October 2013 Moms
Options

Baby clothes

edited April 2014 in October 2013 Moms
Where do you get the MAJORITY of your baby clothes?

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

Baby clothes 212 votes

Baby Gap/Old Navy
8% 19 votes
Target
13% 29 votes
Gymboree
0% 2 votes
Children's Place
1% 4 votes
H & M
0% 0 votes
Goodwill, etc.
4% 10 votes
Hand me downs from sister/friend
16% 34 votes
Yard sales
0% 1 vote
Carters
41% 89 votes
SS. Explain below.
11% 24 votes

Re: Baby clothes

• Options
    We get most of ours from old navy and gap but I do love target as well. My baby has more style than I do.

• Options
    Hand me downs/yard sales is probably 70% A lot of the new stuff we were gifted was carters brand.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I picked Target, but I also love Kohls.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options

1. Gap 2. H&M 3. Old Navy 4. Target

We go to gap more than old navy too but it only let me do 10 options and they are owned by the same company so I put them together. :)

• Options
    Jalee85 said:

I was going to put kohls too but most of their stuff is just carters, right?

• Options
    1. Gap 2. H&M 3. Old Navy 4. Target
    We go to gap more than old navy too but it only let me do 10 options and they are owned by the same company so I put them together. :)

I, too, am obsessed with baby gap. I have the card and wait for 40% off sales and get good reward points.

• Options
    I get a lot from Walmart and sometimes babies r us if I have a coupon. My MIL gets us a bunch from baby gap or osh kosh b'gosh
  • Options
    Lee81Lee81 member
    Babies R Us seems to be SS. Most of the stuff I actually bought was from BRU but the majority of our clothes were gifts. I didn't have a shower/didn't register anywhere so clothes were the safest bet for people who wanted to get us stuff. This is one well-dressed baby.
  • Options
    Jalee85 said:

Jalee85 said:

I like the brand Jumping Bean from Kohls, but they have Carter's too. Jumping Bean has some of the best quality I've seen.
    Jumping Beans is a Kohls private label brand. Inexpensive and on trend, I love it. They also have cute Sonoma things, another Kohls private label.
  • Options
    We got a ton of stuff from some cute little boutique consignment stores and consignment sales in Denver.  Soooo i chose Goodwill, etc. because they are used.  Maybe I should have chose SS.  I absolutely love all the unique things I have found!  I also love baby Gap, ON, JumpingBean at Khols, and JCP has a cute brand called giggleBaby that I like.

imageimageimage

Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    Lee81 said:

Babies R Us seems to be SS. Most of the stuff I actually bought was from BRU but the majority of our clothes were gifts. I didn't have a shower/didn't register anywhere so clothes were the safest bet for people who wanted to get us stuff. This is one well-dressed baby.

Ahh forgot about babies r us. I don't shop there.

• Options
    Little bit of everything! I really can't pick one.

• Options
    We shop a little bit of everywhere.  Old Navy, Target, Carters, consignment (Once Upon A Child), BRU, and we have tons of hand me downs/gifts from family members!

• Options
    I said Carter's, but it's really g-ma that buys all of it.

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Options
    Hand me downs, yard sales, thrift shops, Target and Carters mostly...
  • Options
    Most of our baby clothes are Carter's but I rarely buy from the actual Carter's store. It's cheaper to buy elsewhere.

Toddler/preschooler clothes- I love Old Navy.
    Eleanor 1/8/10 Harriet 1/19/12 Margaret 10/31/2013
  • Options
    Amjoy25 said:

I said Carter's, but it's really g-ma that buys all of it.

This is us too. Grandma and auntie.

imageimage    

• Options
    I'm totally obsessed with Carters. Love their clothes. Also like target, but most of the stuff I get from target is "Just One You by Carters". ;) Also like old navy and kohls.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I picked hand-me-downs because I do get some of my nephew's old clothes and also do a lot of consignment shopping (Once Upon A Child and a few local ones)

• Options
    I like Carters clothes (from their store as well as from Target). We have a local consignment store that has gently used clothes, too. I think most of his clothes have been hand-me-downs or gifts, though!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Right now we buy a lot from Target. We have boxes of clothes in 6-9 and up that were hand me downs from my sister, but nothing in the smaller sizes. Once she grows into the bigger sizes, we'll be shopping a lot less.
  • Options
    Most of his clothes that were gifted to us were from Carter's but I recently discovered H&M and I love their stuff for boys! So I will definitely be getting more of his stuff from there now :) and I got a bunch of stuff at a consignment store for him for the summer too!
  • Options
    Mainly Old Navy & Gap, but also Target/Carter's.

