February 2013 Moms
Options

daycare NIGHTMARE :(

My DS has been going to this daycare since he was 3 months old. He is sooo attached to his provider, as she is just as attached to him.  Monthly price is just right for me, and the location is perfect.  I just found out this morning due to her health, she will be shutting down daycare ;( She has been providing daycare service for over 20 years, and she loves what she does.  But her health wont allow her to work much longer.  She will stay open until the end of May for us parents to find another daycare, but I just feel horrible taking my son there for the next 2 months knowing she isnt physically able to take care of the kids as she used to be.  Im also freaking out because i work full time, i dont know what im going to do if i cant find a daycare in my price range... :(:(:(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: daycare NIGHTMARE :(

• Options
    Oh no! I'm so sorry!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    ugh that is so tough. i actually contemplated looking for a nanny but DS is so happy in his new room i dread making a change on him. you still have 2 mos to find something . in homes tend to be less expensive so see if you can go that route before looking at a bigger center. also not sure how you would feel about a live in but au pairs are very reasonable as well (for me, it would be cheaper than day care).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry :(  That is rough. I hope you can find another provider you can trust soon!

• Options
    Ask her for a recommendation! Most of the in-home daycare providers around me have a circle of others that they talk with. Might be a good starting point of others that have similar personalities, structure, curriculum, etc.

GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"