May 2014 Moms
Options

Another pump question...

I recieved my Medela pump from my insurance company today - they sent the actual pump, two bottles, tubes, the actual things you put on your boobs, and nursing pads. What are some supplements that I should buy in addition? Would it be worth to actually buy on of the Medela bags in order to keep everything together, or would any regular old purse do?

TIA :)

That One Gal From Alaska :)

Re: Another pump question...

• Options
    What type is it? You will need a cooler, probably. And medela makes one with grooved ice pack that fits the bottles. Otherwise, you can use any bag, pick a cute one!
  • Options
    Cooler, bag to carry it, little ice packs, car/battery adapter and some extra valves (the white flappy peices...they are the first thing that need replacing)

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ZiegefickerZiegeficker member
    edited March 2014
    The cooler was nice, and a second or even third set of flanges and the connector pieces (that connect the cone thingy to the bottles -- I know, I am so technical) are great to have. Also, a metric shit ton of those white rubber things, I think they need to be replaced somewhat frequently and/or get lost easily. I also recommend a hand pump for nights out -- they use mostly the same pieces if you stick with the same brand.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thanks ladies!!

That One Gal From Alaska :)

• Options
    My PISA came just like you said with no bag or cooler. I'm a FTM so I don't know if it was totally necessary but I bought a Medela tote bag which came with a cooler and several extra parts. It was $99 at a medical supply store and I could use my medical flex spending money. I think it will be worth it to have a bag specifically meant for that pump. Also the pump cost me $0 so I didn't mind spending some on the bag.
  • Options
    Actually, no you don't need the bag it comes with retail. I hated that bag. I used a small diaper bag. The actual 4 pack cooler is great if you use Medela bottles but you can use any generic cooler bag.  I do not think they sell those retail anyway. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    ns1ns1 member
    Depending on how you're using it (for work a lot, occasional nights out, etc.) I also recommend some extra pump horns (that's probably a term I made up....the breastshields and all that goes between your boobs and the bottle). I found it more convenient to have extras so I didn't have to do dishes everynight and I could leave an extra set at work for when I inevitably forgot mine at home.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't not use the pump bag mine came with last time and I was pumping at work. I packed a Vera Bradley bag with all my pump stuff and stores my milk in my small frig. I put the milk in my empty lunchbox when I left with some cooler packs.

I bought extra flanges (that your breast goes into) valves, and more bottles.

I don't plan on going back to work after this one so I probably won't buy all those extras.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"