Parenting

Re: More anti-vax celebs

• Besides the obvious issues, the quotes in that article do not make her seem intelligent.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• LexiLupin said:

"There is a pediatric group called Homestead, or shoot, Homestead or Home First, now I'm pregnancy brain I gotta confuse them,but they've never vaccinated any of their children and they've never had one case of autism. And now, one in 88 boys is autistic which is a really scary statistic," Cavallari said.

Well then.

This is what I was referring to. I just... What?
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Loading the player...
  • The only positive side I see in her statement is that it is so unintelligent and unintelligible that maybe (maybe) even anti-vaxers won't/can't use it to support their side. Maybe. 

Oh, and Jay Cutler, whatever small amount of respect the people of Chicago had for you as a mediocre quarterback and boring human being is totally gone.  You are stupid. 
  • I didn't even read the article...every time I see her name, I cringe. Watch one clip of The Hills and you will understand. I can just imagine that anything she has to say is in the realm of intelligence.
  • Oh, and there's just nothing you can do to fix this kind of stupid.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • What an idiot. And I can't believe she would even go there without even knowing the name of the fake institute to support her claims. What an irresponsible jackass. I also don't think her stat is right. I believe it's 1 in 88 of all children, with odds for boys being 1 in 54.

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • I am joyful that an anti-vax thread managed to totally surprise me by turning into a Justin Bobby lovefest!!!!  Haha, so many lovetits

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• FTWR said:
    LexiLupin said:
    "There is a pediatric group called Homestead, or shoot, Homestead or Home First, now I'm pregnancy brain I gotta confuse them,but they've never vaccinated any of their children and they've never had one case of autism. And now, one in 88 boys is autistic which is a really scary statistic," Cavallari said. Well then.
    lol wut?

Like what the actual mother fuck?! *****RAGE******
    HomeFirst. Mayer Eisenstein, in the Chicago suburbs. He's the fucking scariest quack who ever quacked and the idiot anti-vaxers around here flock to him in droves. He claims he's never once had a patient with autism...and he sells the HGC diet, too.

I wouldn't help him if he were about to get hit by a bus.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • @justaphase‌, Justin Bobby news made my day!
  • mbenit4 said:

The fact that they are even having a conversation with her about a topic like this is beyond me.

That's true. I also hope Fox at least has the decency to distance themselves from this.

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • Where is my PIP of Brody Jenner?!

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• LuckyDad said:
    Is she a celebrity?

I've heard the name... was she on The Hills?
    I was literally going to type the exact same thing. But more in the vein of The Hills hasn't been on in years, wth cares about this broad.

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• I miss the Hills. I miss Laguna Beach even more. FFFC?

If missing Laguna Beach is wrong I don't want to be right. I freaking loved that show.

Bet Stephen is counting his lucky stars right now. Talen too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• piffle42 said:

Kailyn from Teen Mom 2 just admitted she's not vaxing either. The dumb must be contagious over at MTV

She irritates the shit out of me so I'm not shocked

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Lastly, to totally steal what Toledo over on ML said:

Books = FB memes 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• I like how his name is Bro-dy.
    So appropriate.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.

• I feel so bad for nurses and pediatricians and OBs.  Seriously.  They are starting to encounter this BS more and more and I don't know how they handle it without losing it on people.  If I were a pedi, i would refuse to see their child as a patient.  I guess that doesn't help though because they've obviously located some crackpot who happens to be a pediatrician also.

Some anti-vaxer on my friend's list on FB was recently investigated by CPS related to this.  She seems to think some grave injustice is being done to her.....it is sad.

Pretty much the first thing out of our pedi's mouth after introductions was "Just to let you know, we don't see families who have philosophical objections to vaccines." And then I hugged her.

Not really, but I wanted to.

I feel like every medical professional we met at Owen's birth and his PCP were relieved we wanted to follow the CDC schedule.

I automatically lose respect for anyone who comes out as an anti-vaxxer. At least one family we're friends with chose not to vaccinate their son and it frustrates me because they are otherwise intelligent people. I just can't believe they wouldn't take others' health into account. It shouldn't be a choice, it should be common sense to vaccinate.
  • She's a fucking idiot.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers photo 11E5F5F6-4D0F-49E1-B9B6-320CF42213BE_zpspw0gd9zw.jpg photo 4dcf6524-f3e2-4099-82e2-545cd6740157_zpsb9a1d5a3.jpg
  • I only know who she is from reading people.com. Officially on team she's an asshole.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • I have a friend on FB from high school. She's a nurse. She believes in the vax conspiracy. She makes me rage. I posted the story about measles in NYC yesterday hoping she would see it and stop spreading misinformation. Her job as a nurse worries me because people may mistakenly trust her.
    My mother is a nurse. Master's level, 30 years of experience. She pitched a royal hissy fit when I insisted that my dad  get his pertussis booster before visiting when H was born. She didn't want my 63 year old father to catch autism. Never mind that pertussis with his heart condition would probably kill him, she's worried about The Autism.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • I hate when people cite the statistics as though they prove more kids are on the spectrum, disregarding the fact that more kids are being properly evaluated and diagnosed.

Also WTAF at believing an adult would develop autism from the pertussis vaccine.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"