Nurseries and Baby Gear

Baby monitors

We are trying to decide between the Levana(snuza) and the Angel care. I've seen them both mentioned on here in the past, and would like to get opinions from those who have used either. She will be in our room for at least a few weeks so we are holding off on the need for a video monitor unless we get the angel care but also since she's not going to be in her crib right away I feel like we should go with the Levana. I think I really just like the temperature feature on the angel care.
TTC#1 since Dec. 2010- 12/2011 Hyperthyroid with Grave's
10/2012= DX unexplained IF
IUI #2- 4/25/13- BFP 5/9/13- CP
IUI#4- 9/3/13- BFP 9/17/13- EDD 05/27/14
First ultrasound 10/8/13- 7weeks 130bpm
12/23/13 18 weeks 152bpm BABY GIRL!
Annabel Rose
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Baby monitors

• ss265ss265 member
    Are you saying that you are getting one of the movement monitors instead of a video monitor? I have heard that the movement monitors don't work very well once the babies get older so you will probably have to get the video monitor then.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry, I was rambling in my post. We will also be getting a video monitor, but for the beginning we will just get the movement monitor. Unless we chose the angel care, which we would get the one that comes with a video monitor.
    Annabel Rose
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I got the Snuza and the Samsung video monitor highly recommend for peace of mind. I like the Snuza more because my son didn't always sleep in the same place so I could use it even if he slept in the swing, pack n play, rock n play, or crib.
    Lisa
    Mom to Kendrick (12.20.12) and wife to Josh (married 9.18.10)
    Now expecting #2!
    BF for 14 months! (while working full time and traveling 50% of the time boy am I tired! haha)
  • We had a very old hand-me-down Angel Care monitor with DS1, which was really great for our peace of mind - I would highly recommend some sort of movement monitor.  The Angel Care was kind of dead after we were done with it for DS1, though, so we decided to try the Levana Oma/Snuza Go! this time around.  I don't have any experience with it yet, but I like the fact that it clips onto baby's diaper, so you can use it in multiple places (awesome for traveling).  It has very good reviews on Amazon (better than the Angel Care monitors).

Just so you know, Snuza was bought out by Levana, who renamed the products but didn't change them at all.  I was going to buy the Snuza Go! on Amazon for $89, until I found this out.  The Levana Oma, which is EXACTLY the same, is only $69!

• I assumed that snuza had just been renamed, it's good to hear they didn't change anything with the product. I think we are leaning more toward the snuza, we do travel a lot and she will sleep in multiple places in our house.

Does anyone have any feedback on how the snuza works with cloth diapers? Any problems with it?
    Annabel Rose
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"