August 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone still team green?

We have our A/S on Monday, and I've been feeling like we're the in the smallest minority of people who don't find out!

I need some encouragement also- how do you resist when the opportunity is right in front of you!? My reason for not finding out this time is because I don't want to be disappointed if it's not what I'm expecting/wanting. And how could you feel that way when that squishy little baby is finally in your arms!

Anyone else out there still waiting to be surprised?
blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
Aidan Russell 8/7/12
missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
Shane Ryan 8/25/14
imageimage

Re: Anyone still team green?

• Options
    We had our A/S scan today and we're still team green much to our family and friend's dismay. The biggest issue we're having is the circumcision decision. We're completely on the fence about it right now and I'm having serious anxiety about making the correct decision. It would be nice to know if it's something I need to be stressing about from now until August. I know myself and I will stress until the decision is made and then panic I made the wrong decision after.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sure thang - remaining team green until the end!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are still team green! Our a/a was last week, and yes, it was very tempting to find out since you knew it could be answered so quickly, but I am glad we stuck to our guns and held out. I'm really excited to find out at the birth! We found out with our son at the a/s, and this already feels so different not knowing, labor will be a whole new level of excitement for me this time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Still Team Green.  We didn't even watch the monitor during the A/S.  The tech did turn the her screen for just a minute when she knew it was safe so we could get a glimpse.  

We were Team Green last pregnancy too.  Being able to wait and keep the secret from yourself is SO exciting.  The buildup and suspense makes labor like Christmas morning.  You have this amazing gift that you finally get to open.  

Under regular circumstances, I'm HORRIBLE with secrets.  I snoop around Christmas and birthday/anniversaries.  I can sniff out a surprise party better than anyone.  Being able to resist finding out the sex was an extremely big accomplishment for me personally.  
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    @kcatboston I would just say do your research, and make sure it's from credible sources! The AAP no longer recommends routine circumcision. We did not do it and are happy with our decision. I simply could not put my baby through that, when their nerves are so fresh and new. I also read that it is harder to for a woman to stay infection-free with all the folds of skin and such than an uncircumcised male. My family gave us so much grief about that decision, but ultimately we felt it was unnecessary. Times are different now than they used to be, and as our son grows up, he will be part of the 50% of US men who are uncircumcised. Anyway, that was my 2 cents :P Not looking to start a debate, I hold no judgement. If you'd like to talk more about it though you can always PM me.

Ok, but seriously. How did you resist the temptation to find out? What are your reasons for not knowing?
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Options
    We will be team green till the end. We really don't want to know. It makes the birth so much sweeter to be a surprise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • Options
    Raclla said:
    Still Team Green.  We didn't even watch the monitor during the A/S.  The tech did turn the her screen for just a minute when she knew it was safe so we could get a glimpse.  

We were Team Green last pregnancy too.  Being able to wait and keep the secret from yourself is SO exciting.  The buildup and suspense makes labor like Christmas morning.  You have this amazing gift that you finally get to open.  

Under regular circumstances, I'm HORRIBLE with secrets.  I snoop around Christmas and birthday/anniversaries.  I can sniff out a surprise party better than anyone.  Being able to resist finding out the sex was an extremely big accomplishment for me personally.  
    I can't believe you didn't even look! You've got some strong will-power girl!!
    Christmas morning is a good analogy. I like that:) thanks!
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Options
    Still team green with our first. It is a minority thing these days! Our A/S isn't for 3 weeks but I have no interest in knowing!
  • Options
    @ColeyJ88 It's easier not to look this time around.  With DD we watched the entire thing and had NO clue what we were looking at.  DH just turned to the tech at some point and said 'your job is HAARRRDDD'.  
    I've felt movement a lot sooner with this one.  I'm guessing that has helped some.  
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    2 Furry Kids - 
  • Options
    We're team green and I have to say I am very surprised with how strongly ppl feel about what we are doing. They really think we are crazy for not finding out. I had to remind a co-worker recently that this whole finding out thing is a fairly new advancement and that both our mother had children where they didn't find out the sex until delivery. You would think I am opting to forgo modern medicine and have my baby in the woods instead. It's really perplexing.. Anyways, my a/s still is two weeks away and while I am excited for another opportunity to see the little one, I'm still pretty confident about staying green.

