Stay at Home Moms
Options

s/o germs: gross playground ?

another warning that this is pretty gross, and random, but why the hell not ask: the grocery cart discussion reminds me of a day at the playground a while back & i'm curious what you guys think you would do.  we arrived at the playground w/ friends & no one else was there. DS's friend got to the top of the toddler playground, right above a rock-climbing wall type thing & found a huge pile of vomit. the mom i was with took a little paper cup she was holding & scraped most of the puke off onto the ground. then she told her kid "just don't stick your hand in it." (because obviously the spot was still, ahem, wet.) she was perfectly fine with him stepping in it, then walking all over the play structure, down the slides, etc. i was so f'ing disgusted, DH was too. we took DS over to the swings for a couple of minutes then said we had to get going.  it also boggles my mind b/c this chick claims to be such a clean freak & talks about how much she loves bleaching stuff. then she goes & does gross stuff like this (and she's a pretty dirty person in general from what i've seen her post on FB.)

what say you, SAHMs? would you be grossed out by this? or would you say "meh, i don't worry about my kid rolling in vomit?"

Re: s/o germs: gross playground ?

• Options
    F NO! Totally grossed out. She was okay with him stepping in it & tracking it everywhere? Nasty! What about the car ride home?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would have bee grossed out, sure, but not nearly as much as you. We definitely would have stayed and played... I just wouldn't have let DD walk through the puke and when the other mom did, I would have sort of lightheartedly hinted that it was gross. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I wouldn't have scraped it up and I would've told DS to stick to the other things to play on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would have just directed DS to a different part if the playground. But the things your friend did are pretty disgusting. Scraping it on the ground doesn't make it go away now you are just spreading it around. Sick.
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Options
    THat is AWFUL! I would be super, super grossed out.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That's fucking gross. 
  • Options
    So gross.  
    April 2009
  • Options
    The scraping of said vomit makes me ill.
    Oh my gosh me too. Ewwwww

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Nasty! This whole post made me gag a little. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I probably would've vommited. Then left.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • Options
    I am super anti-vomit.

Did no one have a bottle of water with them?!  With my kids, I ALWAYS had water with me and would have tried to clean it off with water...  is that an option?

There is no f-ing way I would ever get close to touching anyone's puke, let alone a stranger's cold random vomit.

Oh hell no!
  • Options
    Everything about this post makes me want to vomit.  So, so, so gross.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"