June 2013 Moms

WWJ13D? Chicken pox related

This is a dumb question so sorry in advance. A local daycare center has had a couple of cases of chicken pox crop up in the past week or two. A friend of mine's son goes to that daycare so he may or may not have been exposed. My friend wants to get together to go walking tomorrow and I can't decide if I should or not. If the babies are in separate strollers and don't touch or get close do I still run the risk of exposing DD?
My Book Blog

my read shelf:
Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: WWJ13D? Chicken pox related

• My friend's 4 month old just got chicken pox from an older kid playdate and it is no fun. I'd be a no-go. It's impossible to keep babies in a bubble.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Personally, I would no go.

Im pretty relaxed when it comes to illness's (in terms of COLDS and such). Things like chicken pox would scare me at this age.

Married: 04-13-12 

SS: 12-13-02 | SD: 12-13-02

DS: 6-8-13 | Sept 15' #2

• Loading the player...
  • I have never had the chicken pox so I definitely wouldn't go. I would just ask to reschedule and not get into the details.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • I would reschedule for another day. Not worth risking it. As a side note, when I was a kid the thing to do once one kid got chicken pox was to invite over anyone who hadn't had them yet in the hopes of getting it over with.

My parents did that too! But I was also like 5 too.
    Married: 04-13-12 

SS: 12-13-02 | SD: 12-13-02

DS: 6-8-13 | Sept 15' #2

• I wouldn't go either. 

My sister and I attended several "Pox Parties" when I was young but neither of us ever got them. 

My mother had a horrible, hospitalized for 3 weeks, case of chicken pox when she was 17 so she was really worried about us getting it. 

I did get the vaccine though a few years ago. 
  • Thanks ladies! I was worried that I might be a little paranoid for not wanting to go.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• lioness13 said:
    I have never had the chicken pox so I definitely wouldn't go. I would just ask to reschedule and not get into the details.
    This.  I would be too scared Lily would get it.  However, if she is anything like me, the vaccine is going to be the only way that she comes close to the chicken pox.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"