I'm kind of obsessed with baby clothes. I would totally rather go shopping for him than for me. 
    Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • Options
    I spend so much on baby clothes. I love how Carter's wash up and their girl stuff is so cute! I like certain lines from Gymboree and Crazy 8 and Kohls. They are small for such a short time, no time to not be cute. My MIL gets a lot of stuff from thrift stores for us but a lot of it I really don't like. Not trying to be a diva but some is just so outdated and not cute.
  • Options

Jalee85 said:

Jalee85 said:

I like the brand Jumping Bean from Kohls, but they have Carter's too. Jumping Bean has some of the best quality I've seen.
    Jumping Beans is a Kohls private label brand. Inexpensive and on trend, I love it. They also have cute Sonoma things, another Kohls private label.
    We got a lot of LO's clothes from the jumping bean line. I work there so I wait for it to go clearance and then with coupons and my associate discount I pay less than I would at a garage sale lol. The only Sonoma things I have for him are his socks, they stay on really well though!

• Options
    We buy a lot from Walmart but usually that is Carter's brand but we also have a Carter's outlet here.
  • Options
    Carter's, Target, old navy and Hartstrings
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    1. Gap
    2. Kohls
    3. Dillard's/Macy's
    4. Target
  • Options
    The bulk of his clothes are hand-me-downs from my 2yo nephew. He was the first grandchild on my husband's side of the family, so needless to say, MIL went bananas. Some of the things she handed down were brand-new with tags.

That said, I do supplemental shopping at Children's Place, Target, Old Navy, and Kohl's.

And I agree that the Jumping Beans brand target is incredible, in quality and style and price.
     BFP #1: 3.2.13 | EDD: 10.21.13 | Born: 10.25.13
     BFP #2: 9.9.14 | EDD 5.13.15 | MC: 9.24.14
    BFP #3: 1.4.15 | EDD 8.23.15
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    vvg28vvg28 member
    SS - Amazon. Same prices or lower than the stores plus I get free shipping on most of it.

• Options
    Once upon a child.

imageimage
  • Options
    vargasgurlvargasgurl member
    edited April 2014
    I am open to anything

I buy anywhere from Target/TJ's/Gap/Carter's /Zulilly/Gilt to Amazon. As long as it's cute I am game.

I really like a good sale so I try to buy when they happen. (I was in the fashion industry so I am always looking .. But I don't want to break the bank either)

I would also like to make some stuff for her .. From fabrics that my mom saved for me.

My SIL gave me clothes that my niece wore and DD has been fortunate enough to have received some pretty nice pieces.
    < image
  • Options
    SS-LO has a 'fairy godmother' who spoils her rotten with enough cute outfits to last her until kindergarten. 

I am being good about storing everything for when her adult kids have babies so they can share in the bounty.  
    November: Doing my own thing

• Options
    I have not been a fan of target. I guess I'll have to look again. I buy most of her stuff at the resale shop Once Upon a Child. It's all high end stuff for really cheap. She has a nice collection. image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

• Options
    Equal parts Gap/Gymbo/Carter's/H&M/local stores/hand-me-downs. Only sales or with discounts/coupons. The only place I buy full price is H&M b/c they rarely have sales here. I do get the basics for 3/10€ though.

• Options
    Mama2be12345Mama2be12345 member
    edited April 2014
    Hand me downs for the win! MIL just brought over a bin of Ralph Lauren baby clothes for Ella from her daughter (who is only 12, unexpected late in life baby) and I'm super pumped. We already have lots of Carter's onesies and what not but now Ella will have more fun, girly outfits for when I feel like dressing her up!
  • Options
    Jalee85 said:

Jalee85 said:

We recently got a few jumping bean sleepers. I love them.
    Target, khols, walmart, random amazon.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone have suggestions of places to buy cute headbands?
    DD1 born 9.20.13
    #2 due 12.23.17 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Gap is like 90% my girls wardrobe that I buy. Buy JCrew is a close second followed by target.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"