Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How soon did you

Leave your baby to cry themselves to sleep in crib instead of picking them up?

Re: How soon did you

• Options

I don't and I won't...ever.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    There were two huge discussions about this just a couple of weeks ago. Just sayin....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Rarely. My 2.5 year old as CIOd approx. twice in her life. And she was well over 1 both times and testing boundaries more than a sleep issue.

A baby little enough for this board, no way and I'm tough love on a lot of things.

We do the "fuss" thing too though. My first needed 10 minutes to work her days problems out apparently. We let her be unless it was full out wailing.

My DS is 4 weeks today and we're just starting it for 5 minutes or so. He seems to like the time to stretch out and whine a bit. I get him at the first sign of a cry or if it's been going on over 5 minutes.

To each their own and while CIO isn't really for me I see the need and understand why people do it, I just don't think it's acceptable until 8 months to a year. Before that I feel like they have no idea what's going on.

• Options
    My LO is 3 and 1/2 months and normally if she gets fussy we put her down and she is out within a minute. Sometimes if shes fighting it we will let her cry for five minutes and if shes not asleep and we cant soothe her to sleep, we get her out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"