October 2014 Moms
Options

GTKY: Tattoos?

Have we done this one?  Sorry if it's a repeat.

If you have any, how many and can we see pictures?  Care to share the stories behind them? 

If you don't have any, would you consider it?  Why or why not?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY: Tattoos?

• Options
    I've though about it but DH says he would rather I didn't. We'll see. DH and my sister both regret theirs.

DH actually has one on his hand of half a heart with a sword. His college girlfriend has the other half. Apparently when they held hands the heart matched up.
  • Options
    kyashley1227kyashley1227 member
    edited March 2014
    I have two. On my left foot I have an ovarian cancer ribbon and on my right ankle I have a cowboy infinity symbol. DH has his initials on his right arm. Edited for stories behind them. My ribbon is in memory of my Mamaw who passed away from ovarian cancer in 2006, and my cowboy infinity symbol is in memory of my papaw who loved John Wayne and country music and he passed away in 2012.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mghnmousemghnmouse member
    edited March 2014
    I have 6, plans for more. Love mine all! I have a small tribal rose on my hip, Alberta the Gator on my lower calf/ankle, a care bear heart way low on my back to the right, I have a dragon that I drew, a fairy across from him both on my lower back, then across my upper back/between shoulder blades is a nursing mother pinup with a nautical star for each of my kids, in the colors of their birthstones. DH has 4 with plans for at least one more. I have never been able to post pics on mobile, boo.
    Mom to 3 wonderful Free Birthed kiddos
  • Options
    Here are my three (I took these myself and two are on my back, so sorry if they're bad pics):

Dolphin/wave on my lower right back.  My first tattoo, it's modeled after a little tiny surfer pic in the Sublime 40 Oz CD liner notes.  I was in college and was a marine bio major when I got it, but the ocean is still really important to me, so it still has meaning.  It's sort of a tramp stamp, though, and while I certainly don't regret it, I want to get some work done to expand it out to something larger.

Nautical star on the back of my left shoulder.  I love this one.  It's a vacation souvenir from a friends' cruise.  I got it in St Thomas, and my buddy got a pirate flag on his back in the same spot.  I love old school tattoos, and eventually I'd like to get some more old school nautical stuff added to make this a full shoulder piece.

My "congratulations on surviving pregnancy and childbirth" gift to myself.  The blue lotus is a Buddhist symbol for purity of conscious and mind, and the knot in the background is symbolic of the interconnectedness of all things.  it's a reminder to myself to be nice to everyone I meet because it all comes around in the end.  It's on the inside of my left leg, just above my ankle.
  • Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member
    edited March 2014

If you have any, how many and can we see pictures?  Care to share the stories behind them? 

Yes, three.  No pictures!  Got a tramp stamp at the age of 18 (but it is so small, purple sun with a green center) and I have two fleur de lis on each hip bone.  None of them see the light of day, ever!

I got the first fleur de lis when I was 25. I chose to do it in white ink and a pink center.  It look like a vag so I had them redo the outline in purple a few months later at 26 and also go the second one on the other hip.  But it is all white ink and probably my favorite.  I was 20 lbs lighter then so they are not as cute now!

eta.  I messed this one all up.  my apologies for the rambling!

• Options
    I have 2, one is a flower on my ankle that is ok. The other is a lion on my back, totally regret that one! It was a spur of the moment Atlantic city choice I'm my early twenties. If I had enough money I'd get them both removed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So far just the traditional college, tramp stamp Chinese symbol.  I was rebelling against my parents and it was the first time I lived on my own.  I don't regret it, but it makes me laugh that it probably does not mean courage, but probably something like #7 with no rice.

