November 2014 Moms
Options

Getting to know you

wendyldwendyld member
edited April 2014 in November 2014 Moms
In the spirit of talking about something other than naseau:

1) What's one big thing going on in your life right now other than being KU?

2) Any fun plans for this weekend?

ETA: How did I not notice the Nassau autocorrect. That's actually something I would be up for discussing.
A work in progress

MMC April 2014 at 6w2d, D&C at 9 weeks

MMC August 2014 at 9w1d, D&C at 12 weeks

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

Re: Getting to know you

• Options
    wendyld said:

In the spirit of talking about something other than Nassau:

We are just starting to build a house. This has been nearly three years in work but we've finally broken ground and hopefully the real building will start in the next week or two.

I'm also kicking off what could be the biggest project of my career and I'm really excited to see it finally happening.

There's a ren faire in town so my sister is coming for that. She's way into these and tons of outfits and such, so I will be joining her, in costume.

A work in progress

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    1) planning our trip to Hawaii this summer!!

2) going to dinner and to see Divergent with friends : )
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh man, I keep forgetting about divergent. I need to go watch it. And force myself to finish allegiant.
    A work in progress

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    1) This isn't super happy but I lost my regular contract job so I am in the process of setting something new up.  I will likely be going to the middle of nowhere Nebraska 2 weeks/mo so that should be interesting.
    2)  My H is out of town at a conference so I'm going to hang out with my sister.  I'm excited for this.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    Nothing, really. Same ol' life stuff I guess. I really wish my house would sell!

Yes! Our nephew's 4th birthday party. Can't get much more fun than that!

• Options
    1. DH is in construction (he's a journeyman electrican) and he's getting offers from another company for jobs while the job he's on is starting to wrap up.

This new company promised him a job and then gave it to someone with more experience, which really pissed him off. But they clearly do want him working for them because they keep calling and offering different projects to him.

So last night we had to decide if he should take a job in Seattle. Two weeks ago we were looking at Eastern Oregon. It's REALLY stressful to have these conversations all the time because there's a lot you have to research in order to make smart choices AND we only get a few hours to decide.

I love traveling and I want to keep trying new things and getting to know new parts of the PNW, but I lose sleep trying to figure out what is best for our family.

2. I booked myself a spa appointment this weekend. DH is installing a toilet in the RV. Haha, I win!
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Options
    We are finishing our back yard so that we will have grass this summer!

I'm taking the girls to the zoo on saturday morning and to a bbq on sat night with some friends.
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options
    1. We are in a pretty long struggle with immigration to get my hubs his final green card.  It is a lot of meeting and money and tons of frustration.
    2.We are going to D.C this weekend and I am so excited.  Hubs has never been before and he loves to take pictures so I think he will really enjoy it.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    1) I am a teacher, and I just found out that we don't have to give state assessments because the new system is jacked. Woo hoo!

2) Nope, just looking forward to a nice, quiet weekend. I love those.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I accepted a new teaching position for next year so we will be moving. We are trying to get pre approved to buy a house. No plans this weekend.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    1. I'm kinda dreading my Dirty Thirty this month. I feel like being 30 means I'm officially a real grown-up. And I guess being a mommy will drive that on home. But I DON"T WANNA GROW UP!

Considering moving closer to my parents for when baby is here. Can't decide if we should wait or move before. Insurance, changing doctors, packing & hauling. Or I might try to be happy where I am. Who knows?

2. I plan on sleeping this weekend. Sad, huh? I'm just so tired!
  • Options
    1. This is really sad but nothing else major right now in our little family. Now my family as a whole is a completely different story.

2. Cleaning out the garage. Fun fun :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1.  Hmm.. DH just started a new job and we keep looking at houses.  Not seriously but it's in the back of our mind.  We live in a pretty small 1-1/2 story house and could use another bedroom when the baby is born.  I work from home so our third bedroom is currently my office.  

2.  I have a retreat for 4th and 5th graders this weekend that I am leading. (I am a Children's Ministry Director at our church)  I started the planning process before I got pregnant.  As excited as I am I also know that I am going to be exhausted! I also hope that I can survive on camp food.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    1. Nothing really big happening in our lives. My friend is getting married in December and dealingw tih some wedding drama, including but not limited to her mom hating every dress she tried on but one (one the bride is not sure she is in love with). So she is fighting with her mom and stressing about choosing between a dress she loves and he mom hates or one her mom loves and she is not sure about. I am just trying to be there for her.