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    We're team green and I have to say I am very surprised with how strongly ppl feel about what we are doing. They really think we are crazy for not finding out. I had to remind a co-worker recently that this whole finding out thing is a fairly new advancement and that both our mother had children where they didn't find out the sex until delivery. You would think I am opting to forgo modern medicine and have my baby in the woods instead. It's really perplexing.. Anyways, my a/s still is two weeks away and while I am excited for another opportunity to see the little one, I'm still pretty confident about staying green.
    Haha, this exactly! Everyone is telling us how hard it is going to be to not be prepared with clothes if it is a girl. All the girly clothes can come later. Honestly, newborns stay in an outfit for maybe 30 mins before needing to be changed again, lol.
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Options
    @ColeyJ88 have you had an issues with daycare or other caregivers regarding cleaning?

I'm hoping not knowing will be good motivation during labor. Plus I had to have an emergency CS with DD so if I don't have a successful VBAC I will be able to concentrate on being excited to find out instead of being disappointed about another CS. The doctor was great about telling us when to close our eyes.
  • Options
    We are still team green as well. It is hard and I an slightly jealous every time someone posts on the 'it's a ....' thread. But in the end I know it will be worth it. I will be happy with a healthy baby regardless of sex. We don't have our a/s for 3 more weeks. I'm sure it will be even harder not to look at the screen than it seems now.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @ColeyJ88 have you had an issues with daycare or other caregivers regarding cleaning?

I'm hoping not knowing will be good motivation during labor. Plus I had to have an emergency CS with DD so if I don't have a successful VBAC I will be able to concentrate on being excited to find out instead of being disappointed about another CS. The doctor was great about telling us when to close our eyes.
    My mother actually made a big stink about this. She said, "I'm not babysitting him then unless you circumcise!". She got over it. Lol. The foreskin actually works to keep all the diaper grossness out. It doesn't retract until they are much much older. They are the only one who should retract it for the first time, too.
    Savingsons.org is a great website if you want to look into it further.

I hope you are able to have a successful VBAC! 
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Options
    stoofewok said:
    Welll we're technically still team green, but we had our A/S this morning and the tech blurted it out I'm pretty sure. At one time, I asked "what are those there?" and she replied, "those are just his hands....her hands.....the baby's hands.....I just don't like to say "it". Siiigh...

H and I refer to LO as Roofus and we also change up using he and she to get used to the idea that it really could be either. So, he thinks the tech just said "he" like we say "he" out of habit a lot, even though we don't know what we're having. By the way she covered it up, I think she blurted it out.. 

It has to be hard for those techs to not say, but I'm still sad that I feel like the surprise is sort of over. :(
    OH that is awful!! Honestly, I would prefer them to say "it" because even if they say "he" for both boys and girls, part of me would still take it seriously.
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Options
    With DD the tech let us know right away that she uses the term 'he'.  That's what she stuck with the entire time.  

The tech this time stayed very quiet.  I don't think she even said 'it'.  There was a lot of 'heart looks good', 'everything is measuring right on track', 'can't get a good picture', etc.  

