June 2012 Moms

Warning labels on car seat gave me sticker shock!

I just received my graco snug ride 30 today and was disappointed to see very large warning stickers fused to the fabric right next to where the baby puts his/her head.  Is this required by law?  The stickers do not even seem possible to remove!  I was very disappointed because they are so large and when I looked at purchasing the seat they were nowhere to be seen.  Do all brands of carseats have these stickers?? Has anyone had success removing them or advice not to remove them?   TIA
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Warning labels on car seat gave me sticker shock!

• I hate those stickers and that's is why I always look for carseats with the ones that are sewn on, that way I can seam rip the stiches and take it off. Since it's been almost 5 years since I've bought an infant seat, it would be my luck that they only make ones with the lables fused on. :(

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ugh I know. DH and I had the same thing happen to us. Not so nice looking. I'm curious to see what other responses are to this. It seems like they are stuck on there pretty good.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • My 3 year old chicco keyfit 30 has a fused on warning label. it's more up on right side of it. It's no where near where the baby's head is. I think they all have this b/c of stupid people doing stupid things.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I also got a graco snugride 30... With the stinkin labels. Yuck. But if you are handy with a sewing machine or k ow someone who is you could try recovering it. I found this link on pinterest. Good luck! https://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/02/recovering-baby-car-seat.html
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's there for a reason - just get over it.

You wont even notice it when your babe is finally in that seat.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageDaisy22:
    My 3 year old chicco keyfit 30 has a fused on warning label. it's more up on right side of it. It's no where near where the baby's head is. I think they all have this b/c of stupid people doing stupid things.

Exactly.  Since I'm not one of those people, I don't want it on my seat!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I know this thread is old but I was considering purchasing a carrier from a new company called fabcabonline. It's a store on the Etsy website. They have seats that our custom designed no warning labels and no lame designs. I'm a parent of 4 I know how a car seat works. But i'm a bit confused because the say it's a carrier instead of a car seat even though its a Graco Snugride 30. Anyway the cupcake seat I saw was really awesome. I'm in my second trimester so I have enough time to think about it. What is everyone's thoughts on this?
  • I am actually glad the stickers are there so I don't have to reach for the manual all the time. Not aesthetically pleasing, but oh well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"