May 2014 Moms

Pre-e ladies, please come in...

What was your BP when you were diagnosed?

Thursday I started having swelling in my feet and ankles. On Friday, I had the school nurse check my BP. It was 147/94. I called the nurse and was told to keep an eye on it and lay with my feet elevated as much as possible through the weekend.

Yesterday evening at home it was back to normal. This morning it was slightly elevated 137/89.

I will, of course, do whatever my OB tells me to do.

I'm just wondering if it may be time to start my leave (I'm not ready) or if I may be headed down the pre-e road.

I didn't have any complications with my first pg.

Thank you for reading my kinda long post.

Re: Pre-e ladies, please come in...

• Mine was 140 over something with DS

Like Pp said though, that isnt the only indicator. I also had protein in my urine and had gained about four pds in a week. They confirmed it by à blood test checking my liver.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• With my first, I had elevated bp for like 6-8 weeks before being diagnosed. But they screwed up.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't remember the exact BP (since this was with my last pregnancy), but my systolic was in the 150's and my diastolic was in the 90's. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Good resource: www.preeclampisa.org
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • My BP was 189/127 & my labs were a mess (this was with my first pregnancy). I had my baby an hour later. Mine was late onset with rapid progression though, so not everyone will follow that path.
  • 150/110 got me admitted with DS. Pre-e was diagnosed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• My bp this time and last time was 135/90.... Not overly high but between my swelling and the amount of protein in my urine and other symptoms, I was diagnosed. Like other pp have said they aren't necessarily looking at your bp when diagnosing you with pre-e. A lot of women have high bp when pregnant but no other signs of pre-e so they aren't diagnosed with pre-e but just high bp.
  • Thanks ladies. Hoping it's just elevated BP. I have a tough class this year. It may be time to hang up the dry erase markers. :)
  • I had high BP with my DS but it never progressed to pre-e. So just because your BP is high doesn't mean you will end up with pre-e. However I still got put on bed rest and had a ton of extra monitoring because of it. 
    image    image

• My first preg I was elevated the whole time w no protein in urineabd swelling. This time normal bp w protein no swelling. Depends what your dr is looking for.
  • cnbean said:

I had high BP with my DS but it never progressed to pre-e. So just because your BP is high doesn't mean you will end up with pre-e. However I still got put on bed rest and had a ton of extra monitoring because of it. 

This. I got out on bed rest about 3 weeks ago due to two readings around 142/95. My labs at that time (24 hr urine, PIH blood panel)came back within range and did not support a pre e diagnosis. I was fine without meds for 2 weeks then had a huge spike and bp went to 160/110. I got put on meds. But still no pre e dx. Next day I was back in the hospital due to low baby weight/IUGR. I still don't carry the pre e diagnosis but they are telling me it's only a matter of time before I develop it and managing the symptoms/monitoring the baby on hospital bed rest might help buy us some time.

imageimage

• My BP this morning is 142/93 and that's right after I woke up. I'm already on anti-anxiety meds.

Need to decide if I'm going to work tomorrow and calling the doc or staying home and calling the doc.

I wish they had told me on Friday what to do about Monday after I "rested" all weekend.
  • My BP this morning is 142/93 and that's right after I woke up. I'm already on anti-anxiety meds.

Need to decide if I'm going to work tomorrow and calling the doc or staying home and calling the doc.

I wish they had told me on Friday what to do about Monday after I "rested" all weekend.

I'm in the same boat...suppose to rest all weekend, do 24 hour urine collection, and have dr appt at 930 on Monday .... Not sure how everything will go.... Too early to think about this I feel like.... I'm only 34 weeks
  • With my first preg (I was 19...10 years ago) I had preeclampsia high bp and protein levels and was admitted at 33 weeks put on bedrest for 10 days.. was also leaking amnio fluid because there wasn't as much as there should. Had emergency c-section at 34 weeks. He weighed only 3lb 12.7oz. For a few months I had high bp and they labeled me gestational hypertension. Then I fell down my basement steps about a month ago and my bp was good. I was spilling some protein but not a bunch. Then this Thursday my bp was 138/? (I can't remember the bottom) they told me to come back friday. Went back friday it was 150/90...didn't come down after 15 min so I had to go over to l&d to wait for it to come down. This was about 4:30ish... was at l&d til about 9:30ish. It came down to 138/?. They gave me the steroid shots in my butt friday and sat night. Today at the dr she told me I spilled a lot of protein and I have preeclampsia and that I will deliver at 37 weeks one way or another...this kid is an acrobat right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"