Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

help please (sig warning)

So Thursday when I was at work. I went to the nearest ER right away. They checked my cervix, did two ultra sounds, urine test, and blood test. They diagnosed me as threatened miscarriage. They told me I was as far as they knew was still pregnant. Bleeding stopped while at hospital. Later that night bleeding started again. Then rest of Thursday night and Friday bleeding would start and stop. Friday after noon bleeding increase and so does cramping. Go to my Ingham. She takes blood and does ultra sound. She says there's nothing in the ultra sound. She claims.my bleeding could be from implanting.. and that the bleeding is more than average amount for implating.
I should be 7 weeks tomorrow. I thought implanting occurred before missed period. I was 3 weeks late. We were ttc so I know when I ovulated. I should have been 7 weeks tomorrow but that's the info the Info the obgyn gave me about implanting

Today my bleeding is heavier. My cramps where worse then any menstrual cramps I've ever had. All pregnancy symptoms are gone and I feel like vomiting. I'm scheduled to go back to the doctor on Tuesday to bbc.co check my beta hcg levels.

All doctors won't give me a straight answer on what's happening. I don't want to run to the ER again. What the hell is happening to me? Am. I miscarriage no one will just give me a straight answer and I feel so sick.  
Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

Re: help please (sig warning)

• Waiting is the most sickening part. I'm so sorry you are going through this uncertainty. The unfortunate and sad thing is that there isn't a lot that can be done unless you hemorrhage. If you bleed more than a pad an hour for more than an hour, definitely go in.

(((Hugs)))

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• I'm so sorry. Implantation should have occurred a while ago, you're correct there. It could be a subchorionic hemorrhage causing bleeding, but that should have been visible on the u/s had that been the case. If you're certain of your O date, then there should have been something visible on the u/s even if there wasn't a heartbeat yet. But honestly, it doesn't sound promising. I'm really sorry.

As for the betas, just remember that one single number doesn't mean anything. The doubling time is what's important. I really hope this is all just a big clusterfuck and everything turns out okay for you.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • You're right, implantation should have happened weeks ago. I had implantation bleeding with my now 4yo, but it was light and only lasted a very short amount of time. You symptoms sound unfortunately familiar to myself and almost everyone else on this board, so don't be afraid to go back to the ER if you feel the need. I wish you the best and will keep you in my thoughts. Hoping to hear back from you with a positive outcome.

....................................................................................................................................... 

Big Sister Piper

Born at 37 weeks, strong NICU survivor

Friday, November 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM

Baby Brother Link

Born sleeping at 19 weeks with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, 7:27 PM

.......................................................................................................................................

• I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope you find some comfort while you wait either here or from your day to day support system. I hope your outcome is different that what we've all experienced. Please keep us posted. Hugs.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• ASRDHASRDH member
    I am recovering from an eptopic pregnancy. Please do not ignore pain and bleeding. Your body is telling you something. I could not sit wthout incredible pain. If you can't sit or walk, go to the hospital. I know this is scary. I know its worrisome. And I know not everyone will treat you with the kindness and respect you deserve. I've been there. I'm so sorry to read this but you know YOUR body. It's yours to protect and care for. Don't ignore what you are feeling.
    Best wishes.
  • I opted to not go to the hospital. I know they wouldn't give me an answer so I didn't go. Not really looking for a sugar coated answer you know just a final real answer on what was happening. 

After the weekend I had I'm sure it was a loss. I spoke with a nurse at my obgyn office this morning because she saw I called their 24/7 nurse over the weekend. I told her how everything gradually got worse. She honestly told me it sounded like a loss and said she'd cancel my appointments I had sceduled for tuesday and to just come in for blood work.

I know theres no way I'm still pregnant. I wanted this baby so badly and I just feel like the people in real life that are around me just don't get it. They want me to try again right away after this. I just don't. At least not any time soon.

I feel like my world has just stopped and everyone elses just keeps on going while I sit here at a stand still.

• Hugs to you! Being in the position that you are is one of the more harder things to endure. I went through something super similar to this, and I remember taking comfort in really knowing deep down that if this time wasn't meant to be that I would trust the universe. That being said, try not to loose hope until you find out the final verdict. Hang in there! xxoo
  • They told me that I did mc. Now we wait for my hcg levels to drop. They went from I think they said 630 on Friday to 103 on Monday.

Now its almost like I was never pregnant. People around me have been terrible with the things they've said. My father in law said to think of my miscarriage as a blessing.

• Aww...no, I'm so sorry! :( 
    That is an awful thing to hear, keep your heap up. :(
  • Thank you. 

Before this ever happened I never knew what to say to someone who had a loss. But really the only thing you can say is I'm sorry.

DH want to TTC soon. But I don't think I'm up for that.

I felt slightly better when they finally give me an answer on if I was having a miscarriage. Being in limbo was horrible and I would never wish that on my worst enemy.

