April 2014 Moms

3 carseats in Ford Edge

Not totally pregnancy related but we bought our car seat today and finally puzzled all 3 into the back of our Edge! Sh!ts about to get real!

Married 3.14.09
DS born 8.20.10
MC 7.11.11
DD born 5.24.12
#3 EDD 4.02.14

Re: 3 carseats in Ford Edge

• That doesn't seem safe to me...
  • add..but I'm a FTM lol so what do I know! Lol Sorry iPad cut it off from the 1st post.
  • Loading the player...
  • I believe that you installed them right, it just seems like so much in such a tight space! Didn't mean to offend.
  • thomas930 said:

Awesome job Mama!  Two Radians and a Keyfit?

3 across is perfectly safe as long as they installed properly and independently secure.
    Yup! I did have a terrible time puzzling the Radians in there too because that middle seat is pretty narrow. I started to panic that I wouldn't be able to do it! But I was able to with seatbelt install on the FF instead of LATCH.

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • Thanks for this post! I will be doing this in my edge next week!!
  • Yeah, 3 across usually goes a little better when the seat belts are used instead of LATCH. For some reason LATCH takes a bit more space. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thomas930 said:

Yeah, 3 across usually goes a little better when the seat belts are used instead of LATCH. For some reason LATCH takes a bit more space. 

I was told today it's just because they center the seat and with a seatbelt install you can kind of push the seat outboard more (I hadn't realized that was still safe).

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • MtgMom said:

Thanks for this post! I will be doing this in my edge next week!!

Good luck! The middle seat is super tricky because you can't LATCH borrow and the buckle is oddly placed.

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • This is what it looked like when I had the FF installed with LATCH and tried to get the RF next to it. The middle seat buckle was underneath the Radian.

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • This will be us too. We had to buy new car seats to make it work, cheaper than a new car
  • Love the Diono Radian...they can fit 3 across in a compact car!
  • I was pulling my hair out trying to RF our Radian and Keyfit in our Sentra. Nice work! :)
  • Damn, this is impressive!

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• Dang Girl! You rock!
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were playing with three across yesterday. A radian is definitely in our future. I know how hard/frustrating it is to figure it out, glad you're done!
  • We have been trying to figure out if we would be able to fit 3 seats in our car or if we have to buy a new one. Are you using 2 radians and and an infant carrier? How old are your first 2 children?
  • kvnolan said:

We have been trying to figure out if we would be able to fit 3 seats in our car or if we have to buy a new one. Are you using 2 radians and and an infant carrier? How old are your first 2 children?

Yes. I have a 3 1/2 year old in a FF Radian, a 21 month old in the RF Radian, and a Chicco Keyfit for the new baby.

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • We kept trying to configure ours into my Dodge Journey and went all eff it yesterday and bought a "new" car with a 3rd row. I'm getting nervous about the conspiracy theory of the world being created for families of 4.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Awesome job!
    We will have 3 across as well (in a Buick rendezvous), but luckily my kids are older and have boosters so not much to work out.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"