We have to go through it again in about 3 weeks.  They couldn't get a good picture of the stomach.  I'm hoping there aren't any slip ups.  
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    2 Furry Kids - 
  • Options
    @stoofewok I guess you still will be surprised in the end!
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Options
    We are still team green. Our anatomy scan is next week. I'm hoping the tech doesn't slip up. I'm kinda nervous about that part.
    TTC since 11/1/12
    BFP 1/2/13
    Ultrasound showed no heartbeat 2/14/13
    BFP 12/7/13
    EDD 8/18/14
    1st Beta 89, 2nd Beta 214
    Stick Baby Stick!!!
  • Options
    I was team green, but failed!  Husband changed his mind last minute and I didn't have the heart to tell him no when we had the opportunity to find out.  It seemed to help him get more excited about the pregnancy and what's to come.  I could easily have remained team green though.  Maybe the 2nd time around we'll be stronger :)

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    stoofewok said:

Welll we're technically still team green, but we had our A/S this morning and the tech blurted it out I'm pretty sure. At one time, I asked "what are those there?" and she replied, "those are just his hands....her hands.....the baby's hands.....I just don't like to say "it". Siiigh...

H and I refer to LO as Roofus and we also change up using he and she to get used to the idea that it really could be either. So, he thinks the tech just said "he" like we say "he" out of habit a lot, even though we don't know what we're having. By the way she covered it up, I think she blurted it out.. 

It has to be hard for those techs to not say, but I'm still sad that I feel like the surprise is sort of over. :(
    Our tech said "those are baby's hands, baby's feet," instead of using him or her. However, when she was doing the scan she had the screen pointed towards herself the entire time, then turned it towards us to show us baby quickly at the end. Our baby was moving around SO much, that I'm worried we saw the goods. Baby was literally doing complete flips and she couldn't help but give us a couple split second perfect "between the legs shots" at no fault of her own. I keep telling myself I'm not a tech and don't really know what I saw (or didn't see) but because DS was so obviously a boy from those angles when we found out, I'm thinking this is a girl. But I'm at the point where I won't be shocked at the delivery if it's a girl, but will be shocked if it's a boy, so it feels a little less like a complete surprise. I know that probably makes zero sense, but I'm a little weird ;)

• Options
    Our tech said that she doesn't check the genitals until the very end of the ultrasound, and that keeps her from accidentally saying something that might give it away.

Also, I asked her what the split was for people wanting to know the sex versus not wanting to know and she said it's about 90%/10%. I was really shocked by those numbers.

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Options
    Green here! We had our a/s on Monday and the tech was great about not giving away the secret. For the most part we couldn't tell anyway, and only one time we were directed to look away/close our eyes. Stay strong :)

image    image
  • Options
    I'm still team green and it was a piece of cake! The tech didn't even look between the baby's legs. She said if she did, then she would have to put the sex in her report. Then, it would be possible for the doctor or nurse to accidently tell me. Sooo, nobody knows what my baby is but God ;) Thankfully, I also have a pretty chill child. He didn't do any flips, put his legs above his head or do anything else that would reveal the goods. In the end, I was worried ahead of time for no reason.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still awaiting your a/s. I hope you can stick to your guns.

Me:35 DH:37
    Married 09/2013

*TW* TTC #2 since June 2016 *END TW*

Endometriosis

March 2017- IUI#1- Clomid - BFN
    April 2017 - IUI #2 - Clomid, Ovidrel - BFN
    May 2017 - IUI #3 - Clomid- cancelled cycle

July 2017- IVF #1-Microdose Lupron protocol, Gonal-F, Menopur, HCG trigger- 12 mature eggs, 9 fertilized, 4 frozen- 2 PGS normal!!

