High-Risk Pregnancy

Bedrest exercises?

So I feel like my legs are so restless. I'm sure it's from just not doing as much while holding down the couch. Has anyone done any time of exercises while in bed to of course keep clots away and also not totally lose muscle tone?

I know after having DS #1 four years ago I was so weak and sore after having him it made it difficult to even walk around the block. I'm sure I lost muscle tone over the 8 weeks of bedrest then the few weeks of post partum recovery.

Just looking for some tips! Thanks in advance.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

Re: Bedrest exercises?

• My MFM told me to do some light stuff: rotate my feet and ankles in both directions for a few minutes, very light bicycle kicks with one leg at a time, and rotate my thighs so my knees go in and out (does that make sense? Like how your knees would be if you were sitting criss cross apple sauce, except just one at a time). Hope those help! 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• When I was on hospital bed rest, OT/PT came in to show me exercises and gave me a small booklet of different exercises I should do. You could ask your doctor if they have one of those. Like PP said, just make sure whatever you do--lifting leg, rotating ankles, etc.--is one leg/ankle/arm at a time. It may not seem like it, but I was told that if you use both legs/ankles at a time, you're using way too many pelvic muscles, which is not good at all for bedresters.
  • Loading the player...
  • Good information to know! Thanks for responding. I will check with my doctor on Tuesday.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• For the restless legs, having DH roll them out with this thing was AWESOME:
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • @haziedaze, I don't see a link :( Womp wompppppppppp

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"