Nurseries and Baby Gear

Insane gift giving - am I alone?

Am I the only one that goes absolutely nutso buying gifts for friends having babies? I spend so much money! Why?!?
Lisa
Mom to Kendrick (12.20.12) and wife to Josh (married 9.18.10)
Now expecting #2!
BF for 14 months! (while working full time and traveling 50% of the time boy am I tired! haha)

Re: Insane gift giving - am I alone?

• And it's not like I just buy clothes and blankets like most people do I try to get them all the functional things that worked well for me. But I just feel like I get too out of control with it lol
    Lisa
    Now expecting #2!
    BF for 14 months! (while working full time and traveling 50% of the time boy am I tired! haha)
  • I think it's easy to want to give new moms we love ALL THE THINGS that we loved and worked for us. It's one of the few things you can do to offer your advice/knowledge that isn't taken as being pushy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok good so I'm not crazy! You're right that makes sense! I bought about $100 in stuff for some good friends at their shower then going to see them at the hospital and almost bought another $100 for baby and momma! But I think I'm gonna scale it back a bit and take some back. But it adds up fast and baby stuff isn't cheap!
    Lisa
    Now expecting #2!
  • You're not crazy!  I want to buy everything that worked for me, or maybe the item not on their registry that I really loved.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Totally guilty if this!! I think it's because I love buying baby stuff but we already have so much stuff I can't buy it for myself so I get off buying it for others :\">
  • This is why I try to handmake my gifts. Allows me to channel my thoughts and efforts so I spend less money. At least that's what I tell myself while in the check out line at the fabric store with an arm load of supplies.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My go to gift now is Happiest Baby on the Block DVD + halo sleep sack n Swaddle + wubbanub. All things I learned on these boards and probably wouldn't have known about otherwise. I too want to buy all the stuff I know works and often spend too much.

• I also love buying people baby presents! Wish DH would be down with me spending $200 on my friends because I easily could!!
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"