VBAC
Options

DH is terrified of me having a VBAC

I had my 20 week check up today an my husband and daughter came along to hear the baby's heartbeat. The doctor asked me what my plans for delivery are (like he does at every appt) and I said I'd really like to not have a RCS. He said its up to us at this point and to do our own research and went on to explain the risks. He pretty much said with a VBAC the risks are more on the baby, like if my uterus ruptures the baby could have brain damage or not make it, and that a RCS the risks are pretty much more on the mother. He did say the risks are minimal but still there. Now my husband is terrified of me having a VBAC and something happening to the baby. He sees the c-section as the safest route all together. I'm still undecided about it but it makes it tougher to know that he feels that way. He swears he wouldn't, but I feel like if I go with the VBAC and something happens he will blame me. (Cross posted)

Re: DH is terrified of me having a VBAC

• Options
    The risks of a problem during RSC are higher than VBAC. However, you need to make sure you are a good candidate. Also, watch the second business of being born, there is a segment on vbac that is helpful and helped my husband a lot.
  • Options
    Jmom10 said:
    The risks of a problem during RSC are higher than VBAC. However, you need to make sure you are a good candidate. Also, watch the second business of being born, there is a segment on vbac that is helpful and helped my husband a lot.
    I just learned about the business of being born last night. I'm definitely going to watch it with him. I've been told I have a 50% chance of a successful VBAC mainly because I was 9 days past my due date my last pregnancy and showed no signs of going in to labor naturally so they don't know if I will go into labor by my due date. So far they said they won't let me go past my due date
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

schnookee said:
    Jmom10 said:
    I just learned about the business of being born last night. I'm definitely going to watch it with him. I've been told I have a 50% chance of a successful VBAC mainly because I was 9 days past my due date my last pregnancy and showed no signs of going in to labor naturally so they don't know if I will go into labor by my due date. So far they said they won't let me go past my due date
    Do you know why they won't let you go past your due date? I had my first VBAC at 11 days past my due date, and they were willing to let me go to 42 weeks before doing a c-section. I've seen a lot of women say that they're only given until 41 weeks (which I personally don't agree with), but that's at least a little better if they'll give you that extra week.
  • Options
    I don't know why they won't let me go past my due date but I'm going to ask at my next appointment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"