August 2017- FET #1

• Options
    We gave in but I think for good reason. Our dd kept saying she wanted a sister so we found out so that she could find out and get used to the idea over a few months. I'm glad we found out so I can get rid of some clothes! Good job for not finding out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel like my will is stronger already :)
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Options
    ColeyJ88 said:
    Haha, this exactly! Everyone is telling us how hard it is going to be to not be prepared with clothes if it is a girl. All the girly clothes can come later. Honestly, newborns stay in an outfit for maybe 30 mins before needing to be changed again, lol.
    So many people have said the same thing about getting ready too. We are doing a gender neutral room and registering for all neutral colors anyway. Our a/s is on Wednesday. I am still up in the air about finding out...
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We had our a/s and are still team green. I kind of want to find out but I'm still leaning more towards not finding out. Besides I'm really enjoying how aggrivated people are getting that we're not finding out :)
  • Options
    I have never wanted to find out, I don't know why I just wanted to wait until birth. My H did and was convinced that he would know and could keep that secret from me. When we found out we were expecting he was still wanting to find out. He came home from work one day and said "welp, we both won't know the sex until the day it comes". He explained to me that a coworker of his was sharing his experience and said that not finding out until birth is the most truest, greatest surprise you will ever have in your life that will make you happy with either outcome. It all just adds to the moment of childbirth. Of course being an emotional wreck I cried when he told me lol.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

Our A/S is today.  I don't feel the slightest inclination to cave, I REALLY don't want to know until birth.  But...we did this with #2 too.  It was so fun to find out at birth, I wouldn't want to do it any other way now.

#1 we wanted to find out, but couldn't (my son had his legs crossed). 

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    We had our ultrasound this past Tuesday. Leading up to the appointment, I was sure I was going to change my mind and ask her to tell us the sex. But once we got in there, I was just so excited about seeing Baby and seeing the little nose and little feet, that the sex didn't really matter anymore. This is our first though, so these little glimpses are probably more exciting to us.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide!
  • Options
    stoofewok said:

@stoofewok the same thing kind of happened to us on Monday.... I can't be 100% sure but H and I both thought we heard her say "his feet". Ahhhhh. Then H said he watched the entire time she was near the legs/genitalia and he said he didn't see anything, to which I said "do you really know what you are looking for?" So who knows!

But technically we are still team green!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @stoofewok I am feeling boy and H is feeling girl, and 9 times out of 10 for other people I am wrong....so it's a crap shoot!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ColeyJ88 said:

Ditto!! We are Team Green and will stay there til the end. We are both extremely excited not to find out until the birth.

• Options
    We did find out, but both sets of grandparents were against it. It's funny how many people's parents insist they find out! My mom didnt find out with any of her kids, and my MIL found out about DH because a nurse messed up. She called for test results and the nurse said "oh the results for baby boy look great!"

My dad thinks finding out on delivery day is great and gives you something to look forward to. He was able to tell my mom what each of us was when we were born (except my older brother because he was in survival school during his birth, my mom was able to announce "we have a son" to him that time.)

• Options
    Still team green. I would be upset if the tech gave it away so we will be adamant that we do not want to know.
  • Options
    We are! Team green until the delivery room :) we have our A/S monday and we will make sure to tell the tech to warn us if we need to look away!
  • Options
    Ours a/s is on the 7th and going to make sure to tell the tech right away we don't want to know! This will be our only chance to find out, so once it's over, we're team green till the end!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Our appointment isn't for another couple weeks but I've decided no longer team green..I came up with a compromise. DH wanted to find out, I didn't. My reasoning has everything to do with feeling like a lot of the surprises of pregnancy were taken away from me because we had to go the IVF route. I wanted some element of surprise dammit!  So what I came up with is that DH is going to find out what it is during the appointment and will find some way to surprise me - get an outfit, or cupcake or balloon or something.
    Me:41  DH: 46 high count but poor motility & morphology
    TTC on and off since 2005

July 2012: Infertility tests started at OB/Gyn, HSG and HSN all clear
    Sept 2012: IUI #1 w/Clomid - BFN
    Oct 2012: IUI #2 w/Clomid - cancelled due to cyst
    Nov 2012: IUI #3 w/Clomid - BFN
    Break to move and find new PCP, OB/Gyn & RE
    Sept 2013: first appt with RE
    Nov / Dec 2013: IVF #1 with ICSI split
      Dec 6: Retrieval, 4 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized
      Dec 11: Transferred 1 (Day 5)
      Dec 30:  HCG Beta, 4980. BFP!