Parenting

Need cheap high back booster

Preferably with LATCH. This is for a vacation and not our everyday. Recommendations?

Re: Need cheap high back booster

• Why not take the one you have? Also, how much does the kid weigh? Latch shouldn't be used if kid and seat weigh more than 65 lbs. If you absolutely can't take the one you have, the Evenflo Maestro is decent for about $70, I know the Cosco Scenera gets good reviews, not sure about the Cosco high back though...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 22lj22lj member
    I just don't trust the airlines, they seriously damaged my Bumbleride in a part that is solid metal, I am just too nervous to trust them with my booster seats because they take and toss everything with no regard to what they are throwing. I was going to put them in a large suitcase which I have done before but a large suitcase is $100 and it might not fit in our rental car. I would rather waste the money on booster seats and not have to worry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah... I'm a little confused here. Are you looking for a 5pt or not? I don't think HBB have LATCH since they cannot be installed using a seat belt either (since the kid is using said seatbelt).
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • some new belt positioning boosters do have LATCH, to prevent it from becoming a projectile when a child isn't in it.  

how old is kiddo and what are their stats?

however long the night, dawn will break.

• DreadLoc said:
    some new belt positioning boosters do have LATCH, to prevent it from becoming a projectile when a child isn't in it.  

That makes some sense. Except for cars that don't have LATCH (like mine) or the new LATCH laws.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Baby Trend Hybrid.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • DreadLoc said:
    some new belt positioning boosters do have LATCH, to prevent it from becoming a projectile when a child isn't in it.  

That makes some sense. Except for cars that don't have LATCH (like mine) or the new LATCH laws.
    How old is your car to not have latch?
    It was made in 2001. So 1 year before LATCH was a "thing".

Also, I forgot about the rigid LATCH crap. I'm in brain fart central right now.
  • 22lj22lj member
    Both kids are in high back at home, they are 7 1/2 and 5 1/2. I need something rated well for safety but as cheap as possible, so it can be very basic if safe. We have Diono Monterey at home. Does anyone know if either of these are good or do I need to stick with Graco to get a safe lower price booster? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Harmony-Dreamtime-Deluxe-Comfort-Booster-Car-Seat-Silver/16439808 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Evenflo-Big-Kid-Sport-Booster-Car-Seat-Benton/21670231
  • any booster on the market is safe as long as it correctly positions the belt across the child's body, regardless of how flimsy or cheap it seems.  they all pass the same tests.

however long the night, dawn will break.

• I don't think any of the really inexpensive boosters have LATCH but like people already covered above, that's just a projectile "thing" so you can easily do without it.  Every seat on the market passes the same tests so they're all safe.  The Graco Turbo Booster is only about $50.  The Evenflo Big Kid is about $60.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"