January 2013 Moms
Options

Lunch and snack ideas

I'm running out of ideas for DD. please share!
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Lunch and snack ideas

• Options
    Me too, I was just thinking we should post photos of our LO's meals/snacks so we can share the ideas. It would be easier on IG!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    My LO is a pretty picky eater as well, unless of course it is fruit! Sometimes she'll eat something and seem to like it then the next time she is repulsed! Like hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, annie's mac/cheese, peanut butter on a banana, etc... I make a couscous dish that my LO is surprisingly always a fan of. Plus I just use whatever veggies I have on hand. Here is the recipe if you're interested: 
    israeli or pearl couscous just cooked in water according to package.  On the side, sautee veggies (could be zucchini, asparagus, or even a bag of frozen mixed carrots/beans/etc)
    For Dressing 

1 garlic clove, minced 
    1/8 teaspoon salt 
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard 
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 
    2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 
    1/4 teaspoon sugar 
    2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar 
    1/4 teaspoon basil leaves 
    1/8 teaspoon oregano leaves

We usually eat if for a couple of days and I love it too. I sprinkle feta on top 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My best go-to meals have been a meat/veggie/grain mix.  This week was ground turkey, steamed mixed veggies and parmesan cous cous.  The couscous rocks because i add grated cheese and mix it all together and it makes clumps that DD can just pick up and feed herself.  Easy!  I also mix veggies and cheese in scrambled eggs a lot.

We also do a lot of banana or zucchini breads for breakfasts.  They are easy to make healthy and DD loves them.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We do grilled cheese, hard boiled eggs, lunch meat with hummus rolled up, banana and peanut butter bites, PB&J, chicken macaroni salad, sweet potato fries, quinoa salad with strawberries and apples and poppy seed dressing, pasta salad, tortellini and tomato soup for lunches most days. For snacks yogurt mixed with fruit, cottage cheese and fruit, mandarin oranges, apple straws (the chips), puff corn popcorn, gold fish, homemade granola bars, and muffins. Our favorite muffin recipe is this. They are so good! I always make another batch for my mom because she loves them also. 
  • Options
    My girls love Spicy black bean veggie burgers, chili, beans, veggie corn dogs, minestrone soup and chicken and rice.  I always feel better after giving them soup because it has veggies in it.
  • Options

I found a "pancake" recipe that calls for 1 cup quick oats, 1/2 cup apple sauce and one egg. Put in a blender till it is a paste and then cook like pancake batter. I started with just the apple sauce and then started throwing other stuff in the blender.  Ended up with an apple, carrot, acorn squash pancake that is so good I eat them.  Great to pop in the freezer and heat for easy protein and fiber!

• Options
    I'm going to try the 'pancake' gigigrl. Thanks!
  • Options
    Things are pretty dull in our house to compared to all of you! For snacks we do cut up fruit, plain full fat greek yogurt or cottage cheese.  Once it awhile, if we've made banana bread of cornbread muffins she'll get some of that too.  For lunch, it's usually a veggie and a meat (standbys are chicken, fish  or meatballs, but the other day I tried lamb just to see if she'd eat it and she did!).  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"