May 2014 Moms
Options

**Monday Ticker Change**

Good Morning, Ladies! Happy Monday!

Week/Fruit:

How are you feeling?

Appointments/Updates?

Rants/Raves:

GTKY: Are any of you still exercising? If so, what are you up to? Does it make you feel better?
Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: **Monday Ticker Change**

• Options
    Week/Fruit: 33--durian fruit (DH looked it up, I had no idea what one was!)

How are you feeling? okay, just big--DH said he thought he "caught a waddle" yesterday

Appointments/Updates? Last week at my appointment the doctor started talking about how at my next appointment they would try and determine baby's position and talk about my "options" if she is still breech. I'm pretty positive she is, based on the movement I'm feeling. It looks likes my options are a C-section or an external version, both scary. Eeek.

Rants/Raves: Rave: I had a prenatal massage Saturday and it was glorious. I loved the table with the belly hole! Rant: The massage made my back ache later in the day. The therapist said it probably would, since I had a lot of tight muscles that she worked out. A hot bath helped though.

GTKY: Are any of you still exercising? If so, what are you up to? Does it make you feel better? I am exercising sporadically--just mainly walking, though. I try to get a couple miles on the treadmill at lunchtime a couple times a week. Yesterday DH and I took the dog on a 2 hour hike--it was probably my limit--I napped afterward! I usually feel better after exercising, but sometimes it makes me so hungry that I tend to overeat.
    Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    So tired of being pregnant...bring on the baby, already!

Week/Fruit: week 35/Coconut

How are you feeling? done. just done. i've been mentally ready for about a month now, and now that the showers are over and the nursery is finished I'm logistically ready.

Appointments/Updates? Centering group tonight, and weekly appointments begin next week.

Rants/Raves: Rant: my feet have widened, and my ankles are swollen no matter how often or long I elevate. Rave: my SIL and MIL threw the most beautiful shower with a rustic forest theme (to match Peanut's "Friendly Forest" nursery). Seriously - it was a Pinterest dream! We had "toadstool" cupcakes displayed on a multi-tiered log thingy and a trail-mix bar. I keep looking at the photos, so I don't forget a single detail.

GTKY: Are any of you still exercising? If so, what are you up to? Does it make you feel better? I have pre-natal swim class on Tuesdays, pre-natal pilates on Fridays, and DH gets me out on the weekend to walk the dogs around the farm since I can't do our usual 4 mile walk at the park. Being in the pool is the only time my body feels like my own, so I'm thinking I'll do the pre-natal swim class 2x a week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Week/Fruit:
    35 weeks/ coconut

How are you feeling?
    I feel like garbage! This pregnancy needs to hurry up and end. I am swollen head to toe, heartburn is beyond evil and sitting at a desk for 40+ hrs a week is now for the birds! Bring on baby girl!!!

Appointments/Updates?
    I have an apt next week and then weekly apts here on out.

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: swollen and miserable. Rave: I have the best husband in the world. In comparison to our last pregnancy with DS he has been so helpful and caring that I literally love him more everyday.

GTKY: Are any of you still exercising? If so, what are you up to? Does it make you feel better?
    Does chasing a 2.5 yr old count as exercise because my little man wears me out on a daily basis! I normally feel worse after physical activity. But Brayden's I love you's and okay mom's? make it worth it!! He will be the best brother!!
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 34, butternut squash. I'm getting pretty excited ...

How are you feeling? Pretty good! Still plugging along, good days, bad days.

Appointments/Updates? Everything seems normal, but baby has dropped. I can breath again! And last week the doctor confirmed he's head down and in position already. Based on mow my bladder and pelvis feels now, if he gets any lower he's going to pop out! But it's a bit too early for that ...

Rants/Raves: Bathroom reno is almost done! All the tile is done, just a few finishing touches this week and I think I might have my house back (and cleaned up) next weekend. We're waiting on one more part for our vanity to be shipped, but I'm hoping that comes quickly. If not, everything BUT the sink will be done - I can live like that for an extra week.