I would like to get more, but I haven't settled on anything specific.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't have any. I've never liked them enough to face the idea of being stuck with one forever. I do want I get permanent makeup after I give birth, so that I don't have to draw my eyebrows on everyday, so that will be close enough for me.
  • Options
    I have 2. 1 is on my lower left abdomen area (so low it's hidden by a bathing suit) it's an Irish clover with a halo and says "Believe" underneath it. I got it in dedication to my grandparents. The other one is on my right hip (right on the bone) and it's a palm tree with "Ohana" written underneath it. I absolutely love the beach and "Ohana" means family in Hawaiian (Major points to those who know the Disney movie it's from too). And no, I'm not Hawaiian nor is anyone in my family from there or even lived there. I have visited though. (Plus I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney. Not gonna lie)
  • Options

Ill have to edit pictures later I am on my work computer but I have 7.

1) I have a chest piece that says "Tout est bien que finit bien" which is alls well that ends well in French" I was going through a tough time and a friend always told me that. I liked it and went with it.

2) I have a half sleeve on my right arm. It was a cover up of a mermaid and octopus. It is birth month flowers for my entire family (minus SO and this LO of course) Those will be added after.

3) I have a bow on my left wrist where the middle is a jiu jitsu belt knot. I did jiu jitsu and it is a passion of mine. The bow just adds a girly touch.

4) I have my son's feet print (from the hospital) and his name on my left shoulder blade.

5) I have a sparrow that matched my dad's dad that he got before he went to Korea in the Army. It was my first tattoo.

6&7) I have a moth flying away on my left foot and a broken light bulb on my right foot. The saying "like a moth to a flame" (Irresistibly and dangerously attracted to something or someone.) I was in an extremely abusive relationship and the night I decided to leave for good I called my tattoo artist to get this. It was a reminder to myself that habits can be broken and I am better than that.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Gibson is due October 8th! (Bfp: January 29th)

Noah 12.26.2008

6 lbs 6 oz / 19.5 inches long

• Options
    mghnmousemghnmouse member
    edited March 2014
    Stupid app actin' a fool
  • Options
    Kay1029 said:

I have 2. 1 is on my lower left abdomen area (so low it's hidden by a bathing suit) it's an Irish clover with a halo and says "Believe" underneath it. I got it in dedication to my grandparents. The other one is on my right hip (right on the bone) and it's a palm tree with "Ohana" written underneath it. I absolutely love the beach and "Ohana" means family in Hawaiian (Major points to those who know the Disney movie it's from too). And no, I'm not Hawaiian nor is anyone in my family from there or even lived there. I have visited though. (Plus I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney. Not gonna lie)

Lilo & Stitch of course! Disney kid here!
  • Options
    I have a foot tattoo that says "Loved" because I went through a time in my life where I made some stupid decisions because I didn't feel loved. I got it to remind myself that I don't need to try and prove myself and that I truly was loved by my family and friends.

I also have a lotus flower in white ink on my wrist. I got it to mark the new beginning I had with my amazing husband.

<('.'<) (>'.')> (^'.')> <('.'^) <('.'<) (>'.')> (^'.')> <('.'^) <('.'<) (>'.')> (^'.')> <('.'^)

• Options
    I have 3. 
    One is a Treble cleft on my hip.
    One is a Cross on my left side with Psalm 150 written below it.
    One is on my left calf that matches up with one on my husbands right calf. Mine says "Respect Him" my husbands says "Love Her" It's out of Ephesians 5. 
    I have plans for more when the time is right. 
  • Options
    I have 4.....

My first one is a black cross on my right, inside forearm. I got it so that if anything terrible ever happened, or I came close to losing my religion for any other reason, I couldn't because it was tattooed on me. I also got it on the anniversary of my Nana's passing.

My second on is angel wings tied with a corset tie on my lower back (yes I know tramp stamp). I got it done at a tattoo convention, and they actually were trying to interview me during the process for the local paper. I was in so much pain, I can't even remember what I said. What REALLY bothers me about this tattoo is that to my shigrin, most people just think it's a butterfly. 

My third is a pin up girl sitting on a gemini symbol on my outside calf. Long story why I have it, but I love it. 

And my last one is sleeve like on the upper part of my arm. It's a lot of swirlies and cherry blossom flowers. I love it! I wanted a sleeve type tattoo, and I figured it better be pretty if it was going to be in such a visible place. 

