Breastfeeding
Options

why why? my body is refusing the pump again!

I was EBF for 6 months then I went back to work and took some weeks for my body to get used to the pump... I wasn't pumping a lot but enough for day to day bottles. I went on vacation for 10 days so LO was EBF again and my supply even went up (I felt engorged again and the pressure increased like in those first weeks because LO was nursing so much)... however today I came back to work and I have pumped only 8 oz in 2 pumping sessions, before I would pump like 12 or so...

Did this happen to you? Will it just adjust again soon, or will it take again some weeks?! 

I HATE PUMPING!! It's the most frustrating thing! -vent over
Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
*Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

Re: why why? my body is refusing the pump again!

• Options
    Hopefully that's the case, anyway I will add a pumping session tomorrow and see how it goes... I just hate pumping :'( 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Options

I just had a breakdown too.  my daughter is 5 months and the past two weeks I have been pumping at work have been great.  late last week and today it is hard to get the letdown.  I just walk away and when I feel calm enough I go back.  I pump between 6-9 ounces TOTAL the three times I pump at work.  I pumped until my son was 1 so I keep telling myself I can do it.  and I struggled with the pump big time.  its learning to stay really calm and I noticed if I am cold I cant pump so I run the heater when I pump and that helps.

you can do it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Things that may help: 

-Stand against a door jam and rub your back up and down a few times before pumping
    -Try rescue remedy right before pumping
    -Drink a hot cup of tea while pumping
    -look at photos of your baby, recordings or something that smells like baby

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I keep photos and videos of LO on my phone and flip through them while pumping. That really helps get the milk going for me. Other times I'll actually be working (if I've got a deadline) and surprisingly being distracted with work gets me more milk because I'm not focusing on what my boobs are doing. Maybe try surfing the web (or bumping) :) on your phone, playing a game, or just doing anything to relax and take your mind off pumping. It might be because you are thinking about how much you hate it that you're putting out less.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"