I'm still going to yoga, they are not prenatal, I'm just going to one of the classes I've always gone too. I had to drop from 2 classes per week to just the one on Sunday (my Monday night class didn't end until 9:30 ... way to late at night for this pregnant lady!). My goal is to keep going up until 38 weeks.
    Also, since the weather is getting better and better we're back up to our normal dog walking schedule, so it's nice to get out and be active everyday now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    Good Morning, Ladies! Happy Monday!

Week/Fruit: 35/35! Coconut (Is it summer yet?!)

How are you feeling? I'm feeling pretty good overall. Still dealing with mild heartburn daily, crotch pain on and off, but I can't complain too much. My hemorrhoid went away! Lol

Appointments/Updates? I have an appointment on Thursday, and my every week appointments start next week! I also have an appointment this week for a prenatal massage. Finally! :)

Rants/Raves: I'm on spring break! I only have four weeks of work left until maternity leave and (possibly) baby!

I haven't been exercising at ALL this pregnancy. I know I should have been, but I haven't gained near as much weight so far as I did with DS1, when I did exercise. The body is so weird and complex! I am definitely looking forward to getting back in shape though! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Week/Fruit: week 32 How are you feeling? Tired, big, hungry. Appointments/Updates? 32 week appt tomorrow. Rants/Raves: Rant: not sleeping great. Rave:lots of snuggles with my almost 3 year old this weekend. GTKY: Are any of you still exercising? If so, what are you up to? Does it make you feel better? Still walking and doing elliptical 3-4 times a week. It mostly just makes me want to nap.
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 35/Coconut

How are you feeling? Extra big. I feel like it's grown noticeably within the past week. Also it's definitely getting a bit uncomfortable now that baby is growing and has less room to move around.

Appointments/Updates? 36 week u/s is next week!

Rants/Raves: Raves, had a surprise shower at work on Friday and my official one on Sunday. Gifts were nice, but I think I was more excited about the food! Rants, as stated above starting to get more uncomfortable and more cervix kicks!

GTKY: Are any of you still exercising? If so, what are you up to? Does it make you feel better? Still exercising, mostly running and elliptical. It's a struggle each time, but I feel a lot better after it's over. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: week 35/Coconut

How are you feeling? Tired, huge, and uncomfortable. 

Appointments/Updates? Weekly appointments start next week. Finished all of our childbirth classes. We have a breastfeeding class next week.

Rants/Raves: Rant: I'm sleeping like shit. I'm getting awful carpal tunnel, and my hands randomly go numb while I'm sleeping, and I wake up to clenched t-rex hands. 

GTKY: Are any of you still exercising? If so, what are you up to? Does it make you feel better? I'm not exercising besides the occasional walk (3-4x per week) around my neighborhood and daily housework. I don't know how people continue to exercise throughout pregnancy. Exercise makes my back pain a little better, but causes me to get crampy. I can't be active for too long without having to stop and rest. 

BFP #1 7.16.13 | EDD 3.27.14  | MC 7.29.13
    BFP #2 8.28.13 | EDD 5.5.14 | Simon Francis, Due Date Baby!

• Options
    lv2011lv2011 member
    edited March 2014
    Week/Fruit: 32 weeks/ another different squash

How are you feeling? Very tired and achy.

Appointments/Updates? Bi-weekly next Monday.

Rants/Raves: Raves: It's supposed to get into the mid 60's today!! Finally!!! Rant: my DD is gone for the week at her dad's for spring break :( I miss her already.

I live three floors up in an apartment building with no elevator- the stairs are my exercise now. Sometimes I try to do yoga stretches, but I just don't have the energy most of the time.
    BabyName Tickerimage  BabyFruit Ticker  
    DD born 2/3/03
    BFP 3/21/13 w/ EDD 12/02/13, C/P 3/29/13.
    BFP 9/18/13 w/ EDD 5/26/14,
    Beta #1 @ 14-16dpo = 375, progesterone 33.6
    Beta #2 @ 20-22 dpo = 8,782!
    Beta #3 @ 27-29dpo = 44,230, dx subchorionic hemorrhage/ threatened mc
    Beta #4 @ 29-31dpo = 72, 080 :)
    Grow, little one, grow!

***** All  AL  Welcome *****

• Options
    Week/Fruit: 35 weeks and baby is the size of a coconut, went from squash to coconut!

