Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Trying to find ways to manage stress

It's been almost 3 weeks since my miscarriage and it's been an emotional roller coaster. It's like some days I'm fine and others not so good. We were at a sporting event and we saw some of our friends and noticed her lovely baby bump. Apart of me was so happy but then the tears came. I just thought how much I wanted that to be me and then all the memories of the miscarriage hit me. I couldn't stop the tears. It took all my strength to make it through the event without crying my eyes out. I'm still having nightmares and wake up without being able to go back to sleep. I'm trying acupuncture and cupping to help with the aftermath. I was thinking of yoga and massage too. Wondering what others are doing to help with the stress and pain?

Re: Trying to find ways to manage stress

• Options
    I'm still processing it. Writing helps me. I also like taking a walk - without music. I'm still working on my concentration, but when I can get lost in something, it helps (like housework or projects at the office).

Yoga would be good.

I have never tried acupuncture or cupping but know they are helpful for some people. It helps me to try to label and think about my emotions in a bigger picture.

(((Hugs)))

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    Writing helps me as well. I write in a journal but I'm also working on a few fictional stories. They help me to focus on something else for a while. I also started to run again, as soon as the doctor gave me the okay.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Distraction helps for me, usually, although there are still those days and moments that creep in.

I also agree that alone time or quiet time helps as well every once in a while. Be it a walk, massage, reading a book, whatever it is that you do that gives you a sense of calm.

There will always be those hard days but eventually they will be further apart and we will all learn how to manage our stress and emotions, hopefully.
  • Options
    I love acupuncture! It really helps me release stress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"