Health & Exercise

Protein Shakes-Help

Hey.  Does anyone know if whey protein shakes are healthy during pregnancy.  I've been having shakes each evening and absolutely love them but are concerned with the ingredients and don't know whether to continue.  My favorite is terra's whey organic but one of the ingredients listed is Stevia Extract.  Not sure if that is ok during pregnancy, there seems to be conflicting evidence on this one.  Has anyone found a tasty protein shake that doesn't have any "weird" ingredients?  Please let me know.

Re: Protein Shakes-Help

• I agree with @criscbish. Stevia and cane sugar (preferably unrefined) are going to be the best for you, whether pregnant or not. The best thing for you to do is ask your doctor. I'll be doing that with my preferred shake, too. Since most, if not all, are dietary supplements, they're not regulated by the FDA and usually have that label on them anyway. :)
    Married since *7/13/2012* to my soulmate!

Surprise! BFP 3/7/2013, Missed MC, D&C @ 7w5d
    BFP 12/10/2013, Natural MC @ 5w1d

BFP 2/15/2014...Katia Elizabeth is due 10/23/2014!
     BabyFruit Ticker
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Thanks.  I've decided that as delicious as protein powders are its probably safer just to cut them out.  I've been making a smoothie with frozen bananas, milk,  a teaspoon of maple syrup and cinnamon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds yummy! I have a link somewhere for a pregnancy power smoothie. I tried it way before I was pregnant and loved it. It's got spinach, strawberries, bananas, apples, and greek yogurt in it. I'll see if I can find it.
    Married since *7/13/2012* to my soulmate!

Surprise! BFP 3/7/2013, Missed MC, D&C @ 7w5d
    BFP 12/10/2013, Natural MC @ 5w1d

BFP 2/15/2014...Katia Elizabeth is due 10/23/2014!
     BabyFruit Ticker
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • GNC Pro Performance line...  If you can pass a WADA test while taking it and not have to worry, you shouldn't have to worry about it during pregnancy either... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello , I'm an herbalife distributor and am having a spring sale ! 25% off your whole purchase :) if your interested feel free to email me at adesharamos@gmail.com
  • Try greek yogurt to get some protein in your shakes. I used protein powder and greek yogurt in my morning shakes all through my pregnancy and my baby is healthy and 5 months old.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"