How are you feeling? Other than the immense pressure I feel on my right side at the top of my uterus I'm good.  Though the pelvic soreness comes and goes.  Makes me want to walk bow legged.

Appointments/Updates? I have a 35 week appt with the MW this Thursday and even got to schedule 36, 37, 38, 39  and 40 week appts ahead of time.  The perks of having family that works at the birth center.  I was told 36 week appt is when we talk about what to do when I go into labor and who to call.  I'm hoping the Coconut is head down, I feel like he is based on the pressure I feel on my cervix. 

Rants/Raves: Raves for me I am 90% done with the nursery and I love how it has turned out.  Also people now a days that I encounter are complimenting on how awesome I look and happy for me.  Before 34 weeks no one mentioned or looked at my pregnant belly. 

Rants for now, the stretch marks have made their presence known!  Trying to combat it by at least moisturizing and lightening them up.  They look like angry red marks. 

GTKY: Are any of you still exercising? If so, what are you up to? Does it make you feel better?  I used to do prenatal yoga, I really would like to at least do a few more before due date.  Mostly exercise for me is walks with the dogs, house work and the occasional bike ride with my husband.  I felt like a champ when I peddled past another bicyclist on a slight incline.  You got passed by an 8 month pregnant lady!  At first I'm sore and a little tired at the end but after that I feel great and accomplished. 
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 35/coconut

How are you feeling?: 98% sure baby has dropped ... so I can finally breathe again, but now I have to pee even more frequently! Also, getting tired a lot more easily.

Appointments/Updates?: 36-week is next week, then we start weeklies!

Rants/Raves: Rant: I'm getting really stressed about not getting done everything I want to before LO arrives. I had pretty much planned on deep-cleaning my whole house, but now 20 minutes of housework makes me feel like I need to sit down. Rave: We got all of the decorations up in the nursery, and my closet organizer and small cube organizer should be here by mid-week, so I'm hopeful that we can be completely done by this weekend!

GTKY: Are any of you still exercising? If so, what are you up to? Does it make you feel better?: Lolz. To be honest, I didn't exercise much before, but at this point it's just day-to-day activities. This whole pregnancy I've tried to do as much myself as I can and keep active. DH knows that I know my limits and won't push myself too far, so he doesn't automatically do things for me, but he jumps in as soon as I ask. So I guess no to exercising but yes to staying active?

image     image    
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 33 weeks, not sure what the fruit is, haven't checked yet.

How are you feeling? so fucking tired.

Appointments/Updates? this week I get the but swab.

Rants/Raves: If I am already this tired at 33 weeks I am not sure how I am going to make it to 39-42.

GTKY: Are any of you still exercising? If so, what are you up to? Does it make you feel better? I was trying to walk daily. But when I do, I feel worse and even more tired after.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 32/another indeterminate squash

How are you feeling? OK I guess. Caught a wicked cold so I sound like a 90 year old smoker. Well, if smokers lived to be 90.

Appointments/Updates? Lots of news this week. On Thursday I had 3 appointments: 32 week, ultrasound, and diabetes appointment. The good: I'm measuring right on track, my blood pressure is nice & low, and my placenta is now a little over 5 cm from my cervix! We also kind of got to see Henry on the u/s. He was lying transverse and face down, which is an odd choice but hey, whatever floats your boat little man. I'd be lounging on that placenta like a boss. Now the bad news: my blood sugar numbers are not being very well controlled with diet. I have been measuring and journaling all food, and they were very happy with my diet. But that means there isn't much more that can be done aside from medication. They gave me one more week but I have at least 2 bad numbers a day so at this point I'm just ready for the meds. I'm already trying so hard & getting frustrated, and I feel like I'm running out of time here.

Rants/Raves: :) : My shower was this weekend! So gorgeous. :( : After my weekend guests left yesterday, I just felt really sad. I still feel sad this morning. I usually don't feel so let down after big events! I feel like there's nothing left to do but arrange baby things & wait. I even practiced swaddling a Care Bear yesterday. I think the hubs & I are going to plan one last weekend getaway.

