TTC After a Loss
Options

GTKY: Best Advice You Were Ever Given

Please share your collective wisdom on the masses.  What was the best advice you were ever given?  Who gave it to you?  And how long did it take for you to realize its wisdom?

Mine was that you gather more flies with honey than vinegar.  It's a phrase that I've heard a million times but that I never really listened to until I read Dale Carnegie's "How To Win Friends & Influence People" this past year.  I have been putting that advice to work a lot lately and I am finding that I am getting much better results at work and with others.  
BFP#1 - M/C on 12/23/13
~*~*~December 2014 PGaL ~*~*~
Rainbow baby born on 12/19/2014

Re: GTKY: Best Advice You Were Ever Given

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your life isn't your job. My dad told me that after I left my career and felt bad about going to retail to make ends meet. It took me a good two years to let go of my ego and realize I enjoy life more withoutthe stress Iput on myself.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options
    My Dad once told me,"Don't let you avocation become your vocation." But he also told me to make sure my career was a result of my passion. Very hard to juggle between the two advices and how to allow both to collide. Regardless, my Dad is the smartest man I know and the one I turn to for any financial advice.

~ES~

~*~EVERYONE always welcome!!~*~
    TTC #1 since October 2012
    BFP #1 11/22/12 EDD 7/29/13 MMC 1/14/13, D&C 1/16/13
    BFP #2 5/7/13 EDD 1/14/2014 Ectopic discovered 5/21/13, lost left tube
    Referred to RE, blood work done August 2013, AMH 0.27, all else normal, HSG clear
    BFP #3 12/1/13 EDD 8/8/14, MC 12/24/13
    January 2014: RE #2, blood work repeated, homozygous MTHFR c677t, SHG clear
    BFP #4 4/7/14 EDD 12/15/14 Our rainbow was born 12/6/14 at 4:26pm! <3 

• Options
    jenkellenjenkellen member
    edited March 2014
    You can't take it with you. You will look back and wish you did this or that, not that you bought this or that.

Wait 24 hours. If I'm fired up about something I tend to wait a day to see if I still feel the same. Usually after that time I realize it doesn't matter.

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• Options
    You have to accept your parents for who they are and let go of some of the bad stuff. I learned that and try to refrain from holding on to the past and negative emotions.

BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11
    BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12   BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate) HSG 6/13-all clear BFP#4 11/18/13 natural m/c on 11/23  IVF #1 (Natural IVF Cycle) May 2014- Cycle failed (embryo did not make it to blast) BFP#5-7/26/14 GROW BABY GROW    IT'S A BOY DUE 4/5/15!

• Options
    "Is it really worth it" I use this almost daily with my students when they do small things that may irritate me.  I think to myself, is it really worth trying to fix or is it really not that big of a deal in the long run.  I am not sure who gave me this advice but it has saved my life on several occasions.

• Options

"Sometimes Silence is the better part of Valor"  Our BDE XO said this to me after I chewed out a CSM for being a condescending ass and he was butt hurt.  I was right, but I should have been more tactfully polite in my reply or ignored him...but that just isn't me. 

It's helped my communication skills when dealing with morons, mainly so I remain professional.  But I can't say that it sank in right away, it took a few  years and I still have to catch myself, pause, think, re-evaluate what I want to say and then speak. 

Me: 34, DH: 32
    TTC Since September 2012
    Dx-PCOS, Anovulation, highly irregular cycles
    March 2013 Comid 50 mg+ TI #1: BFN
    April 2013 Clomid mg + TI #2: BFN
    IVM#1 Aug 2012: BFN
    20 FEB 2014:  CP
    IUI #1 Clomid 100mg  24 FEB 2014: BFN

IUI #2 Clomid 100mg  21 MAR 2014: BFN

IUI#3 Follistim & trigger 21 May 2014: BFN

IVF #1 Follistim & Menopur: 14R, 9M, 7F, transfered 2 day 3 8 cell embies

Beta #1: 7/30: 41  Beta #2 8/1: 96   Beta #3 8/4: 796   EDD:4/9/15

imageimageimage

All Welcome 

• Options
    "Choose joy". One of the greatest women I know has this as a tattoo. At first I didn't understand but now it helps me to let go of the stress and anger that I could dwell on if I didn't choose joy?
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    "The center holds." It's a bit abstract I guess but my mom told me this back in college when I was first dealing with panic disorder. My depression was bad and she sent me an email reminding me that when my life seems to be falling apart, my core being, who I am, is still there and will stay strong. I often repeat that line to myself when I feel like I'm losing it. Love my mom!
    Love this!
    BFP#1 - M/C on 12/23/13
    ~*~*~December 2014 PGaL ~*~*~
    Rainbow baby born on 12/19/2014

• Options
    Will this matter a year from now? 

