January 2013 Moms
Options

Suggestions please!!! My 14mth old has a runny nose & cough!

sulsa78sulsa78 member
edited March 2014 in January 2013 Moms
This is the first time she's had a bad cold. Her nose is running like a faucet (we have the Nose Frida). What about a cough? Any suggestions to help for both symptoms?? I feel so bad for her. I have a head cold too so she obviously got it from me:(
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Suggestions please!!! My 14mth old has a runny nose & cough!

• Options
    A humidifier should help. If you don't have one, then steam up your bathroom and sit in there for her. I don't think you can do much else at this age. Just plenty of snuggles :-) hope she feels better soon!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I second the humidifier. We use one every time DS has a cough or congestion. We also let him have an extra long bath in a steamy bathroom (of course followed by lots of lotion for his dry skin).

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sliced onions next to the crib at night is supposed to help - it's something about the fumes, but could also be an old wives tale. We did it, but DD was already on the mend so it's hard to tell.

• Options
    Humidifier, saline spray, nose sucker.

We also use the herbal honey baby cough syrup. Zarbees. It helps a lot.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DS doesn't mind his nose being wiped as often if we use Boogie Wipes.  They have saline in them.  It might be a gimmick, but I don't care as long as he isn't fighting me as much.
    Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Options
    We're fighting this, too, but my hypochondriac DH is convinced it is bronchitis (I guarantee you it is NOT) so we'll be going to the pediatrician this afternoon.  I'll let you know if they say to do anything in addition to humidifier, saline, and constant-booger wiping.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First off, how did you get this far along with LO not getting a cold! We've had like two dozen and four ear infections. 

All we do is the humidifier, saline spray, battery operated nose sucker and we also use vick's rub for babies...on the feet and on his chest.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    I second the electric snot sucker--we have the Graco one, bought it at CVS. We were able to get so much more out with this than even the Nosefrieda. For us, worth the cost, because we don't have to fight him so much. Also, Boogie Wipes are gentle on their noses. DS only likes the grape ones!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We just got diagnosed with bronchitis--definitely get it checked! We are using an inhaler at home for Albutirol and it's really helping.

I also second the Boogy Wipes and nose suckers. And cuddles, too.
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    sulsa78sulsa78 member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you ladies! I appreciate all the info! An electronic snot sucker? I wish I would've known about that before buying the Nose Frida! I love the boogie wipes! I sometimes use them myself!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only mama pilfering Boogy Wipes...
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"