C-sections

C-section recovery

I'm having a c-section and am looking for suggestions on what to use to help get my stomach and muscles somewhat back to where it was. The first time I had a section I did not lose or change much! :-( I'm trying to figure out my options!

What brand has good results? Also how soon did you put it on? I'm looking for something that will be comfortable under clothes and not noticeable. I'm going to nurse, not sure if this makes a difference in wearing a belly band. Where can I purchase one?

Thank you for all the help and ideas!

Re: C-section recovery

• First off , ask your doc about it and if the hospital provides them. My doc is not a fan.. Says that she thinks babying those muscles with a binder actually slows the recovery process and that you are better off using those muscles and strengthening them slowly from day one. She said if I wanted to try it that was fine but that she didn't find them helpful. Also, my hospital does not provide them. I bought a belly bandit on zulily and I did try to use it but apparently got the wrong size. I couldn't get it closed. I also ended up with a nasty allergic reaction and didn't want anything tight fitting for at least 3 weeks. So I never used it :-(. I'll probably try to sell it on CL. Anyway, that seems to be the most popular brand so check it out. Also just search for belly binder on amazon and read reviews there. I found that pretty useful.

• My hospital provided me with two of them. I would ask before you purchase one. I only used it for maybe a week because it felt like the pain just wasn't going away and I was getting awful back pain. After I stopped using it my pain started to get better and I didn't have to take the Percocet anymore. Honestly i wish I had stopped using it sooner.

I bought my belly band at Target when I was pregnant with my first baby, but only used it to hold my pants up. I didn't have a c section the first time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Kim22Kim22 member
    My hospital provided a Dale Abdominal binder and I loved it. I wore it for about 3 weeks. If really helped with stairs and driving.
  • You can get a c-section compression band on amazon, I'm looking into it myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"