High-Risk Pregnancy

*** Thursday Bedrest Check-in ***

Wow is it really Thursday already?? Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well.

How did you sleep?

Any new pregnancy symptoms, cravings, or aversions?

Upcoming appointments, milestones, or updates? (Ticker change?)

QOTD: Who has been your main support during BR? Has anyone surprised you and offered assistance even though you did not expect it? What's been your overall experience with other's who want to help?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: *** Thursday Bedrest Check-in ***

• This week is definitely going by fast!

My day is going ok. I just took a brief nap but didn't sleep too badly last night so it's a nice bonus. I've been dealing with contractions as always but somehow they are less annoying/frequent than yesterday. I'm planning to go out on a brief shopping outing- a couple of my go to tanks have gotten stained and I feel like I have nothing that fits so old navy it is! I'll keep it limited to 2 hours or less, but it's beautiful today so I'm excited about some sunshine and being in public.

Milestones: Tomorrow I will be 5 weeks more pregnant than I've ever been. I just confirmed with Walgreen's Specialty Pharmacy that I don't need anymore shipments of Makena- only 2 injections left! Monday I will be the GA that we brought DS home at (35 weeks).

CRAZY!!!

QOTD: DH has been awesome. I've also had a couple of wonderful friends who have stopped by or brought lunch. I'm starting to have them be me "outings" and meet me for lunch or a snack. It's really helpful to have things to look forward to!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Slept pretty decently. If I don't take a long nap during the day I've found that I can sleep much better at night, so that is my new plan of attack. 

Baby has started doing what I can only describe as some sort of hip-hop dance in the mornings. It's like someone winds her up and then lets her rumble around for thirty seconds at a time. A little weird but still fun! 

I am 28 weeks and 2 days pregnant, which is over two weeks longer than with DS! Woohoo! Also, can I confess something awful? I don't know why but I have a feeling that this one is also going to be early. I think she'll be here in the next few weeks. I don't WANT her to be early but I can't shake the feeling. And if she is going to be early I wish I could just fast-forward to when she is here. Every day I wake up wondering if this is her birthday and it is giving me the crazy eyes. 

We live with my parents so they have been a huge help. They have taken care of DS and brought groceries. The most surprising offers to help have been from FB friends that I haven't actually seen in a few years - people have offered to babysit, bring meals, etc. A very pleasant surprise! And my overall experience has been good so far! I am going a little crazy but people have been so kind to us, which I really appreciate. 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Loading the player...
  • TRS48TRS48 member
    How did you sleep? Good once I finally fell asleep, so many thoughts running through my mind, Im only on day 6 of bedrest. Im 21 weeks 4 days so its gonna be a long haul. But 100% worth it.

Any new pregnancy symptoms, cravings, or aversions? Nothing really. 

Upcoming appointments, milestones, or updates? (Ticker change?) Appt with my OB yesterday, checked the babies HRs & both were good. It was nice to leave the house. Also I just began finally feeling movement from one of our twins so that has really upped my spirits.

QOTD: Who has been your main support during BR? Has anyone surprised you and offered assistance even though you did not expect it? What's been your overall experience with other's who want to help?

My DH. He has been amazing. A lot of people want to help out and it means so much to me, more people than I expected. I havent really gotten used to the bedrest thing yet so I havent taken anyone up on it, still kind of feeling down and I dont want to bring anyone else down with me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I slept okay, kept getting up randomly throughout the night. No new cravings. DH and I did indulge today and stop at Burger King. So good!

QOTD: DH has been my biggest support throughout all of this. We've had lots of people offer up help for housework and helping with DS. Last time it seems we didn't need as much help when I was on BR with DS. But being on bedrest with another child running around. It's that much harder.

But I plan on asking for help for certain days just to help DH out more than anything. He has been handling a lot lately And I know it's wearing him out.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• I slept ok last night. Was up at 3am and didn't fall back asleep until 530 - this is pretty typical for me.

I had an appt this morning with my midwife. I do have protein in my urine which confirms my diagnosis of pre-e. Luckily my blood pressures are still okay and I don't have any other symptoms. Now it's just a waiting game with plenty of close monitoring!

QOTD: I've only been on BR for 3 days but so far my mom has been the most supportive. She takes me to my appts, went grocery shopping, and already did a load of laundry not to mention keeping me company throughout the day. DH is great too but he has to work every day so he's just not around as much.
  • I just realized I hadn't posted a response to today's check-in...

Sleep is alright, but I wake up so super sore!! My back and my hips hurt and my spd pain is freaking ridiculous in the morning.

My bp's were good today. Nothing to cause alarm so I'm hoping it'll stay that way and I won't get a pre-e diagnosis

QOTD: Dh and my mom have been the ones who have done the most. And it works out pretty good because dh is home all day then goes to work from 4p-midnight and my mom gets out at 5p so she has the evening shift with me lol. My mil also comes by on the weekends to help dh with laundry and she also helps keep up with paying some bills for us... with our money off course! lol

As far as surprises... some ladies from our church have made meals for us which was unexpected and really kind on their part. I also was unpleasantly surprised by the lack of support from my two oldest/best friends. We've been friends since elementary school but I rarely get texts from them and I've only seen them probably twice the whole time I've been on br... and we all live in the same town! I know they're busy and have their own responsibilities, I just thought it would be different...
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • After being put on bed rest because of my cervix shortening and crinone my one week follow up apt. Today put my cervix back at 2.8! It was 1.9 last Wed. And I had a lot of pressure. I also was finally diagnosed today with hydrophrenosis which affects the kidneys and has been the cause of my back aches and trips to the ER. At least I know now that I wasn't imaging things! It's been a long road but I'm hoping for a few boring weeks:) I am most excited to know I can move and go outside a bit. That will help me relax and get to enjoy life a bit.
    Started ttc may 2012 Me:32. Dh:31 SA- 4% morphology Fsh:9.1 possibly not always ovulating Hysteroscopy/lLap 7/13 resulted in polyp removal, uterine septum, and mild endo stage 1 removed 10/13 IVF #1 successful 
    BabyFruit Ticker}

• flerlgirlflerlgirl member
    edited March 2014
    @fuccimama, please tell your husband thank you for his service!! 

eta I meant from me... not like you aren't doing it enough. 

• TRS48TRS48 member
    @amwenz‌ sooo glad to hear the good news about your cervix lengthening!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Fuccimama said:
    @flerlgirl will do, I knew what you meant! Thanks, now he will do his little he feels he is an important E6 smile and chuckle LOL! DH is a very silly, happy-go-lucky person
    haha! He sounds fun. I imagine a sense of humor helps with his job! 

• amwenzamwenz member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks @TRS48 we have a long road together but we will get there. Glad to read you felt movement...I love that! My baby was quiet yesterday so I'm hoping for an active day today:)
    Started ttc may 2012 Me:32. Dh:31 SA- 4% morphology Fsh:9.1 possibly not always ovulating Hysteroscopy/lLap 7/13 resulted in polyp removal, uterine septum, and mild endo stage 1 removed 10/13 IVF #1 successful 
    BabyFruit Ticker}

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"