Parenting
Options

Recommend your crock pot/slow cooker!

So, DH and I have a crock pot that is over 10 years old. As I mentioned in the Sunday SPAM, I believe about a month ago I threw out the lid. Ooops. So now it seems like I will need a new crock pot :) 

Recommend yours please!
My daughter is my hero.

Re: Recommend your crock pot/slow cooker!

• Options
    I have this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EZI26DW/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1394990263&sr=8-3&pi=SX200_QL40

I pretty much love it. The switching to warm thing is a big plus for me.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    We have had this one for years now, and it still works perfectly.  Completely programmable with auto-keep-warm.  I also like that it's rectangular in shape (the base), so it fits in the cupboard better. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EZI26DW/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1394990263&sr=8-3&pi=SX200_QL40

I pretty much love it. The switching to warm thing is a big plus for me.

This is what we have. I love it. I use it all the time.

image image
  • Options
    Thank you for the recommendations. Right now, I am definitely looking for an oblong one. We have one now that I use to cook a pulled pork and pork tenderloin. I definitely like the oblong one better. The programming feature is a neat feature. Part of the reason I didn't use mine as much was because of the lack of the programming feature. Many recipes call for it took for 5 or 6 hours, and many times I wouldn't be home from work until later. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    Is there such a thing as a crock pot with a delayed start feature? Mine is programmable and goes to warm after it's done but if I'm gone for 10 hours and it's on warm for 4 hours, things are not so yummy anymore. Like if you put things in frozen then it didn't start up until 2 hours later? KWIM?
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options
    I was complaining IRL about the lack of a delayed start and my aunt brought up that leaving meat on the counter for 4 hours before cooking was not healthy. I know I wouldn't do it with room temperature raw meat, but maybe companies are afraid dumb assess would and they'd get lots of food poisoning bad press.

Also, I've heard you can buy a light timer to plug the crockpot into to make it delayed. I feel like I have to set mine to low/high for it to start though, so I'm not sure it would work for everyone.
  • Options
    Soxgirl07 said:

I was complaining IRL about the lack of a delayed start and my aunt brought up that leaving meat on the counter for 4 hours before cooking was not healthy. I know I wouldn't do it with room temperature raw meat, but maybe companies are afraid dumb assess would and they'd get lots of food poisoning bad press.

Also, I've heard you can buy a light timer to plug the crockpot into to make it delayed. I feel like I have to set mine to low/high for it to start though, so I'm not sure it would work for everyone.

I was thinking of getting a light timer too! But then i 'd need a new crock pot because mine only starts with programming. I need one with just a dial for temp.

How's this for a FWP??
    SQUIRREL!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"