VBAC

Go figure

I had my 14 week appointment today.  I met one of the OBs and we talked a bit about my birthing options (unprompted).

Him: "So, what kind of birth are you looking for?"
Me: "I was hoping to try for a VBAC."
Him: "Great.  That is great.  Not enough women try."
::pause::
Him: "So, when did you want to schedule your c-section then."

I was also reminded that my son was much too big for me.  I was prepared for all of this and politely told him that I had no interest in setting a date at this time and would let him know if I changed my mind.  I have a feeling that this same conversation is going to come up at every single appointment between now and September.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Go figure

• Wow.  Good for you for standing up to him.  For as much good as doctors can do, I hate them sometimes.
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • It doesn't sound like he is very supportive of VBAC.
  • Loading the player...
  • mysticl said:

It doesn't sound like he is very supportive of VBAC.

From what I have heard from the midwives at the practice ( who don't do deliveries unfortunately), the OBs are supportive in a very limited number of circumstances. Unfortunately I cannot switch because of my insurance situation. I'm going to try to make as many of my future appointments with the midwives as possible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"