September 2014 Moms
Options

MaterniT21 positive for Down Syndrome

2»

Re: MaterniT21 positive for Down Syndrome

• Options
    I admire your outlook and positive attitude to this unexpected news. I will be keeping your family in my T&P's, and I hope that you receive good news at your 20 week ultrasound.
  • Options
    My heart goes out to you.. I wish you all the best and am really hoping for positive news at your A/S and following echo!
    Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your MIL is right. And you have an amazing outlook. Best wishes to you and your family. Sending hugs.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a baby with Down syndrome at 23. You really have no idea how much love and life that child will bring into your family! we were lucky as our daughter had no heart problems and has been very healthy. She is now 9 and the light of our lives. I wish you the best of luck and congratulations!!!!
  • Options
    What state are you from? The ndss is a great resource to find local Suppoet groups in your area.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear this, but you attitude is incredible. With a mother like you, this baby will do nothing but thrive. Your children are the lucky ones to have you. Good luck to you and I hope you can have the birthing experience you want in the hospital you want and that all goes smoothly.
    BabyName Ticker}
  • Options
    Your attitude and outlook are amazing. What a blessing that this baby will be loved by you!

I get my results on Monday as thus hasn't been far from my thoughts. Please read the book "Bloom"--- I read it last pregnancy when I was told my risk was very high. We opted not to do further testing but to be grateful for our gift. My son is perfectly healthy, however, this book brought me to a place of peace and acceptance in the months we waited for him to arrive.

God Bless you, your family and your beautiful gift you are carrying inside!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    You are such a great mama and this is one lucky baby.  Your DS will be a great friend to this baby and they will be so good to each other.  They will help each other in their own ways.  I hope the a/s and echo go well.  I will be thinking of you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    You are such a great mama and this is one lucky baby.  Your DS will be a great friend to this baby and they will be so good to each other.  They will help each other in their own ways.  I hope the a/s and echo go well.  I will be thinking of you.

• Options

• Options
    It sounds like you are going to be a wonderful mother to your baby.  You have a great outlook and perspective in the face of challenging news.  Big hugs to you.
  • Options

Big ((((Hugs)))). The pp were able to say it so perfectly so I'll just leave you hugs.

FX that your sweet little baby does not have any cardiac problems and you are able to deliver in the hospital that you choose.

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</a>[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/43ff7d]
    [img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/43ff7d/ttc.png[/img]
    [/
    RA with Sjogren's Syndrome. Risk of heart block in newborn. Age: DH and I are both 38.
    BFP #1: 11/25/2007, EDD 7/28/2008 - Missed m/c (blighted ovum) 12/6/2007 6w3d, D&C 1/3/2008.
    BFP #2: 4/2008 - Natural m/c at 6w.
    Met with RE in 5/2008 full cycle analysis and SA normal. Not considered high risk for blood clots but prescribed 1 baby aspirin a day precautionary during TTC and Progesterone suppositories during 1st trimester of pregnancy.
    BFP #3: 10/17/2008. EDD 6/23/2009,  Third time's the charm! Healthy baby boy born 6/27/2009 via emergency c-section.
    BFP #4: 6/14/2011. Healthy baby boy born 2/16/2012 via elective c-section.
    BFP #5: 1/15/2014. EDD 9/22/2014. 
    2/17/14:.We have a BABY!!! Heart rate 167 and measuring on time. 3/10/14 u/s #2 baby measuring perfectly at 12 weeks at heart rate of 166. NT u/s was normal. Maternit21 blood draw on 3/5/14. Results back on 3/19 - Normal.  It's a BOY!!!  4/10/14 at 16 weeks, 3 days discovered baby's heart stopped at 15 weeks, 6 days. D&C 4/11/14.  Pathology results were all normal.  New information on 8/11/14 - blood test revealed 1/3 of babys blood was in mine caused, most likely, by a tear in the placenta from extreme coughing.  Doctor believes this to be the cause of death.  Repeat D&C and Hysteroscopy scheduled for 8/19/14.  My Chart

• Options

I am sending many t&ps your way.  As everyone says you have a great outlook, it makes a great basis for a loving family.

• Options
    I cannot imagine the shock when you found out, but your outlook is just amazing. This child is so fortunate to be born into your family. I really admire your positivity. Huge hugs to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers for LO's heart! A child with downs syndrome is going to make things a little different, but also that much sweeter! My husband and I just had testing done this past Friday. We both knew that if any results come back positive it would make us love our child that much more. We are nervous, but your words brought a peace to me. Bless you!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Your words are inspiring to me. It sounds like this baby got the perfect mommy!
  • Options
    You're strength and positive outlook are something to admire. Your mother in law also has a great perspective and it sounds like your family will have all the love and support it needs. Keep us updated... I will be sending you and your little one lots of positive vibes and prayers for a healthy heart!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • Options
    OP, I think your outlook is inspiring.  And I agree with what your MIL said about your DS.  My father was oldest of 5 sons, and #3 had Down Syndrome.  I know all my uncles were better men for it.  
    Anniversary

• Options
    You have such an amazing outlook on this. Your sweet baby is already so blessed to have you as a mommy! Thoughts and Prayers sent your way!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was just going to quote this lovely poem. You may be on a journey that most of us will never experience but with your new maps and travel guides you will experience a beautiful inspiring journey that will only make you stronger, more resilient and a deeper understanding of compassion will come from you and embrace those around you who love you and your new beautiful baby.
  • Options
    *****Lurking*****

Congrats on your baby.  I had a surprise birth diagnosis for my little girl. She is the most wonderful and loving little girl. Your boy will love the baby and think nothing of the baby having Ds.  Your older boy will be a role model and help your new one so much in life.  My little girl loves being around all children.  Praying for a healthy heart and no other health issues.  I would look into a Down Syndrome support group in your area.  They can help you with resources available in your area.   Your baby will be very fortunate having such a loving family. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"