C-sections
Options

low vertical incision

I had an emergency c/s after vaginal delivery for twin B and just found out it was a low vertical incision. My OB will actually let me VBAC but I'm not comfortable with it since there isn't much research at this point. If you have this type of incision, were you scheduled at 39 weeks or earlier? Just curious what the norm is since I know traditional vertical incisions are typically scheduled earlier.
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

Re: low vertical incision

• Options
    From what I've read, it's 39w or later with a RCS.

I had two RCS at 38w because my first was at 28w 4d and then I got pregnant 4 months after that pregnancy with my 2nd.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Kim22Kim22 member
    Most hospitals don't allow CS before 39 weeks anymore unless there is something wrong. My first was scheduled at 38 weeks but then the rules changed and my others were 39. (Went into labor on my own earlier with the first 2 though.)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't gone past 37 weeks, first was actually born at home due to fast labor and twins were a day shy of 37 weeks (to be expected). I'd prefer he stay on as long as possible, I was just curious.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options
    My first was born via emergency section at just under 37 weeks. I had PTL and PROM. My outside incision is horizontal but they had to cut vertically on my uterus to get him out. Due to being HR and PTL last time my doctors have RSC for 36 weeks and 2 days. They are very concerned about uterine rupture if I were to go into labor on my own. 
  • Options
    LolaX2 said:

My first was born via emergency section at just under 37 weeks. I had PTL and PROM. My outside incision is horizontal but they had to cut vertically on my uterus to get him out. Due to being HR and PTL last time my doctors have RSC for 36 weeks and 2 days. They are very concerned about uterine rupture if I were to go into labor on my own. 

This makes me think I should get a 2nd opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"