March 2014 Moms
Options

I almost delivered in the hospital hallway!

First off, I have been MIA for a few weeks, so huge congratulations to everyone with outside babies!

Second, Cooper Matthew arrived on February 27th at 5:27 AM. He was 15 days early and still managed to weigh 9.1 lb and was 21 inches long!

The long, crazy story of the fastest birth ever:
I woke up to go to the bathroom at 3:30 AM and my water broke (same exact way that it happened with DS1). We finished packing our bags and had to make many calls to find someone who actually heard their phone in the middle of the night to watch DS1. We dropped him off at a friends and headed to the hospital. I went from having no contractions to contractions that were a minute apart during the 25 minute drive. We pulled up to the hospital at 5 AM. After getting my vitals we were moved to a triage room where I was supposed to put a gown on. I got my pants off and started screaming in pain and had my husband go get a nurse. She wouldn't come at first, thinking there was no rush. My husband had to beg her to come into the room. She came in all nonchalantly and goes to check me. Glances once and freaks out as she grabs the phone and calls frantically for a dr. My triage bed was wheeled, running, through the halls to find a delivery room and they grabbed the first dr the saw outside the room. I was told not to push but he started coming out in the hallway and I couldn't stop it. 6 people helped lift me onto the delivery table and Cooper was born within minutes. I obviously was unable to get an epidural (my biggest fear) but did not even have time for an IV or monitoring of any kind. I gave birth in the tank top that I wore to the hospital! It was the WORST pain ever imaginable but thank goodness it was so fast! I still don't know how he was so big when he was born at 37 weeks, 6 days! Afterwards, I started passing a lot of blood clots and a catheter and cleaning failed to get them out so I ended up having to have a spinal and go to the OR to get them cleaned out. That SUCKED after having had a last minute med-free birth. Cooper went to the nursery to get slight fluid on his lungs checked out. Luckily they were able to do it without a D&C. I never thought I'd have a baby without an epidural but I will say, my recovery has been MUCH easier this time around. Cooper had elevated jaundice levels at his check up with our pedi on Monday so he has had bloodwork done at the children's hospital 3 days in a row (to check his levels) and a biliblanket at home since Monday night. We are hoping that tomorrow will be nearing the end of it. Either way, we are so happy to be home and a family of 4! My doctor said that if my water had not broken in the middle of the night like it did, we would have gotten stuck in downtown traffic and he would have been born in the car. Thank GOODNESS that didn't happen! I am also glad this was my second child, otherwise, there may not have been a second!

Re: I almost delivered in the hospital hallway!

• Options
    Congrats!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Wow that's a wild birth story! Glad it went in your favor. The slow pokey nurse agitates me just thinking about it. Congratulations, sweet pics!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!

imageimageimage

• Options
    Wow congrats! That must have been intense, I can imagine how much you probably wanted to strangle the nurse that said don't push. Ha, kind of hard to tell your body not to

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • Options
    Congrats!! What a story!!

• Options
    Congratulations!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• Options
    Congrats!

***************************************Child mentioned********************************************

Me 28 DH 32

TTC naturally 05/2011-10/2012= All BFNs

Nov 2012 Jan 2013 Clomid= BFN

IVF #1 scheduled for April 2013 Stims started 04/09 ER 04/19/2013- 26 Retrieved and 24 Fertilized 3 day Fert Report- 10 are 8 cell ET cancelled-all embryos arrested at day 3

IVF #2 scheduled for June 2013 -Transferred 1 day 5 Blast

07/04/2013 HPT- BFP! Beta 10dp5dt-35Beta 12dp5dt-82 Ultrasound 6 weeks 4 days- Heart rate 123bpm!!

image  image

Team Green turned Team BLUE!!!

Baby M born premature at 33 weeks 5 days, he spent 22 days in the NICU before coming home!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Congrats! Glad you were able to make it to the hospital just in time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amazing! Glad everyone is OK now. Congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats! That's just crazy!
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
  • Options
    What a story!! Congratsn
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats! Crazy story.
  • Options
    Congrats!
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    jfb29jfb29 member
    Wow! What a story! Congrats!

TTC #1 Since 7/2011

Me: 30, PCOS with anovulation
    DH: 38, Low Morph & DE
    Rx: Metformin 500mg

Cycle #1: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel = No Response, Canceled
    Cycle #2: Clomid 150mg + Ovidrel = No Response, Canceled
    Cycle #3: Clomid 150mg + Follistim + Ovidrel = No response, Canceled

Cycle #4: Femara 7.5mg + Gonal-f + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP!!!!

~ EDD 03.26.14 ~

• Options
    Whew!! Congrats!!! :-)

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Wow!!! What a story!! Congrats on your beautiful, heathy boy! And oh my goodness, your other son is adorable, too! What a cute family you have!!

• Options
    Amazing story - congratulations!
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    I had a somewhat similar experience with my first and know how intense and terrifying it can be! I hope everyone is recovering well.
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • Options
    Wow. This makes my heart pound just thinking about how fast that went. What a crazy morning. Congratulations.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What a whirlwind!! Glad everyone is ok! Congrats on little Cooper. :)

IAmPregnant Ticker image VOTE on my Name List
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
    March Siggy Theme
  • Options
    Oh my! Congrats!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Glad everyone is healthy but you must still be whirling! How exciting. Congratulations you have a beautiful family.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    I'm 36; DS 14; DS 12; DD 9; SD 15; SD 9 and DH 37
    BFP July 10, 2013 and EDD march 18, 2014.
    Left ovarian cyst and right unicornuate uterus (will likely be treated high risk again)

• Options
    Congrats!! And my goodness what a chunk :) good thing he didn't wait too much longer!
  • Options
    Wow! Congrats!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Wow! Amazing story! Congrats!
  • Options
    Wow momma what a story.. Congrats!!!
  • Options
    What a story! Congrats!
  • Options
    Congratulations! He's beautiful!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my goodness! That's amazing! So glad you were in the hospital and not the car still!
    Married - 5/2008
    DS #1 - Born 9/2011
    DS #2 - EDD 3/2014
  • Options
    Amazing story!  I'm sure you'll enjoy telling that one when he's older :)  Glad everything worked out, and congrats on your beautiful baby boy!
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    What a beautiful family!! Congratulations!
    September '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!   

BFP 11/18/14 ~ EDD 7/26/15 ~ MC 11/27/14

image            image

• Options
    Wow good job! It makes me excited that I'm 37w 6 days today! If only this baby came now so I wouldn't have to work. Congratulations!
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! It's definitely a good story now but at the time it sure was rough! I'm so excited to see everyone's sweet babies!
  • Options
    NortyLeighNortyLeigh member
    edited March 2014

Wow that's a wild birth story! Glad it went in your favor. The slow pokey nurse agitates me just thinking about it. Congratulations, sweet pics!

I forgot to add that when that ridiculous nurse finally came in the room, she tried to tell me that I wasn't in that much pain, I was just hyperventilating and needed to calm down! Ugh, I'm mad at her still, just thinking about it! I love our hospital, but triage is definitely getting a horrible review!

• Options
    Wow! Congrats!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations! What an experience!!
  • Options
    What a crazy story! Glad everything worked out! Congrats!

• Options
    Wow, that's crazy! Congrats!! (And I love the name Cooper - we're using it for our girl)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"