Indiana Babies

Hospitals near Fort Wayne, Indiana that have a birth center that allows laboring in water?

I was curious if anyone knew of any hospitals that allowed laboring in water?  I know there isn't any in Ft Wayne but was curious if there was a hospital within a 2 hour driving distance by chance?  Thanks 
<Pregnancy Ticker>

Re: Hospitals near Fort Wayne, Indiana that have a birth center that allows laboring in water?

• I don't know about Ft wayne but Goshen hospital and Goshen birthing center offer it, not the closest ever but definitely within your 2 hour range!  I have friends who have given birth both places as well as used water for labor/birth and loved it. The birthing center is linked to the hospital but has to be drug free.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks, I will check it out
    <Pregnancy Ticker>
  • Loading the player...
  • The Auburn Birthing Center would not be too far depending on where in Fort Wayne you live.
  • Dekalb memorial I had my son there a year ago and I will have this one there you can labor in bed water shower birthing ball and have an excellent medical staff huge private rooms. Great experience. Ask you what you want and how you would like to have your baby nurses have your best interest and dr Lindsay coda is amazing. Pediatrician dr kidder is awesome as well.
  • Do you know if Dekalb Memorial has a NICU?  If not, where would they be taken to if there were problems?  
    <Pregnancy Ticker>
  • jhonigfordjhonigford member
    edited June 2014
    Edited for spam.
  • jhonigfordjhonigford member
    edited June 2014
    Edited for spam.
  • Dekalb will let you, they only have a NICU 2 so any serious cases would have to be taken to Fort Wayne.  Another option is the Auburn Birthing Center it is a birthing center across from Dekalb , you would need to establish care through Auburn OBGYN in order to go there.
  • Parkview north has two rooms with tubs that you can labor in but I don't think that you can actually deliver in the tub.