GTKY: Are any of you still exercising? If so, what are you up to? Does it make you feel better? Not really, the only exercising I do is walks after lunch so I can have my allotted servings of dairy & fruit without making my glucose sky high.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    theoryofwhattheoryofwhat member
    edited April 2014
    Week/Fruit: 
    35 weeks/Coconut 

How are you feeling? 
    Like a blimp. 

Appointments/Updates? 
    Tomorrow with regular OB. I get my super awesome strep b test...ugh. :( 

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: I just got a super awesome and sexy stretch marks around my navel piercing. I'm not pleased. It looks like I got one of these tattoos:
    So, yeah, I guess I don't need to go to a tattoo parlor now. 

The only exercise I seem to get nowadays seems to be shoveling food into my mouth. Kudos to those who are still exercising regularly, though.

ETA: Rant. 
  • Options

Week/Fruit: I'm a coconut too (35 weeks)

How are you feeling? meh. like a cow.

Appointments/Updates? I go weekly now, so i have an appt tomorrow, then a ultrasound on Wednesday which i'm excited about. I love seeing Liam.

Rants/Raves: Rant: I'm done with this shit.

Raves: None.

Nope.

BabyFetus Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker

• Options
    Week/Fruit: 35/coconut

How are you feeling? Overall, pretty good. My back is sore, and I have a very annoying numb spot on my stomach. My hips also hurt after sleeping. It doesn't seem to matter what position I try, they still hurt in the morning.

Appointments/Updates? At my 34 I was measuring right on track. Next one on the 8th.

Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: My shower was on Saturday, It was a lot of fun. Hubby had a bbq, while I was gone, and he cleaned everything up afterwards! Also, I start maternity leave in 1 month!
    Rave: I'm not sleeping very well. 

GTKY: Are any of you still exercising? If so, what are you up to? Does it make you feel better? I haven't really exercised, besides going on random walks. I'm on my feet teaching most of the day, and I'm usually exhausted by the time I get home. I am still doing all the housework. That has to count for something right?

• Options
    Week/Fruit:  34/more different squash

How are you feeling?  unbearably smelly.  Also large, and like I pulled a muscle in my groinal area that just won't feel better.  Pregnancy=totally sexy.  For reals.

Appointments/Updates?  I had a pretty good appointment last Friday.  One of my questions, the midwife was like "that's actually an excellent question for our practice" before going on to answer it.  I feel like I win when I get an unusual response to a question, so that was pretty cool.

Rants/Raves:  What did I even eat to make this smell happen?  I thought it was all normal food today, so I don't even know what to avoid.  grr.

GTKY: Are any of you still exercising? If so, what are you up to? Does it make you feel better?  I walk a little now that it's not crazy amounts of freezing, although allegedly April Fools is going to involve another pile of snow.  Joy.  It makes me feel like I've done something monumental even though it's just walking around, so that's cool.  It also at the exact same time makes me feel like a weenie, maybe just to balance out.
  • Options
    JAM85JAM85 member
    Week/Fruit: 33/durian

How are you feeling? ok definitely a but more nap tired during the day and usually end up passing out for a bit if I have the time. Also basically all positions are uncomfortable now-
    She is still breech but has at least moved her feet around however her head is crammed into my stomach and braline making it hard to do basically anything.

Appointments/Updates? Just saw the MFM today- other than being stubborn she is doing perfect and I have twice weekly BPP and monitoring from here on out! I am hoping my on will grant my request for a chiro referral as the Webster technique is supposed to help my hip pain and the breech baby issue.

Rants/Raves: just really want her to turn....I do NOT want a csection and I don't think any docs in my practice does breech vaginal births.

GTKY: Are any of you still exercising? If so, what are you up to? Does it make you feel better? Yes i swim for 30 min 2-3x a week and do prenatal yoga usually a few poses every day and 30 min 2x a week. It does
    Make me feel better especially since it is outside and it's sunny and warmer finally! I was out for almost a month due to a groin pull/spd and horrible cold so good to be moving again even if no weights are involved.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    theoryofwhattheoryofwhat member
    edited April 2014
    lv2011 said:
    I live three floors up in an apartment building with no elevator- the stairs are my exercise now. Sometimes I try to do yoga stretches, but I just don't have the energy most of the time.
    I'm three floors up, too. We have an elevator but it only works half the time. I feel your pain.

Edited: because spelling
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"