June 2014 Moms

Maternity photos

It's about that time! Who is taking them? Are you going classic or out of the box? It took some convincing but I did mine today. I'm a hairstylist and we do beauty sessions at the job all the time. My boss insisted the timing was perfect, (7-8 months) though I was hesitant that my belly had popped enough to take them. Her theory is that the last month we get swollen and cranky and will hate any picture we take. She was right.. I was so self conscious about looking like a cow. Crossing my fingers the photographer is a wizard with Photoshop! On another note I also felt glamorous and felt so special getting dolled up! Pinterest and IG gave me so many fun ideas! I have 2 pics of my last pregnancy and it makes me so sad I didn't capture more. Oh boy did I make up for it today.

Re: Maternity photos

• I'm supposed to get a set done this month some time, with a photographer from modelmayhem who contacted me through my page there.  I didn't get any with C, so I'm not sure what I like/don't like.  Well, that's not entirely true, I know what I don't like, lol!  He said I could bring DH and C with me, so if we're lucky we'll get a couple of family shots out of the deal as well!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• I got them done last pregnancy but opted out of them this pregnancy. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • My close friend is a photographer and offered to do mine, but I'm undecided. I'm so awkward getting my picture taken so I'm hesitant to go through it again. This same friend did our announcement photos so I'm harking back to those, which came out beautiful IMO but it was just a weird experience for me.

• I'm not getting maternity photos done. This is my 4th pregnancy and as cute as I think other peoples are I don't want any of my own. Weird right?
  • Sure am! My friend is a professional photographer and she offered to do mine as a gift to us - I love this big old belly and am so excited to capture it on photo!! Will do mine in the next couple of weeks once our schedules sync up.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My good friend is a photographer and she offered to take some for me. She did some with my last pregnancy and I'm happy we did it.
  • My husband is a professional photographer so we are definitely doing them (with him shooting). I've been gathering ideas from pinterest for a while now...just trying to find the perfect outfit(s). We are going to the beach to do them and possibly a japanese garden as well. 
  • We were going to but my kitty had to go to the ER a few weeks back and used up the budget! No worries he is doing alright! :) We had my sister take some of us, turned out great plus I've been doing the weekly bump pics so it all worked out. They are just so expensive and honestly my sister did a great job for free :-) we will do newborn pics though :)
  • Ours our schedule for May 3rd, which also happens to be the day before our second wedding anniversary, so that timing is kinda perfect :-)  I'll be just shy of 33w, so it's perfect timing.  All the photographers I talked to said anything 30-35 weeks is the best timing to get good big belly shots.  We'll probably do newborn photos with the same photographer, as well.
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • I'm not doing any, far too expensive for me. I may ask someone to take some nice shots of DH and me at some point, but that's mostly because the only real pictures we have of us are at our wedding. If we go away someone nice for our anniversary I'll get DH to snap a few fancier ones and I'l edit them myself.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • We did some just yesterday. We hired a photographer to do newborn & maternity shots. My husband and I don't really have any nice pictures of the two of us so we thought it would be a nice time to document before we become a family of three and I thought it would be nice to meet the photographer before she came into our home and has to deal with me days after giving birth ;) We didn't really do any cheesy poses and even my husband said that he had fun.
  • Ours are part of a newborn/maternity package.  I will be 36 weeks (5/17) at the time.  With all the crazy weather (60 on Sat. and snow on Sun), I was nervous about scheduling anything in April.  Hopefully, we will have as mush fun as we did for our e-pics.

BabyFruit Ticker

Special prayers for angels that we never met!
  • Mine are on may 3rd (34 weeks) due june 12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have mine scheduled for April 18th, it is earlier than I would like to do them but with the big move coming up shortly after that I felt like I wanted to do them before.With my first our pictures where done in a studio and almost all of them were bare belly, I liked them at the time but don't love them now.. This time we will be at the beach, I bought a dress and outfits for DH and DS to wear so I hope I end up loving them this time!
  • I'm doing mine this weekend. My friend is doing them. I had a couple shots done at my baby shower this last weekend by my brother's friend who was there to take pictures (she's a professional) but H wasn't there so I want more. I don't want to wait any longer because I don't want to be huge.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • My aunts boyfriend has offered to take some family style maternity shots. I think I will take him up on it but not for a few more weeks. I am hoping the weather improves so we can do it outside...... its snowing here right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just want someone to take a photo of DH and I with this twin bump at some point soon…but I am not planning on paying for maternity photography this time.  If anything I will ask a friend to use my camera and then edit them myself.  I want to focus on good newborn photography and a lifestyle shoot after they come :-).
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I'm not pressed. I typically don't like photos of me taken and I don't feel my prettiest while pregnant so I'm on the fence about it. I've been taking my own belly shots to document. We'll see.

