August 2014 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Confessional #3

We've discussed our pregnancy rule breakages (sneaking wine, munching on sushi, etc.), and our pregnancy cravings (there was a lot of 'macaroni and cheese' mentioned). Now I'd like to ask a new question: 

Who has annoyed you the most during this pregnancy, and why? 

To keep it fun, try to make your reply short and sweet, and please remember the Pregnancy Confessionals is a judgement-free zone. So if you hate a woman's reply, instead of responding here, try road raging, telling your MIL she's a tramp, or punting your breakfast across the kitchen as an outlet. 

I'll kick things off:

My mother is driving me bat shit crazy. She's going to steal my baby for sure. Since I was eight weeks along, she's "talked to that baby all day, every day" (even though we live five hours apart). There's no room in her head to worry about me, her actual daughter, because she's too busy plotting how to make my child her own. My mom is obsessed with babies, but once they grow into children--or God forbid, adults--she's out. Also, she's demanded she sees her baby (oh, sorry, MY baby) before my mother-in-law does (who lives in town). Dear Mom, you're sucking every drop of fun out of this. Thanks for being not awesome.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnancy Confessional #3

• Options
    My in-laws are the most annoying. MIL tells me every. single. time that my 'belly is getting big.' No shit.. I'm growing a baby in there! Yet I'm significantly smaller than my SIL (her daughter) during her pregnancies and never heard her say that to her at all. FIL is just annoying because he doesn't understand why we aren't finding out (when really we did but not telling anyone). He also like to tell us what 'his grandbaby needs.' Usually these are non-necessities.  Ok.. rant over. Hope that wasn't too long.

.. first date 04/23/06 ♥..

.. engaged 10/08/11♥..

..  married 06/29/13 ♥..

IAmPregnant Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fortunately no one has annoyed me through the whole pregnancy except the nurse that works for us & she annoys me for non-pregnancy related reasons.  She's horrible (not with patients, but as an employee) & would be fired, but my boss feels bad for her because her husband has been unemployed for over a year.

Pregnancy related--MIL annoyed me briefly when we announced the pregnancy & she stated "this is MY baby too".  My dad annoyed me when we announced & he was very unexcited, asked if it was what we wanted, then asked me if I knew anyone who would want to buy his boat.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    One of the grandparents at pick up from my DD's daycare.  Every time I get there when he is he makes some negative remark about deciding to have a third child.  I'm going to be running late a lot for the next 20 weeks.
  • Options
    Currently speaking, the women that are trying to be oh so encouraging by posting very detailed, grotesque explanations of labor and delivery on my wall...thanks, but that's the least of my worries right now considering we have a good chance at finding out if Madison has any abnormalities at our Wednesday appointment.
    Beyond this minor annoyance which is heightened by raging hormones lately, DH is probably on my nerves the most.  That's probably because he's directly in the line of fire, but I swear he's more sensitive than I am lately.

BFP: 12/2/13, EDD: 8/17/13

imageimage

Follow MacKenzie and Madison's Journey at randidooley.wordpress.com

• Options

Co-workers mostly! There are two women that I work with who have loudly asked me questions in the break room and that's how several others have found out I'm pregnant. I've not got to tell these people when I want because of these 2 ladies. One knew because she is the custodian and had to clean up a mess from me very early on in the pregnancy and I believe from her asking me questions in the break room the other lady also found out. They also love to stare at my belly. ON A DAILY BASIS! I'm like yes, its growing but it really hasn't changed from yesterday to today, please can you just look me in the eyes for once.

Also my mother can annoy me with over worrying (her frist grandchild) but she's not nearly as annoying as my co workers.

• Options
    Soon to be mother in law. Keeps asking me "your not drinking are you as if I was a vodka guzzling party goer before hand! An can't accept her youngest son needs to grow up that me and his baby are his priority not her!!
  • Options
    BF mom. Every time I see her, "how are you feeling, oh you look tired" uhm thanks glad to know I look like shit today. She's always done this. Filter lady! And my parents are splitting Friday (dad does not know ) varied reasons. Anyways she knows and every single time "how are your parents, does ur dad know yet" like Jesus lady this is hard for me and I don't want drilled about it every single day. Stop telling me you feel so bad for my dad or tht your praying for me. Just STAHHHHPPP and then anyone else who obsessively thinks they can tell me what I can and cannot do. Ex: lift things, paint, dye my hair, spray tan, take tylenol, lay in the sun, get my nails done, go to a bar.... get outta here people I know what is safe!!!
  • Options
    LadyAle said:
    Anyone who says or asks the following things "Wow - you're fat!" (thanks Dad), "Are you sure it's not twins?", "You got two growing in there?", "You're awful big for only XX weeks, are you sure of your due date?". 

