a little longer than normal...but still send them!

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    Pepper6Pepper6 member
    edited April 2014
    My sister is 38 weeks and just hosted her son's birthday party, where she was preparing food, chasing a toddler, etc.  If she can do all that at 38 weeks, then my shower at 34 weeks where all I have to do is sit down, eat and open presents should be a piece of cake (literally).

But yes, no matter when it is, make sure you get out your thank you notes in a reasonable time frame!!  Having a baby is no excuse for being rude.
  • Options
    I think 8 months is fine, I wouldn't do it any later than that though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hello I am new to this board. My showe is May 4 I am due June 19. The shower is an hour from my house. I think all will be good.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Not at all. Why would it be?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    MizooMizoo member
    I'm due June 4th and my shower is scheduled for May 3rd, so I sure hope 8 months is not too late!
  • Options
    I don't get the problem. Most people work and continue on with life until they deliver. Why wouldn't you be able to go to a party?
  • Options
    My first child came at 36w5d. My shower was 1.5 weeks before that. I was huge, swollen and uncomfortable- but I didn't do anything other than eat and open presents. I was like Jabba the Hut sitting on the couch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"