Breastfeeding

Nursing bra: How soon can you buy?

I am 33 weeks right now and am wondering if it is too soon to buy my nursing bras. At what point have your breasts grown as big as they will be? Also, do you have a brand that you recommend?

Re: Nursing bra: How soon can you buy?

• I wore the sleep type bras until about 5 weeks, then bought bras with cups. I recommend a fitting in a specialty store or upscale department store, especially if you buy underwire (an improper fit can lead to clogged ducts with underwire).
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I ordered mine at 38 weeks because my ladies were out of control lol. I loved my bras from Bravado https://www.bravadodesigns.com/shop/the-original-nursing-bra , they explain online how to guess your size, and their bras stretch so they work for a range of sizes which was super nice when my milk came in. They also have a great return/exchange program, so if you buy it and try it on and need a different size it's no biggie ( just don't wash it or take the tags off!). 
  • Loading the player...
  • I recommend starting with nursing tanks and nursing sleep bras or anything that has a SML tag vs a rib cage/cup size. I have no idea how big I was at my biggest but I would guess at least 1-2 cup sizes more than what I'm at now. I didn't settle down to the size I was at the end of my pregnancy until about 3-4 months.
    This! And in any case, the first few weeks it's almost a waste of time to put a top on at all.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• I made the mistake of buying a bra when I was about 6wk pp - I figure my supply had regulated a bit at that point, and now it's huge.  My boobs are definitely bigger than they were during pregnancy (maybe a cup size?), but they didn't seem to settle down until like some PPs have said, about 4 months pp.  I'd definitely go with the S/M/L tagged bras for the first couple months.  I also have relatively small boobs though, so I can get away with having less than perfect support.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Yup, sleep bras and nursing tanks first.  I was a 36B before and during pregnancy, then got a bravado at 5 weeks PP and measured 36D.  Then I dropped to a 34C around 6 months PP.  Everyone has a different experience, but bras are expensive and you could easily waste a lot of money!
  • Thank you everyone!
  • eh, I bought the Bravado bra a few weeks post-partem, but I think it is flexible/adjustable enough to have purchased while PG and still fit while nursing.  Nursing boobs fluctuate a lot in size depending on when LO last ate, so I found they need to have some give in them anyway.

while PG, my band size was bigger and boobs slightly smaller than they were while nursing, but not a crazy amount different, though I suppose everyone is different.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"