• It really, really is. Terrible place to be in! Give yourself all the time you need. When I had my loss my husband wanted to wait the two cycles and try again, but I knew I needed more time..He will understand. :)
    Good luck to both of you! 
  • So I'm confused by everything my doctor has told me so far.

Could someone maybe enlighten me? I really dislike talking to her because when I ask her questions she gets rude.

Ok so Thursday when I started bleeding ER doctor said I was 4 weeks and I think that my hcg was 700 and something. I'm pretty sure it was in the 700's. But I should have been 6 weeks and 4 days based on last period. And all I remember him saying was in the ultra sound I still had my uterine lining. 

So then Friday followed up with obgyn because bleeding got worse. With her ultrasound she said she saw nothing in my uterus. That it had a stripe through it which shows someone who isn't pregnant at all. She then went on to saying maybe implanting was occuring and that was the source of my bleeding. I thought implanting only happened before missing a period and I was 3 weeks late for my period at that point. I had also had over a dozen pregnancy test to confirm I was pregnant. Went and had blood taken that day.

All that Sat. and Sun. bleeding was worse followed with cramps and clots.

Ok so Monday they said my hcg level for Friday was 630. Got more blood taken on Monday.

Tuesday they tell me that my blood from Monday had hcg level of 103. They tell me over the phone I had miscarried and they schedule me an appointment for the ob.
    So that same day I see the OB. I guess she didn't know they told me over the phone I mc. So she tells me and retells me my hcg levels and that they dropped significantly. She also said we had to wait and see my hcg levels drop off to 0 and that then after that we would know if I require anything else to be done. She said she didn't think I'd need a D&C because the baby didn't implant. She also said after the level goes to 0 my bleeding should stop,then I should get a period, then ovulation should occur. She said it could take 6 weeks or more for the hcg to drop to 0.

Ok so Wednesday I had more blood taken. Today I call them for the levels.. they tell me it dropped to 26. I can't get ahold of the nurse to ask questions or find out when I need to do another blood test.

Ok so I told you all that to ask this.. How did it not implant if I was 3 weeks late and my hcg started off so high? And why is my hcg dropping so fast? I feel horrible because its almost like I was never pregnant and my body is wiping any traces of it away for what IMO is incredibly fast. I want to ask is this normal but I know everyones situation is different.

• I am sorry for your loss. I think my situation was similar to yours. I had taken at least 5 pregnancy test to confirm (this was my second BFP and the first had ended in m/c so I was paranoid and testing the whole time we TTC). After the first day of bleeding, I went in for an u/s and the doctor said she didn't even see a sac but that it was probably a chemical pregnancy. That is when the egg doesnt attach properly to the uterus when it is fertilized. I didn't even make it to my first prenatal appt. so it was a very early m/c and I don't have any other information to go by. One thing I can say from having two m/cs over the past year, however, is that the doctors never seem to be completely sure about everything. I had two totally different m/cs and never got the answers I was looking for from either one. I hope that your case is different and you find the answers you are looking for.
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• That seems to me to be a pretty normal progression of hcg levels, so don't worry about that. Your body is just doing its job.

As for not implanting, your doctor is dumb. After all this is over I would suggest you find a new OB. I'm sorry.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • I agree that your doctor is off about implanting, although you should get a second opinion if you're concerned. Your HCG is falling normally even though it hurts emotionally. The they fall to 0 quicker the lower that your levels are from what I understand.

An HCG level of 700 is consistent with 4-5 weeks pregnant.
    https://americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html

This is generally when blighted ovums occur. I'm not an expert, but that could give you something to directly ask about. Basically it means that you implanted but the baby didn't develop. The placenta does but the embryo doesn't.

HCG comes from the beginnings of the placenta, so you know.

(((Hugs)))

Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120

All Welcome

Chart

• You won't need a d&c unless you hemmorage or show signs of infection. I personally wouldn't worry about a d&c looming because your levels are dropping. Also be aware that in some women, levels don't ever get to 0. I believe I remember reading that they want to see it less than 5.

All Welcome

Chart

• Sorry for not responding sooner,

I really don't like this ob-gyn its the first I've ever seen her. I didn't even make it to my first prenatal appointment either.:( I have even asked her if this was a chemical pregnancy to be met with an annoyed look and no answer.

I guess my hcg falling so fast just makes me feel guilty. Its like my body didn't want to be pregnant.

• Sorry for not responding sooner,

I really don't like this ob-gyn its the first I've ever seen her. I didn't even make it to my first prenatal appointment either.:( I have even asked her if this was a chemical pregnancy to be met with an annoyed look and no answer.

I guess my hcg falling so fast just makes me feel guilty. Its like my body didn't want to be pregnant.
    Please don't feel guilty. I know it's hard not to feel like blame should be placed somewhere, but it really shouldn't. Get angry/sad/whatever, but please please please don't feel guilty. Your hcg levels falling quickly is just your body doing its job effectively. There's nothing you could have done to prevent or make this happen.

Also, that doctor sounds like a dick. I'm sorry. I hope you're able to find a new doctor soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"