I have to really keep myself in check with this--because otherwise, my worry about every situation will be consuming my life.  
  • Options
    Never loan money you can't afford to lose. My uncle told me this. My dad passed away when I was 20 and my uncle kind of assumed a fatherly role. I'm don't think that is the best advice I have ever gotten, but it has applied to my life lately. Certain family members seem to think I'm a bank.

TTC since May 2013
    BFP #1 11/22/13 EDD 7/31/14
    MMC 13 weeks - discovered 2/13/14 at 16 weeks - Trisomy 13 - D&C 2/14/14
    BFP #2 10/9/14 EDD 6/22/15
    ~Everyone is welcome~
  • Options
    AggieBeth06AggieBeth06 member
    edited March 2014
    Living child mentioned***

"You never know how you'll find the strength to do what you need to do until you have to do it."

It's not verbatim... My great grandma told my grandma this and she shared it with me last year through some tough medical issues with my son.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    @blackbird818‌ - I showed too. Primarily steers, but I started with heifers.

Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    Very cool @AggieBeth06!!  :-bd  I showed mostly heifers but had a few steers through the years. Did you grow up in Texas? I'm an OK girl. There's a couple of us on here that show. @taberbtb & I PM back & forth about cattle all the time :D
  • Options
    Speak less. Listen more. 

I still have to work on this one, but when I follow this advice I'm always glad that I did.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Very cool @AggieBeth06!!  :-bd  I showed mostly heifers but had a few steers through the years. Did you grow up in Texas? I'm an OK girl. There's a couple of us on here that show. @taberbtb & I PM back & forth about cattle all the time :D

EDITED- stupid bump format burps...

Yes, but we did a lot of jackpots in North Texas/Panhandle. We bought most of our stock west of Abeline.

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    EDITED- stupid bump format burps... Yes, but we did a lot of jackpots in North Texas/Panhandle. We bought most of our stock west of Abeline.
    Yea I grew up in very SW Oklahoma right on the TX border.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

EDITED- stupid bump format burps...

Yes, but we did a lot of jackpots in North Texas/Panhandle. We bought most of our stock west of Abeline.

I bet we know some of the same people. It's such a small world.

I saw your DH's groom's cake and almost asked if it was a trim chute... :)

Feel free to PM me about it. We sold our stock several years ago but it's still interesting to me.

OP, sorry for the derail. This is a great topic, and I feel good after reading everyone's contributions.

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    EDITED- stupid bump format burps... Yes, but we did a lot of jackpots in North Texas/Panhandle. We bought most of our stock west of Abeline.
    I bet we know some of the same people. It's such a small world. I saw your DH's groom's cake and almost asked if it was a trim chute... :) Feel free to PM me about it. We sold our stock several years ago but it's still interesting to me. OP, sorry for the derail. This is a great topic, and I feel good after reading everyone's contributions.
    Yeah it was a chute. DH is a fitter/steer jock, and we actually met at a stockshow.

Ditto sorry for the post hijack OP
  • Options
    this one is kind of silly, but my mom used to tell me about men and relationships - "one monkey don't stop no show."

BFP 7/16/13, EDD 3/27/14 - blighted ovum  - D&C 8/26/13
    Dx PCOS and Septate Uterus
    Septum Resection - 2/6/14
    brand new cuterus
    March 2014:   first medicated cycle + iui
    = BFP!
    Baby Drgn born December 3, 2014

• Options
    "You have to, have to, HAVE to stop apologizing."

It was recently actually, from someone I just started to get to know on twitter lol. It was completely out of the blue and it had a big impact on me. I never realized just how much I apologized for who I am, what I think, how I say something etc. etc. when there is absolutely nothing I should be apologizing for.

In fact, just after that I had a disconnect with my best friend of many, many years and when I looked back on the correspondence, none of it would have gone the way it did if I simply didn't apologize for something I shouldn't have in the first place.

So I'm trying to remember that more now and be more confident in who I am and what I say and do. And just own my choices more.

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ***All always welcome!!***

• Options
    I have two pieces of advice that tie in my world.  Never go to bed angry- I make it a priority to talk things out and resolve issues, if I can, before bed.  Especially with my husband.

The other is to forgive and let go- not because they deserve it but because you deserve peace.  If I don't forgive, the person still has power over me and I don't like to allow that to happen.  Still working on this one!
    BFP 11/2012: EDD 7/19/2013: MC 12/17/12
    imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My dad - may he rest in peace- had wonderful advice that I still live by to this day:

My favorite - "if you can't get out of it, then you better get into it"

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"