And H, for a variety of reasons. I can't do everything I used to be able to do in a day. I'm growing a human, I get tired. Please help me out.

I've gotten these two as well (and yes, it was my dad that said this as well). The other day I was over and he said "You're getting fat!" as he pointed at my belly. He was just joking, but I told him "don't EVER say that to me again". He knew I was not happy. As for the other, I've gotten "You can't even tell your XX weeks, are you sure of your dates?" and I so badly want to say "Why yes, it took us a very long time to get pregnant, so I tracked my BBT. Would you like to know when I last ovulated?" but I dont. I just say "yes, we are sure".

My dad is probably being the most annoying. He asks me the same questions multiple times a day, touches my belly (suuuuuper uncomfortable) and is beyond reasonably excited to have a grandson. There are LOTS of girls in my family and it makes me very sad to think if this baby was a girl he would be so much less interested :(

Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options
    I haven't had anyone annoy me constantly but I have had several people annoy me on occasion

My SIL - basically told me I got pregnant in order to have our pre-planned family vacation postponed and that my parents are quick to reschedule everything for me but have no motivation to see their other grandchildren!! Yup this is exactly correct because I controlled everything and even how my parents act and do things!! 

and my MIL - she was on a 5 year retirement plan as of last year when we got married. She wanted to retire by 2018 well she found out we are expecting her first grandchild and now she is retiring in June .. like 3 months from now!!!! This was so she wouldn't miss the birth!! Seriously?? I can only imagine more annoyance will come out of this once baby is here! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Probably my MIL the most, which is no different than pre-pregnancy. She's a martyring alcoholic princess. My H & I are pretty sure she's actually bummed out because FIL is ecstatic for grand kids, which will take a smidge of attention from her.
    Won't list the things she's said/did. It's too much and I get very angry, then very sad and cry.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My MIL.  One example: my SIL moved her family vacation from Aug to July so she and her family could come visit right before her kids go back to school.

She lives on the west coast, and we dont see her often, so we are excited for the opportunity.  And she okay'd it with us, to come when LO is a couple weeks old.

She didn't have to pay extra to move her vacation, and she is the one who decided to do so.  Yet MIL is making it sound like we forced her to do it, and SIL somehow got screwed in the deal.

Baby Girl born 7/9/2014 at 34.5wks

• Options
    Oh man. You guys have had some really crazy people interactions lately! Thankfully most people in my life have been pretty manageable as of late, including my in laws (amazing!). 

The "most annoying during pregnancy" award in my life goes to my cat. She's been extra clingy, which is annoying but harmless, but the bigger issue is that she's been peeing on stuff pretty regularly. Cat pee is so disgusting! Part of the problem may be that DH has been cleaning the litter box, which he hates and does not do as regularly as he should. I don't know why he doesn't do it more often- she usually targets his dirty laundry left on the floor so you'd think that would be motivation for him to either a) pick up the laundry or b) clean the litter box more often (or both). But anyway. We just added a second litter box to the situation (a self cleaning one!) and so far no accidents. Fingers crossed that this is a good solution! She's almost 15, so I am concerned that she's going a little senile. I'm worried about how she will handle the baby... oh well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. 

first pregnancy
    due August 20, 2014
    (my blog about bikes, growing things, home remodeling 
    and other random life stuff)

• Options
    It depends on the day :p

Mostly, the whole name conversation has been driving me nuts. My family knows that we are not sharing the name (when we choose one) but every time I see any one of them, they ask "How about if you just give us a few you're thinking of?" NO! Not happening. Stop.asking.me. for the love of God!

Also, really annoying when people make comments on what/how much/how often I am eating. I indulge in about 2 or 3 coffee's a week. That's it. (Huge accomplishment for me!) The other day I was at my sister's, and put 2 splenda in my coffee. My entire family freaked out and told me how not only is splenda bad for me but its horrible for my baby! Seriously?! I know it's probably not the best but I don't think 2 splenda is going to harm my baby, and I'm not a moron either. I know what I can and can't eat and I would never do anything that is going to hurt my baby! Ugh. I try to tell myself they are all well intentioned but it can be a bit much sometimes!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 
  • Options

My MIL. She is overbearing and has a huge mouth. We kept our pregnancy a secret from Hubby's family until 16 weeks because we just want to continue life as usual, not have everyone around us being preggo obsessed all the time, I do have other things going on in my life besides being preggo.

