Health & Exercise
Options

Pregnant Runners (March 3rd - March 9th)

What's on the plan, runners?

Monday - 5 Miles
Tuesday - 30 minutes bike / abs
Wednesday - 8 Miles
Thursday - Some sort of XT
Friday - 8 Miles
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - 10 Miles

I had to skip my 12-miler last week. I beat myself up about it, thinking, I should run as much as possible this early on, there is no excuse for this...but I couldn't sit up for more than 30 minutes without needing a nap. I took 3 separate naps. I was just too tired.

Someone tell me that that's not a permanent thing that will happen ALL the time, and that it's just a day-to-day shot of it happening. I can't deal with that all the time.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnant Runners (March 3rd - March 9th)

• Options
    edited March 2014
    @Spurp- it's not a permanent thing! How far along are you? When I was pregnant with DS, the first tri fatigue was pretty rough. My mileage dropped from 55 (base building for another marathon) to 30. I was able to get back to 35-40 in my second tri.
    This pregnancy has been MUCH better in that i havent been nearly as exhausted, and i actually feel like my endurance is better.
    And don't beat yourself up over it. You're growing a tiny human, which is a lot of work! Sometimes we just need a day to relax.

Mon- Bootcamp + 5 miles
    Tues- 7.3 miles
    Weds- Bootcamp + 5-6 miles
    Thurs- 6-8 miles
    Fri- Bootcamp + 5-6 miles
    Sat- long run of 10-13 miles
    Sun- rest day/ walk with DH and DS

Mommy to R (8.23.11) and K (6.21.14).

• Options
    @marathonmom823, thanks so much for the hope! I'm almost 8 weeks (tomorrow, according to my doctor and the u/s, but I haven't figured out how to change my ticker). So, more than halfway through 1st tri.

It was SO SO bad Sunday. So far, I"m sleepy, but able to get through the day at work (but I might be sleepy anyway because I just started a new position with earlier hours, and I'm not used to those yet--plus, next weekend is "lose an hour" time, so I'll get kicked with it again then).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi ladies great job on the prego running and the distances you ladies are doing is to be envied, or at least I do. I am working-up to it but mostly I am time constrained so can't do an more than 25/day - week days only.

This week.
    M - 3 miles
    T - 3 miles
    W - 3 miles
    T and F - planning another 3 miler
    Nothing on the weekends but might try an outdoor run if I can.
  • Options
    Hi ladies great job on the prego running and the distances you ladies are doing is to be envied, or at least I do. I am working-up to it but mostly I am time constrained so can't do an more than 25/day - week days only. This week. M - 3 miles T - 3 miles W - 3 miles T and F - planning another 3 miler Nothing on the weekends but might try an outdoor run if I can.
    You'll get there! You're understandably busy with those three babies you've got! What you're doing so far is pretty good mileage across the week. If I were you, I'd try to add some miles onto one or two of those weekly runs (even if it means skipping another day). So, instead of 3s across the board, try 3, 2, 5, rest, 3. I know that 5-miler might not work yet, because you're not ready for it and you don't have the time yet, but varying your run lengths is a good way to keep things fresh and avoid injury.
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I've never posted over here before, but I love referring over here for advice and motivation! Now that I'm nearing the end of my 1st tri and starting to feel so much better, my running has picked back up and I still plan to run several races this summer including my 4th mini marathon in May. I hope you don't mind if I join your weekly posts about running! :) 

Monday - 3 Miles
    Tuesday - 30 minutes walking
    Wednesday - 4 Miles and 2 hours of volleyball league
    Thursday - 3.5 miles
    Friday - rest
    Saturday - 5 miles (possibly 6 if I feel OK, the weather should be perfect!)
    Sunday - rest

Mr & Mrs 5/5/2012
    DH-28 Me-26
    Fur baby- Colt 
    Baby BOY due 9/24/2014

imageimageimage 

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    Ugh. Did 11 today and felt terrible afterwards :(

• Options
    Hi! Hope it is ok for me to join. I'm 25 weeks with my first. 
    Monday- 6 miles
    Tuesday 4 miles + 30 minutes stepmill
    Wednesday 6.5 miles
    Thursday 7 miles
    Friday Walk 3 miles + 35 min elliptical + weights
    Saturday 7 miles
    Sunday 7 miles

I can't do much more than 7 miles or I am wiped out the rest of the day and STARVING. I want to eat constantly. 
    The first 20 minutes of a run are really hard for me, but by the end I feel like I could keep going!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"