I can't wait to get one for my first daughter. The plan was to do it with our tax return this year, BUT I ended up pregnant again, so I'm going to have to wait. No worries, it will come soon enough! 

PS I LOVE this thread. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

6&7) I have a moth flying away on my left foot and a broken light bulb on my right foot. The saying "like a moth to a flame" (Irresistibly and dangerously attracted to something or someone.) I was in an extremely abusive relationship and the night I decided to leave for good I called my tattoo artist to get this. It was a reminder to myself that habits can be broken and I am better than that.

I really like this.  I have an abusive relationship in my past too, and I really like the symbolism that you chose to help escape yours. 
  • Options
    I don't have any. I won't say I'll never get one, but haven't wanted one bad enough yet. If I ever did get one it would be really small and where everyone couldn't see it.

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

• Options
    jesslinnnjesslinnn member
    edited March 2014
    Derp.
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    jesslinnnjesslinnn member
    edited March 2014
    This is my only tattoo. I got it done during college after my brother died. It's wings with his full name, birth & death date.

I plan in getting more someday.

(Terrible picture quality but it's the only one on my phone.)
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    I have 6

1 is a tiny black heart on my wrist that I got with my best friend when I turned 18

2 Is "love" inside my lower lip

3 Is a heart on my right hip that I got just cause I loved it.

4 is a quote around my wrist that I got in memory of my grandparents that says "To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die"

5 is a small peace sign on the back of my ear.

And 6 is a couple of shooting stars on my ankle. It's the worst tattoo I've got but I couldn't ever get it removed. One of my really good friends was just starting out tattooing and I let him do one on my ankle. A month later he passed away so it's a good reminder of him regardless of how it looks. It's character :)

Once LO is born I'm getting a tattoo for my DH, DS, and LO. I love them and I'm not too worried about what they'll look like when I'm old.
  • Options
    SaraML13 said:
    No, I don't have any.  I'm kind of fascinated by tattoos on other people, but would not get one myself.  Even if I thought it was really cool now, I can't picture myself 80 and wrinkled with tattoos.  Also, when I look back on the kinds of things I would have picked as tattoos 5-10 years ago, they aren't necessarily things that I would find meaningful now.

That is what big ole' granny panites are for!  Lol, my shit will be saggy but it will be covered and it will always remind me of those times. 
  • Options
    I have one along my ribs. It's a quote from my oldest son's father's favorite book that I got after he passed away. 
    O14 May Siggy Challenge: Cinco de Mayo
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I love tattoos (and seeing pictures of them) but would change my mind and end up hating what I got.  Also, with my weight changes, most of them would probably end up distorted at some point.  

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• Options
    I don't have any and I wouldn't consider getting any.  No problems with other people's choices, but it's just not for me.  
    Me: 30 H: 30, Married Since 10/2010, TTC #1 in 12/2013, BFP 2/13/2014, Baby M 10/16/14
    It's a girl!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I have one that was done in two parts:
     First was a doodle of flowers in the shape of a heart.  Nothing special, just something I doodle on my notebook in college and always liked it.

Then I had the words "a ma vie de coer entier" which roughly means "you have my whole heart for my whole life".  It was on a ring I got the hubs for our first dating anniversary.  My only beef is I don't love the font, but eh.  It's not that big of a deal.

I would like to get something on my wrist signifying my children.  I thought about a tattoo that looks like a charm bracelet with their initials as "charms".  

Monster #1- Hunter Fillmore! 10.1.11
     MC 3.20.14 -- 8w3d
    MC 7.11.14-- 5w4d
    Monsterette #2- EDD  5.9.15

• Options
    I don't have any tattoos but I love them. I'm really into art and I think some are cool to look at. I just couldn't commit to something like that.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers                         

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I have a tattoo (outline of a heart) on my tush.  I "drew it" myself.  Meaning while drunk, I drew a heart on a piece of paper and told him to tat it on my ass.  I LOVE it.  I totally forget its there and then get the occasional glance of it in the mirror and laugh every time.  Ahhh, to be 18 again.