We just announced on Facebook on Friday, and since she is restricted and cant see 99% of what I post on Facebook (we don't need to have a social media relationship IMO), she is mad that she couldn't see our pregnancy announcement, and is now stalking my friends and family trying to figure out why she is the only one who cant see what's going on.

Maybe I am a freak, but we really just want to be left alone to enjoy this pregnancy on our own and without the whole world talking about it/us. I am not into having all the family involved, it is something special for our little growing family.

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Gapin1ajGapin1aj member
    edited March 2014
    Lately it's beent he motherly co-worker.  We are freinds, but I eat healthy most of the time and it's never good enough anytime I eat anything not healthy she comments.  Honestly, if I say that I had pasta she makes a comment about it not being whole wheat pasta, or if I snag a peice of beef jerky from my husband I think that I"m going to collapse and have a sodium induced seizure on her ofice floor 3 days after the horrible beef jerky was digested. I haven't gained that much (although I"m huge and baffled at this) and definately eat healthier now than I did before I was pregnant.  I still feel guilty.
  • Options
    My h's entire family. They are so thrilled that we are having a girl because she will be the "first" girl. WTF does that make dd?!?!?! One of his aunts even had the gall to say how nice it was that this is a girl because now we have one of each! We already had one of each! As excited as I am to be having another girl, I'm going to go postal on his family if they don't knock the flock off!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    kaitm22 said:

My MIL. She is overbearing and has a huge mouth. We kept our pregnancy a secret from Hubby's family until 16 weeks because we just want to continue life as usual, not have everyone around us being preggo obsessed all the time, I do have other things going on in my life besides being preggo.

We just announced on Facebook on Friday, and since she is restricted and cant see 99% of what I post on Facebook (we don't need to have a social media relationship IMO), she is mad that she couldn't see our pregnancy announcement, and is now stalking my friends and family trying to figure out why she is the only one who cant see what's going on.

Maybe I am a freak, but we really just want to be left alone to enjoy this pregnancy on our own and without the whole world talking about it/us. I am not into having all the family involved, it is something special for our little growing family.

OMG! Can we be best friends? This is EXACTLY how I feel about pregnancy!! I wish I could somehow hide the bump until baby was here so it could be just between me and the husband. It feels like this community event when in fact, it is not. At least not to me. And yeah, I want to be treated the same as before. I want my normal life complete with friends, career, etc. and not have every question out of every person's mouth be about my pregnancy. Give a girl fifty feet! 
  • Options
    Jentech84 said:
    Probably my MIL the most, which is no different than pre-pregnancy. She's a martyring alcoholic princess. My H & I are pretty sure she's actually bummed out because FIL is ecstatic for grand kids, which will take a smidge of attention from her. Won't list the things she's said/did. It's too much and I get very angry, then very sad and cry.

OMG I want to hear this so bad! 
  • Options
    I haven't had someone annoy me a lot but if I had to list I would say MIL or H. MIL only because she VERY pushy. After our 12 week appointment she wanted to know what we were having, I had to explain to her that we wouldn't know for at least 5 or 6 more weeks. After a check up for 15 weeks, same thing. She then thought we knew but were hiding it from her. Plus, she really pushed us into announcing because "she couldn't hold it in anymore". She tried to also push for us to do an elective u/s to see what the sex was.

H is mostly for his comments. If I say i'm hurting he has a come back like "oh poor thing". Or as I stated in WTF Monday, comments about my looks. It's really getting old.

• Options
    Mainly the most annoying thing has been this pregnancy. I say this with all the afection in the world, I need it to be August already. I was sicker than I have ever been and I have been so moody. I need to be done.

Mom  to S-07/22/10 & Q-12/14/11 L-8/23/14

• Options
    jenniferursjenniferurs member
    edited April 2014
    Ooohh, where's this rule breaking thread you speak of?

edit: Nevermind! Found it! Thank God too, because I was starting to feel guilty over here. Although now I found out more things I shouldn't be eating that I have been. (Hot dogs? Chicken salad? Bacon/sausage?)
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options
    Everyone.  We are selling two houses, mine and my moms, and combing into one house with an in-law suite.  Talk about stressful enough with out being pregnant.  So DH and mom are at the top.  Brother is next because he is completely useless.  And last would be the contractors that are working on the house. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    Pretty much everyone. I've been practicing "resting bitch face". A lot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"