2. Napping, Tex-mex from one of my favorite places, and yard work (weather permitting).
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    1. Nothing major going on right now. Just enjoying my kids and trying to declutter/organize my house. I'm ready for warmer/drier weather because they love to be outside!

2. Friday night = my Gma-in-law is having an 81st birthday pizza party with the family. Should be fun! :) Saturday = my cousin's sex reveal party. She's due September, another cousin is due October, then I'm November. But that's baby related, so nevermind, haha!
  • Options
    1. We are building a house. We are not good at this whole decision thing. But we are getting there, and should be moving in around June!

2. SLEEP. And H said he would treat me to a pedicure :)
  • Options
    I work in financial reporting and it is quarter end. My life right now is work. To top it off, DH's aunt and uncle are coming to visit us this weekend. They want to see the our house - we moved I last fall and they every time they had a chance to visit a big winter storm came. So this weekend is work and entertaining guests.

• Options
    1. We are going to have to finish our house we are in now and buy a new house before this baby is out of our room. My DH will be in school when this baby comes so we need to do all that pretty much before the baby comes. All while pregnant with a toddler. Yay...

1a. One of my cousins died two days ago. I never met her but I feel terrible the rest of the family. She was murdered.

2. Not yet.
  • Options
    We're looking into colleges for my son! That's pretty fun and scary stuff.
    We just moved into a new place in February so I'm still decorating and I love doing that kind of stuff.

This weekend will be nothing special. I think some Indian food and work.

• Options
    1. DH and I are going to have to decide when/where to move. We live in a 4-plex right now, and it's sooooo cheap! It seems like buying a house around here is cheaper than renting so we'll have to see what works. 

2. I have five days off woohoo! I have no fun plans this weekend. It's wet/dreary outside which is my favorite weather. The bad thing is it makes me lazy, and I already lack energy to do much. We'll see how motivated I am to clean the house and get some new scrubs for work. Otherwise I'm just going to hang out w/ DH.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    1. I am taking the third of four registration exams for my profession on Monday, and will be taking the fourth in August. I am majorly crunching to pass these before baby comes!

2. My in-laws are coming to visit this weekend. On the plus side, we get to tell them in person about the baby, on the negative, I have to cook and entertain them and I really need to do some last minute studying. Hopefully H will keep them out of the house and I can be anti-social

image   image image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. Wellll we are going to Disney in May and a good friend just gave me a voucher for a weekend at the beach at the end of this month because something came up and she wouldn't be able to use it in time. So well go, maybe see the kite show on the beach and get a nice dinner at that. Other than that- not much- no new jobs and we couldn't sell our house and move even if we wanted- the market here is crap!

2. This weekend? Nothing DH will be doing something with his friends Friday night and at a work thing Saturday night. both DH and I have to work a half day Saturday so between all that, house cleaning, grocery shopping and church is shapes up to be a pretty boring weekend. Boo! I hate how busy our life is. I yearn for the life of people who leave work after a 9 hour work day and can go home and always have their weekends.
  • Options
    1.  I am trying DESPERATELY to put my Master's to good use and find an assistant principal or dean position for next school year.  However, this is my third pregnancy in three years and it is tough to get a new job when you will need maternity leave a few months after starting.  These people can't see through my chronic pregnancy to my bad assness.  Fools.

2.  Pshh.  Try and take a nap/
  • Options
    herlysgirlyherlysgirly member
    edited April 2014
    @maelara wow that's crazy!  I'm sorry for your family's and your loss! :(
  • Options
    @Maelara‌ so sorry friend hugs and love.

• Options
    1. Applying this month for my license as a Licensed Professiona Clinical Counselor after 8 years of school and clinical practice! Finally!

2. Welcoming niece/nephew #15 this weekend at my sisters c-section. No matter how many times I go to meet one of my siblings babies it NEVER gets old! I'm sure it will be more real this time around granted I'm pregnant!
  • Options
    1. My fiancee and I are getting married at the end of May, we just moved from an apartment into our first house.  My twin sister is also getting married in July.

2. This weekend we are getting together with friends who have offered to brew signature beers for our wedding.  Also getting together with other friends to figure out how to decorate the reception.  All wedding, all the time for the next two months, I can't wait until it's over! :-P
    mc April '14, September '14
    chemical pregnancy February '15

Rainbow baby EDD 12/19/15
  • Options
    1. We just (as in the last hour) bought a mini van. It has had the deposit on it for about a month. DH went and paid the rest off and picked it up (we found it on-line and it was 16 hrs away). They flew him out and he is driving it back after his drill weekend.