I'd like to get another one.  Not sure what, when or where, but I'm sure I will at some point!

The One I Married :: 9.5.2009
    The Ones We Love :: 2.13.2012, 10.10.2014
    The Ones We Lost :: 5/10, 2/11, 5/11, 9/13, 1/15, 11/15
    The One We Can't Wait to Meet :: 10.10.2016

• Options
    mbcgirlie14mbcgirlie14 member
    edited March 2014
    I have a maltese cross (a firefighters symbol) on my back.  I've also got a butterfly that represents my grandmother that passed away.  It is on my right hip/upper butt area.

I don't have any good pics but here's one that you can kind of see the maltese cross and a peekaboo of the butterfly.

(BFP 2/7/14. Miscarriage 4/3/14 at 12 weeks)

TTGP September Siggy Challenge: Teen Crush

• Options

I have one on my ribs- "carpe diem" (love the Dead Poet's Society), one on my wrist that says "beyond" and one on my upper thigh/hip that says "those who don't believe in magic will never find it."

I would love to get more, but DH already thinks I have enough. All of them are easily hidden, which is handy for my office job.

photo: YOU CAN&#8217;T SIT WITH US!

• Options
    Everyones tattoos look so nice! I guess I should've used better artists for mine. I have 7.

1) Henna design going down my left foot. Got it with my old roommate and still good friend. We have the same one!
    2) "Not all those who wander are lost" written down the side of my right foot. I was rebelling against my mom always saying "You don't have any direction! Why do you always have to go your own way."
    3) "Breathe" written on my wrist in light blue ink. My dad used to say it looked like a stamp. My cousin wanted a tattoo but wouldn't get one by herself so I just picked one out real fast.

The next 2, my friend was new at tattooing and needed someone to practice on so I let him practice on me on places that would never show...not a wise decision. I don't hate them but they aren't the best.

4) A magnolia on my butt. It was my wedding flower.
    5) A skull on my china

Last 2 were in honor of my dad.

6) An anchor on the inside of my wrist. My dad was a ships captain. 
    7) A dandelion blowing into birds going across the top of my back.

photo DSC_7607-Version2_zps4129cb9d.jpg funny gifs

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options

I have 3, but no pictures.  The first one is a caduceus(medical symbol) on my ankle. 

I have a celtic knot with a heart intertwined that I got with my sister on my left shoulder blade.

I have an anemone flower with the quote "A little flower lent not given, to bud on earth but bloom in heaven." on my right shoulder blade that represents DH and my struggle with infertility and the loss that we experienced. 

After this LO is born I plan to get a tattoo of the tracing of the HB on the first ultrasound on my left side behind my breast (the closest I can get to my heart without tattooing by boob, lol) 

• Options
    I have 3.

1. a pink star on my lower stomach (my 18th birthday present from my boyfriend). I was too nervous to get the tramp stamp I so desperately wanted, so I went with somewhere soft, first. You only can see it if I have a tan.

2. the 18 year old rebellion tramp stamp. its black tribal with stars.

3. a large heart I drew (soberly, using photoshop and a wacom board) and had them tattoo on my left rib cage. It symbolizes those I have lost. Its the only one that actually had meaning behind it.

I plan on getting a pink ribbon on the side of my wrist some day. In honor of my 3x survivor mom, survivor sister, previvor sister, 2x survivor aunt and the relatives I've lost to cancer (mostly breast). I really want to incorporate the water color idea into it somehow....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    yoyopezyoyopez member
    edited March 2014
    i have a sun with tendrils wrapped around the rays on my left shoulder blade.  had it more than 20 years now (and starting to look like it).  when i decided to get a tattoo at 18, i remembered the picture from a book i'd used for a science project on solar energy in 8th grade.  nerdy me found the report, used the bibliography to re-check out the books, and find the picture.  my dad went with me to make sure the place wasn't a 'hell hole' and then took me out to lunch at my favorite mexican place.  i think about getting more.  i'd like to get something to represent my children once the family is complete.
  • Options
    I have three.. I have a picture, but can't figure out how to add it on my phone. I'll add it in the morning.

