Parenting

Recommend a really romantic getaway

I need specifics. Destinations, but also specific resorts and hotel suggestions would be great. I posted a while back that DH is turning 40 this year. I was trying to decide between throwing him a party and going away (no kids). He really would like to go away. We would like to go for a long weekend. Someplace romantic. Maybe Caribbean or beach destination. We don't mind flying and would go in Oct. Any good recommendations?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Recommend a really romantic getaway

• We stayed at the Excellence Riviera Cancun in Puerto Morelos, Mexico. It was adults only and very relaxing. It is fairly close to the airport as well so not a ton of travel time. A bunch of my friends have stayed at resorts on Maroma Beachand loved it.
  • Casa Isabel in Puerto Vallarta -- It's a small (like 20 suites), adults-only resort in old town PV. It's up on a hill, so the views are AMAZING, there's an outdoor infinity pool, it's about a 10 minute walk to the beach and the staff is phenomenal. One of the walls in our rooms was floor-to-ceiling sliding doors that opened to our private balcony. And October is considered their off season, so it's cheaper. I highly recommend it! PM me if you want pics.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The most romantic place I've been is Paris, but it's not at all beachy (as I'm sure you know). DH and I just got back from Maui. We stayed at The Fairmont Kea Lani, and it was phenomenal! Very high end and lots to do.
  • MaebbMaebb member
    We loved Puerto Rico, and our favorite was El Conquistador resort in Fajardo. I think it's an hour or two from the airport, and you can either rent a car or get a shuttle for I think $40 pp. If you go, do the bioluminescent bay tour under the mangrove trees. It's like 10% scary/creepy (because the tour is at night and through this kind of tunnel of trees and then opens to a big bay under the moon) but 90% romantic and amazing.

As a side note that might be tmi, DS was conceived on that trip. :) Best souvenir ever.
  • My parents always enjoyed doing cruises. They do have more adult only cruises too. Just an idea.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach in Cabo. It was amazing. I went for a second honeymoon and I just want to go back. It's my happy place.
  • Ladera Resort in St. Lucia.  It only  has three walls, the fourth side you are open to the ocean on the side of a mountain.  I am not at all a nature/naked girl, but somehow I was fine with it there...it was weird.  It's like your inhibitions are all gone!

We went to Nayara in Costa Rica for our 10th year.  It was rated one of the most romantic hotels in the world.  Costa Rica didnt' take that long to fly to (but it did take 3 more hours to drive to the resort from the airport). 

We went to both of these places for 5 days because of travel time to/from.

If you want something domestic can't go wrong with Napa/Sonoma IMO.  Honor Mansion was pretty amazing.
  • We stayed at Excellence Riviera Maya for our honeymoon. All inclusive, adults only - AMAZING vacation.  Can't wait to go back some day
    image. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We stayed at the royal Catalonia in dr for our honeymoon. It was fantastic and not all the expensive. They have a bunch of rooms with private pools and it's connected to a larger resort if you want some nighttime dancing/gambling action. We loved it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"