School-Aged Children

Let's Keep This Board Alive!

Okay, regulars and lurkers -- the bump's determination to kill itself with "social groups" notwithstanding, I am going to make an effort to liven things up on this board a bit.  I know that the preschool board has a number of parents with kids who will be moving up to K. But if they come here and see that days go by with no changes, the board will die.  Let's at least give people a few "new" tags on existing threads when they visit.

Every day that I have time to visit the board, if a new thread has not been posted, I will post a discussion topic that's relevant to parents of school aged kids.  If you are so inclined, chime in with a reply.  At least this will give visitors from other boards who pop onto the board to check it out something new to read from time to time. And maybe new people will stick around for a little longer, if there's something here to keep their interest.

No guarantees on how long I'll keep this up.  I just want to experiment with this and see if it raises the overall level of traffic on the board.

With me?
High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade

Re: Let's Keep This Board Alive!

• I'm in. It seems like school aged boards are always the slowest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in - I sometimes forget to check with board since it's so slow. I'll try to do a better job.  DS is 6.5 and will be in 1st grade next year. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I just wandered over here today since our kids will be in K in the fall and we have been visiting schools this week (need to choose by Friday). I'd love to see more traffic over here! :)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • My oldest is barely "school aged", so I feel a little too intimidated sometimes, but, I'll suck it up! :)
    Mine are in that category, too, so at least you're not the only one. ;) 
  • @MrsLee04, great to see you over here, too! :) 
  • Can I join you? I've been lurking because DS will start kindergarten in August. @neverblushed, your advice here and on Preschool has been very helpful for me!
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • I'm here!! Just joined the bump, but I do have a school - aged child. Mine is 9, so I think she might be a lot older than y'alls kids.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10 (born August 2004)
    Married 03/01/14
    TTC#2
    BFP: 05/17/2014 EDD: 1/25/15 MMC: 06/30/2014
    BFP: 01/31/15 MMC: 02/25/15 

• I'm here!! Just joined the bump, but I do have a school - aged child. Mine is 9, so I think she might be a lot older than y'alls kids.
    A lot of people have kids who range from 5 to 7, but my son and your DD are almost exactly the same age!  He's also an August 2004 baby!  And my daughter is 13.

• emberlee3 said:
    Can I join you? I've been lurking because DS will start kindergarten in August. @neverblushed, your advice here and on Preschool has been very helpful for me!
    Welcome to the board! Glad to have been a help with preschool issues!

A lot of people have kids who range from 5 to 7, but my son and your DD are almost exactly the same age!  He's also an August 2004 baby!  And my daughter is 13.
    I see that! How awesome!!!

I'm wondering how it's going having a son as compared to a daughter. This 9 year old dramatics have me shuddering thinking what's coming with teenage years.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10 (born August 2004)
    Married 03/01/14
    TTC#2
    BFP: 05/17/2014 EDD: 1/25/15 MMC: 06/30/2014
    BFP: 01/31/15 MMC: 02/25/15 

• DS is going into K this fall. I'm in!
    photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm all for it, my DD is in KG, going into 1st grade in the fall.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"