Parenting

NOLA

I'm excited and nervous for our trip to NOLA. I need to ask what we should do there so we don't look like total first-time-away-without-the-baby-deer-in-headlights-tourists. And I don't want to get maced (like mbenny shared yesterday)! Suggestions??? Please and thank you. I'll check in a bit later. Baby is up.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NOLA

• When I went, we went to see this brass brand call Rebirth. We saw them at this tiny bar, and it was one of the most entertaining things I've ever seen. They were so much fun! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • In May. :)

• Fun stuff! I'm excited for food and hurricane drinks! We are there for two nights only @HilarityEnsued‌ so best of the best from your list if you please.

We will be with SIL and BIL for some of it. They walk on the wild side so I expect a nice blend of intrigue and bead clutching on my part.

• I want to go back!! Everyone gave you great info!! MH ate himself sick! Haha

We did at night though leave the French Quarter near Cafe du Monde and if you go back few streets... not in the best neighborhood...BUT the locals would play at the few bars back there! It was awesome!! Very crowded because once word got out alot went back there :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• edited March 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks all! What a great list of to dos! We will try to hit as many places as we can in the short time we have. Challenge accepted!

• Oh my god yes you must go to Port of Call. My favorite restaurant in the entire world is Jacques-Imo's which is Uptown. It is really down and dirty but the vibe of the place is just the best and the food is absolutely the best Cajun/Creole food ever.
    We went to Jacques-Imo's too, and it was really good. And we got to meet the chef! He was wacky...let me try to find the pic.

Pic.jpg 53.2K

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Cool @CrazyCornball‌, I just might.

• I was there about 10 years ago. One word for you: beignets! (You'll find some good ones at Cafe DuMonde)
  • Beignets at cafe du munde! I may have spelled that wrong.... Ask locals for places to eat. There are awesome restaurants there but I can't think of any of the names off the top of my head. Most of The touristy ones in the French quarter aren't very good in my opinion. I used to go there often for work but have only been once or twice over the last year so names are escaping me...
  • Are you going for jazzfest or later in May?  love love love NOLA

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Are you going for jazzfest or later in May?  love love love NOLA

Early May but we will miss jazzfest by a few days. :(

• I want to go to NOLA so bad.... so so bad.

Someday :(

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"