1st Trimester
Options

intro and ? for everyone

Just wanted to come in and say hello! My DH and I have been trying to conceive for what seems like forever and were going to start our first round of treatment with the RE this month. My period hadn't arrived yet so I decided to take a HPT so that I could start using provera in prep for IUI. When I saw two lines I thought my eyes were deceiving me, I had my first beta today and it was 108.... I couldn't be happier now that I know it's real.

Here's my ?  I know that the miscarriage rate can be high for PCOS ladies and I didn't want to tell anyone until at least 4ish months (if it's not obvious by that point)... however here's my problem. I'm an RN, and that entails moving patients and heavy'ish lifting. Anyone have any suggestions for ways to get around that and get help until I'm ready to tell people I'm pregnant?  thanks!

**siggy warning**

Me: 30 dx w/PCOS 7/13

DH: 31
TTC 11/12
started Metformin 9/13
HSG, tubes open but narrow uterus... f/u with RE 3d u/s everything 'normal'
2/14: hopefully 1st IUI... timing off before trip, waiting until 4/14
3/27: POAS= BFP!!!
3/28: beta#1: 108
4/2: beta#2: 799
4/11: u/s 6w1d EDD 12/4, 1 little penguin!

7/7:  We're having a girl!
12/11: after lots of labor/delivery/nicu excitment baby Piper Mae born 1859 @ 8lbs, 21.5"

Re: intro and ? for everyone

• Options
    cMichelle0423cMichelle0423 member
    edited March 2014
    I would just talk to whoever is your supervisor. You can mention that you don't want everyone knowing the news, but honestly I don't see a way around keeping it from everyone. At least one person has to know so they can help you figure out a way around the heavy lifting.
  • Options
    Ditto what pp's said. Talk to your supervisor and ask for the news not to be spread around.

@savannah_girl‌ do you have pcos? It indeed does carry a higher risk of miscarriage than in women without.

https://www.pcos.com/miscarriage-and-pcos/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would talk to your doctor and see what weight limits they suggest. They might not suggest any restrictions until you are further along. Then, like PPs said, talk to your supervisor.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    thank you... One of my jobs is in the ICU... so you can imagine, people are sedated and not very helpful in moving around which causes a lot of heavy lifting.... which is definitely a problem when weight limits come into play. I'm actually thinking about looking at other jobs anyways (: 

@savannah_girl : women with PCOS have a higher rate of MC because of hormone issues... (progesterone being the big one)

**siggy warning**

Me: 30 dx w/PCOS 7/13

DH: 31
    TTC 11/12
    started Metformin 9/13
    HSG, tubes open but narrow uterus... f/u with RE 3d u/s everything 'normal'
    2/14: hopefully 1st IUI... timing off before trip, waiting until 4/14
    3/27: POAS= BFP!!!
    3/28: beta#1: 108
    4/2: beta#2: 799
    4/11: u/s 6w1d EDD 12/4, 1 little penguin!

7/7:  We're having a girl!
    12/11: after lots of labor/delivery/nicu excitment baby Piper Mae born 1859 @ 8lbs, 21.5"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"