Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

High blood pressure post partum?!

I am 4 months post partum. my blood pressure throughout my entire pregnancy was perfect. When I had my son, it was perfect in the hospital. I was there 4 days with a csection.

At my 6 week post partum visit, it was a bit high. My OB brushed it off, saying it was probably a random thing.

Well, I'm at my parents house, and my dad has a blood pressure machine, so I decided to check it. It's high. Like really high. It was 160/90. I checked again this morning and it was 140/90. I normally run 120/80 or 110/70

I'm baffled! And freaking out a bit.

I take thyroid medication due to a complete thyroidectomy from cancer. However, I recently had bloodwork, and my labs came back okay.

I plan on caing my primary care doctor on Monday, but was wondering if anyone has experienced this. It's a bit unnerving!??
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My BFP Chart
BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!

Re: High blood pressure post partum?!

• Options
    My situation was a little different but I developed post partum preeclampsia. It's quite rare but does happen. I was on BP meds for about 6 weeks til it resolved.
    Talk to your dr but listen to your body. If you're having headaches and dizziness don't wait it out. You'll probably just need to monitor your BP randomly throughout the day for
    A few days to see what it's doing.

If you feel good than trust that and I hope your dr has some good advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"