Health & Exercise
Options

Adult ADD

Wasn't sure if I should post is here, but it is health related. I'm going to see a new primary tomorrow and I have a lot of questions about adult ADD. I have struggled with my inability to remain focused for as long as I can remember. How I graduated from high school is a miracle. I got through trade school because I was interested in the subject matter, but I can't imagine making it through a 4 year degree. I have job hopped liked crazy throughout my adult life. It's exhausting :( I've definitely settled down career wise which is nice...but I still have a lot of issues with focus and I'm over it. Finishing a simple task becomes a huge project, I can't seem to keep up. I don't feel depressed and I've altered my diet which has given me more energy but its not helping with my distractibility. Does anyone have experience with this? I feel so awkward bringing it up with the doctor. I don't know where to start or what to say.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Adult ADD

• Options
    criscbish said:
    I have read that elimination of wheat can help with attention and focus, getting rid of brain fog. Read Wheat Belly by Dr. Davis.

It's funny that you mention that, I'm also being tested for celiacs! I have cut it from my diet and am hoping for a change.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have similar issues with focus. Some days I'm not even sure how I get through the day. When I asked my doctor about it he said it sounded likely that I have ADD, because of my symptoms and family history. But I was not interested in medication so there was really no point in going through the process to get an official diagnosis. I found a website for adults with ADD and learned a lot of good pointers on how to deal with it. I have become the queen of checklists. I've gotten much better at work, but still struggle a lot at home. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"