Indiana Babies

Hospital Recommendations?

Hi Ladies! 

Newbie here :) DH and I have been TTC for a while and the OB/GYN we have been seeing delivers a IU West. We live in Brownsburg and it is about 15 minutes away from us which is great. Only thing is... I don't believe they have a NICU. Our OB has already told us that with the shape of my uterus, we may have a early baby. I don't know if I feel comfortable delivering in a hospital that would have to transport our brand new little baby to a NICU if need be. We are thinking about St. Vincent's Carmel, Community North or IU North. I need your imput. Any Pros/Cons would be appreciated! 

Thanks!

OUR TTC STORY

Been TTC  since 05/2013

DH: 23 - No male factor issues known.

Me: 25 – Bicornuate Uterus, PCOS, BRCA1 Positive: Will have hysterectomy and double mastectomy at 30

02/25/2014 First cycle on Clomid 100mg cd5-9 - HSG was clear. Blood work on CD 3 and 7 came back normal.

03/27/2014 Second Clomid 100mg cd5-9 - no ovulation. 

05/08/2014 - Third Clomid Cycle 150mg cd3-7 

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Hospital Recommendations?

• The only one of those I have experience with is Community North, but not with L&D.  They seem to be a really great hospital from what I've experienced, though.

Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • ebd08ebd08 member
    We had our first at IU North.  Riley Children's Hospital is in the same complex and it's supposed to be one of the best.  I don't know too much about the other ones.  Good luck to you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! 

OUR TTC STORY

Been TTC  since 05/2013

Me: 25 – Bicornuate Uterus, PCOS, BRCA1 Positive: Will have hysterectomy and double mastectomy at 30

02/25/2014 First cycle on Clomid 100mg cd5-9 - HSG was clear. Blood work on CD 3 and 7 came back normal.

• ColtsdadColtsdad member
    edited March 2014
    We have had both kids at St. Vincent's Women's Hospital, along with 2 friends, and all seemed happy with their experience.  One used the NICU and said it was really good.  We used CCN (Continued Care Nursery, step between NICU and regular nursery) for 2 days and the staff there was great.  It was good enough for Peyton Manning's wife when they had the twins if that says anything.
  • Thanks @coltsdad - I think those are the two that I will look into. 

OUR TTC STORY

Been TTC  since 05/2013

• ebd08 said:

We had our first at IU North.  Riley Children's Hospital is in the same complex and it's supposed to be one of the best.  I don't know too much about the other ones.  Good luck to you!

Good to know. FTM here and that's where I will be delivering. Sadly, I know nothing about the hospital yet.

Me:35 DH:37
    Married 09/2013

*TW* TTC #2 since June 2016 *END TW*

Endometriosis

March 2017- IUI#1- Clomid - BFN
    April 2017 - IUI #2 - Clomid, Ovidrel - BFN
    May 2017 - IUI #3 - Clomid- cancelled cycle

July 2017- IVF #1-Microdose Lupron protocol, Gonal-F, Menopur, HCG trigger- 12 mature eggs, 9 fertilized, 4 frozen- 2 PGS normal!!

August 2017- FET #1

• ebd08ebd08 member
    @allycheer00 it was a really nice hospital!  They do tours of the ward a few times a week I think, so you can go check it out beforehand.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @ebd08‌ I got some info today about the tours and classes available at the hospital. I'll check them out asap.

Me:35 DH:37
    Married 09/2013

*TW* TTC #2 since June 2016 *END TW*

Endometriosis

March 2017- IUI#1- Clomid - BFN
    April 2017 - IUI #2 - Clomid, Ovidrel - BFN
    May 2017 - IUI #3 - Clomid- cancelled cycle

July 2017- IVF #1-Microdose Lupron protocol, Gonal-F, Menopur, HCG trigger- 12 mature eggs, 9 fertilized, 4 frozen- 2 PGS normal!!

August 2017- FET #1

• @queenb0912 Thanks so much! I will check Dr. Hinkle & that practice out! I haven't seen what St. Vincent's Women's is like. Is it nice? 

OUR TTC STORY

Been TTC  since 05/2013

• Dr. Hinkle delivered both our boys (via C-section)... she's awesome.  The whole practice is pretty good.

As far as St. Vincent Women's, it is pretty sweet.  All the rooms are private, they have on demand movies in every room with movies that just hit DVD, so like the new Hunger Games movie is likely on there right now.  Staff is really nice (helps that my mom knows most of them) and if you get one of the two suites, you get essentially 2 rooms... one for the patient, and one for dad and added guests to hang while you are being checked or need some privacy to breastfeed, etc.
  • @coltsdad - do you pay extra to reserve a suite? I know that I'll have a lot of people coming to see us. And privacy while I am not at my most glamorous will be a blessing. So the more room the better lol Are there tubs for hydrotherapy in the suites?

@jfresh - Thanks so much doll! I think I've narrowed it down to IU North and St. Vincent Women's. 

Who knew that there were so many decisions to make! I am hoping (fingers crossed) to as natural of a birth as I can. Baby positioning and timing will play a big factor in that though. Thanks for all the info everyone! I'm feeling very welcomed! 

OUR TTC STORY

Been TTC  since 05/2013

• @queenb0912 - Let me know how it goes! 

OUR TTC STORY

Been TTC  since 05/2013

• @robbiau1989 The suite costs like an extra $100 a day.  No hydrotherapy tubs though... standard bathroom.  It is essentially just 2 hospital rooms joined via a large set of french doors, but the 2nd room has been converted to a guest suite, with TV, mini fridge, coffee maker, and nice couch that folds out into a bed (better than the standard chair foldouts).  It is first come first serve and there are only 2, so you can't reserve in advance, but when you get admitted, let them know that you are interested.  Our 2nd time in, we had to spend 8 hours in a regular room and then we got the suite when the mom went home and the room got cleaned.
  • @robbiau1989 I delivered at Community North and it was absolutely fantastic. However, I didn't have any complications nor did we need the NICU, so I can't speak on that behalf. The delivery rooms (like most I'm assuming) are labor, delivery, recovery and post-partum. We went in very early Saturday  morning and I actually didn't leave the room until we left on Monday. When DS was a month old he did need surgery that was totally unexpected. Our pedi sent us to Community North at 9am to get an u/s and by noon we were admitted into the pediatric floor. It was the scariest moment I think we've gone through but the nurses, Dr's and surgeon's were amazing. I cannot speak highly enough of them!
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"