June '14 MaySiggy Challenge: Favorite TV mom 
  • When I was pregnant with my girls, maternity photos were not "in".  Especially not with my first DD 9 years ago.  With my 2nd DD, we were broke it still wasn't a big trend.  I must admit I am kinda sad that I don't have a single picture of myself pregnant with EITHER of my girls...not even a candid shot.  I avoided the camera at all costs even when NOT KU'd, so I definitely steered clear while pregnant, too.  Anywho, I *think* we are gonna do a few family pics this time around.  Not really a legit "maternity session", but we haven't had family photos taken in about a year and a half (we usually do for the Christmas card, but I was so sick this year we didn't take pics or send any cards).  My best friend is a photographer and always does our pics for free (such a blessing!) so I am feeling inclined to get a few snapped.
  • ddd2ddd2 member
    The sessions are less than 300 from my salon. It's a great deal, and they work with different photographers so I wasn't sure what to look forward to, but my boss made me feel super comfortable during My most awkward moments with him. I did bare all/belly pics.. Yikes! I followed @voguematernity on IG and got most my ideas from there. Then I did a editorial look in all white and lastly let the stylist have free reign on the last look. It was a crazy Mohawk! I plan on bringing hubs and ds to the beach for some classic family pics later when I'm bigger. Right now I only have candids that my mom took on her iPhone .. Hopefully he works fast!
  • We had ours yesterday :) I will be 31 weeks Wednesday!
  • We were going to but my kitty had to go to the ER a few weeks back and used up the budget! No worries he is doing alright! :) We had my sister take some of us, turned out great plus I've been doing the weekly bump pics so it all worked out. They are just so expensive and honestly my sister did a great job for free :-) we will do newborn pics though :)

@BabyCurtiss2014 We lost our entire vacation fund to a kitty emergency once...no regrets there. Just wanted to say you are awesome for sacrificing for the fur baby!
    Awe! Yeah he is my first "child" and there is no price I can put on his well being and health. You are awesome as well!!! :-)
  • Not doing the maternity photo shoot, we just bought a house and with a baby on the way it just isn't worth the money. Also I don't feel beautiful and pregnant, I feel swollen and huge and pregnant and don't need a whole photo shoot of myself when I don't feel that great. We have been taking photos here and there throughout this pregnancy and that will be good enough for me :)
    @BabyCurtiss2014 We lost our entire vacation fund to a kitty emergency once...no regrets there. Just wanted to say you are awesome for sacrificing for the fur baby!
    Awe! Yeah he is my first "child" and there is no price I can put on his well being and health. You are awesome as well!!! :-)
    Agreed that first babies (fur or otherwise) are priceless :) We're shelling out some serious bucks to get our baby chemo for lymphoma right now, BUT we got health insurance for her a few years back and they're covering move of it which is amazing. You should look into it!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Awe I hope all goes well with your kitty!!!!! Xo
  • Im only doing progression photos with a photographer. Started at three mths. Two diff outfits/two diff series of photos-one a bandeau top and flowy skirt and the other series topless (breasts covered by arms) and white flowy linen pants. I like the story progression photos tell and I can use any particular month photo individually if I want to.
  • I have a shoot scheduled for April 27 (33 weeks) and I'm super excited. DH and I have been together almost 13 years and have hardly any pictures of us together. Our photographer does outside/lifestyle kind of pictures and totally my style of what I like in photography (artsy, and no bare belly or looking like you're wrapped in a sheer curtain with a fan...sorry if that's what you like but I think it's creepy). Also, we got a deal by packaging it with a newborn session.
  • My stepmom is taking mine on April 19th...just simple, fully clothed pics for me. I don't have many pregnancy pictures from my DD and sort of regret it. DH and DD will join me for family pics too.
    ~Jessica~ 

• DH is opposed to spending the money on the pictures but I made an appointment for the 18th of April at a studio. It was only $18 for the shoot of the two of us.
    If we hate the pictures we don't have to buy any. I don't know if we will be able to have another LO so I don't want to miss the chance to capture this time in a nice way.
    Seems all my other photos from the shower and other random times I'm either looking down (double chins) or in an unflattering position or outfit.
    Honestly the selfies are coming out the best.
  • We aren't going to do a professional maternity shoot, but I'll have H snap a few 'maternity' shots when we get around to going to the botanical garden.  I'm thinking sometime later April, so around 33/34 weeks.
  • We are having ours done on May 7 at 35 wks with our wedding photographer. They will be in a similar style as our e-photos -  sunset at the harbourfront. I was hoping to do them at 33 wks, but our photographer wasn't available and we didn't want to do them with anyone but her. Looking forward to it :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I wanted too but just could not afford it. I told my friend who was going to do them that I will have her do newborn pics. She then told me that she wants to do my maternity pics as my shower gift. Super excited. Now have to get them done before she has her baby. Lol end of April she is scheduled for c section. :)

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I took my own last weekend! I have one cell phone picture of myself being pregnant with my first dd, so I swore to myself that I'd take them this time around. I'm so happy I did! :)
  • SkyAngelMommySkyAngelMommy member
    edited April 2014
    I am soooooo excited for my photoshoot!!!! Were going to go to clearwater beach for them at sunset. it'll be sooo beautiful! i can't decide if i should do a bikini set tho or not my photographer says theyre super popular but i'm just not sure!
  • I have a good friend who is an ameteur photographer coming into town this weekend for my shower and we will do a small maternity photo shoot before the shower. I was excited but I just feel huge now and not really looking forward to them. I was hoping to have a cute outfit ready but I've got nothing except the maternity clothes I'm sick of. I'm going to go ahead and do it though just to see how they turn out.
  • OH NO!! i surely dont want nude ones!!!! maybe youre not from where im from but i dont think its true they wouldnt arrest me either....i think i might try the bikini tho!! i mean i dont HAVE to keep them if they take them and i dont like them, right???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"