2. Relaxing at home. DH is out of town until Sunday. So, it is just the girls and me.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    tlc35 said:
    1) This isn't super happy but I lost my regular contract job so I am in the process of setting something new up.  I will likely be going to the middle of nowhere Nebraska 2 weeks/mo so that should be interesting.
    2)  My H is out of town at a conference so I'm going to hang out with my sister.  I'm excited for this.
    It's not all that bad out here. ;)  Hopefully winter will be over by the time you arrive...for your sake! Sorry about the job switch. That sucks.
  • Options
    Absolutely nothing too exciting going on here. I'm ok with that though, no news is good news. Love being a SAHM, but it can be boring sometimes lol. Laundry, dishes, picking up the toys....again. I've been working on my garden since the weather has been nicer. I love my garden, flowers, veggies : ) It's my therapy. I'll attach a picture of the most exciting thing to happen to me today.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1.  My kitty is very sick.  :(  Her kidneys are failing, and I'm giving her IV fluids at home (along with a bunch of other meds), so that's been pretty stressful and upsetting.  Trying to keep as calm and even keeled as possible given the pregnancy, but I'm a huge animal nut (work in animal welfare), and so needless to say it's been pretty miserable.  I've had her since she could fit in the palm of my hand, and she's eight now. 

2.  We're going to a bar mitzvah!  I haven't been to one in years, but I remember it being really special when I've gone to them in the past--the kids work so hard, and it's such a rite of passage for them.  I'm Catholic, so it's always really interesting learning about other religions and their traditions.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1) house hunting.

2) my cousin is visiting with my aunt.  she is 21 and dropped out of college when she got knocked up by a guy fresh out of prison (who's nowhere to be found now) and she is bringing the baby to meet everyone.  i don't want to have any part of it but i have to be the grown up.

... i'm still bitter because we had been trying for so many years and she is the one that had the first great-grandbaby.  i'm going to whine and pout about it but i'll put on my big girl panties and deal with it and be nice.  maybe.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers      Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @maelara I'm so sorry to hear about this!
    @lauren3717‌ sorry about your kitty :( I hope she's ok!

1. I've mentioned this before, but DH and I are trying to buy a house. It's older (1963) and has a number of structural issues, most of which the seller is addressing. However she is not addressing them all, and it's been stressful. I'm hoping it works out because I hate the apartment we live in right now, but DH is worried it will turn out to be a money pit. He's probably right but I kind of don't care.

2. Two birthday parties! A brewery crawl for my friend turning 31 (we'll see how fun that is for me as DD) and a first bday for my friend's son. Between that, finishing up my dissertation proposal.

• Options
    1.  Nothing, DH and I work, LO hangs at grandma and grandpa's all day and my SS is in college, 3 hours away.  We are your average boring family.  No plans to move for at least 4 years.

2.  We're going to the Cleveland Indians home opener tomorrow after our u/s.  Hopefully we don't get rained out.
     TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lauren3717‌ so sorry to hear about your kitty :(

Thank you ladies for the kind words for my family!
  • Options
    1) What's one big thing going on in your life right now other than being KU? We are going to be buying my grandma's house in the next few months and will therefore be selling our current home.

2) Any fun plans for this weekend? Just hanging out as a family!
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My big thing I guess would be this weekend too. I was asked to be a speaker during the ladies event at my church. Me. The speaker. At church. *blink* *blink* Riiiiight. 
    This should be good. I don't suppose they are prepared for me to swear during my presentation...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @PandaCon‌ - I used to work in children's ministries! I loved the winter retreat every year with the 4th and 5th graders. I'll be praying you can handle it all well :)

1) DH found out another teacher is taking his job for next year. He is already depressed because of a back injury/surgery he is recovering from. Sometimes it just feels like he can't catch a break :( he's an excellent teacher, and I believe he'll get a job for next year, but it's still stressful.

2) we are driving 13 hours (minimum) with DD to go visit my family over DH's spring break. I'm excited to tell them in person this time that they're getting another baby in the family, but super nervous because even with Zofran I've been puking. That's a long time in the car if I'm throwing up. Hoping it all goes well!
  • Options
    @maelara -- oh my...that's harsh no matter how close you were. T&P for you and the family. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"