The first one started out as a boy and girl holding hands with a heart over their heads (pretty much the two people on the men's/women's bathroom signs) on my right ankle, which DH went with me to get on my 18th birthday. It was only a month and a half after we started dating, and I already knew he was "the one" ...though I laughed and said "of course not" when the artist jokingly asked if it was supposed to be the two of us, because I didn't want to look like a crazy.
    We got pregnant a few months before our wedding, so after I was done nursing DD I added a smaller girl on to it (in front of us, to symbolize putting our kids first) and added "God gave me you" above the whole thing in small, simple cursive (it was the song I walked down the isle to and something I believe with all of my heart and wanted to always remember). It may look silly to some people but I love it.

The second is a rose on the right of my lower back. I got it after my Papa passed, to represent unending, unconditional love. One of the last things he said was that "I'm just ready to go home and see Maxine again" (my grandma who had died 9 years earlier). As long as I can remember, they had a huge rose garden in front of their house (it was her baby) and after she passed away he was sure to always keep them taken care of and perfect, the way she would have liked. The rose I picked is pink/red with yellow centers on the petals to represent the colors of friendship and love. It's a little faded, so I want to get it touched up after LO is born.

My third is "Love never fails" written across my left collar bone with a dove after it. It's 1 Corinthians 3:8 and reminds me to be intentional about my relationship with DH and to never give up on our marriage, even when times are tough. It also reminds me that God's love never fails.

I've always wanted a big floral tattoo on my left ribs, but don't know if I could really commit to something that big. I also want to get something on my left shoulder blade and possibly a half sleeve. I love tattoos but just can't settle on ideas!!

DH plans to get an entire sleeve of the solar system. My family thinks it's silly but I think it'll be awesome! ;)
    Me: 25 DH: 29
    Married: September 2011
    BFP #1: 6/6/11. EDD: 2/12/12. Baby girl born 2/12/12 [9lb 2.5oz, 21.5"]
    Began TTC 12/2012
    BFP #2: 2/3/14. EDD: 10/14/14. Baby girl born 10/19/14 [8lb 4oz, 19"]
    BFP #3: 1/10. EDD: 9/11/16. MC 1/17/16. (7w)
    BFP #4: 4/1/16. EDD: 11/27/16.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Don't have any and don't foresee ever getting one myself.  I like reading everyone's stories though!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've got 3 and would love at least a half sleeve someday even though DH haze to and never wanted one.
    Lower back is a dragon fly for a friend who passed in hs ( car accident and I was the one who identified the body)
    Hip is a small lilac for my favorite nana it was her favorite flower. I drew the original myself.
    3rd is a bluebird on my right shoulder for my grandfathers. One was in the service and had two on his chest from traveling and the other my fondest memory is watching zippity do da (sp?) with him when we would visit.

This will be our last child so eventually I'd like to get one that represents each one.
  • Options

I have four.  I have tried several times, but I can not get a picture to post for shit.

A stupid tramp-stamp of a sun with tribal crap around it (it was an 18th bday present) 

A purple/black tribal butterfly on my right shoulder

A butterfly made of skulls on my left shoulder

A skull and crossbones on my left boob.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I have 4 - no actual photos cause I have some super hairy legs right now ;)

1. A tudor rose (photo is the same one I used as a reference) on my upper left thigh. I was born in Yorkshire, England, and wanted to celebrate my heritage!
    2. The deathly hallows symbol from Harry Potter on the inside of my left ankle. Cause I'm super dorky.
    3. "run." on the side of my right foot - for motivation :)
    4. A hidden mickey on my very freckly left arm. It blends in just enough so you don't notice it right away. Which is the point! (yes that is my actual stoopid freckly arm)

• Options
    I don't have any yet, but plan on getting one when we are done having kids. I'm working on a circular design with the zodiac signs for my kids to go on my hip.
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"